Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lezell Balentine - Texas Execution - February 8, 2023

The Fifth Circuit has denied Balentine’s appeal and affirmed the district court’s denial of his habeas petition.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...021-08-03.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Potter County is pretty aggressive. I'd expect a 2022 execution date here for sure.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

En banc rehearing denied August 31, 2021.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...9_ExtnMtn1.pdf

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Final petition for writ of certiorari filed January 28, 2022.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-7061.html

Final appeal distributed for conference June 9, 2022.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-7061.html

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    In today's orders, the United States Supreme Court DENIED Balentine's petition for certiorari.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
    Case Numbers: (18-70035)
    Decision Date: August 3, 2021
    Rehearing Denied: August 31, 2021

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/...22zor_j5fl.pdf

Keri Blakinger just posted that Balentine has received an execution date for February 8, 2023

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77DFB0AC-B908-4C3F-9A47-F35E4BE5BD2A.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	2964
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 09-02-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Was wondering what the holdup was. He's the only death row inmate from Potter County left and they're very aggressive and conservative.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Execution date set for man who killed 3 Amarillo teenagers in their sleep

BY JAMIE BURCH
    ABC 7 NEWS

A new execution date was set for a man who killed three Amarillo teenagers in their sleep.

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed John Lezell Balentine, 53, is scheduled to be executed on February 8, 2023.

On January 21, 1998, Balentine crawled through the window of the Amarillo home he used share with his ex-girlfriend, Misty Caylor, and shot her brother, Edward Mark Caylor, Kai Brooke Geyer, 15, and Steven Brady Watson,15, in the head.

According to ABC-13 in Houston where Balentine was arrested, Balentine told police he moved out of the house because of drug use there, then said he learned later that Caylor was looking to kill him because he had “jumped on his sister.”

"Mark had threatened my life, threatened my brother, girlfriend and the kids, waving a gun and talking about what he was going to do to me and whoever else come over there looking for me and stuff," he said.

Balentine also said he didn't know the other two victims.

He previously served time in Arkansas for burglary, kidnapping, assault and robbery.

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...LeBY1IQ8QpaRMk

Extra info, No news was reporting about the execution date so I messaged this news company about it, and here you go

On another note, I just realized that this guy is Black. I thought he was White until the date was set.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information