Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lezell Balentine - Texas Execution - February 8, 2023

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    I don't get this. Why does DA Sims lose time asking the judge to reconsider his order instead of appealing it to the TCCA? Is he procedurally forced to do so?

Potter County DA Randall Sims has withdrawn the execution date for John Balentine of which he was set for execution February 8, 2023. A new date will be requested in due course.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    The TDCJ has put Balentine's February 8, 2023 execution date back on the scheduled executions website. They had previously removed it. I am confused here, has the judge changed his mind and granted the states motion to reinstate the death warrant?

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/death_row...ers_on_dr.html

We actually get 3 Texas executions in just the first month of 2023 is Texas going back to its true self again?

On Wednesday the Potter County judge refused to reconsider his decision. Maybe they have appealed to the TCCA?
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Balentine currently has a writ of habeas corpus and stay of execution pending before the TCCA. The entire thing is just crying racism: Mark Caylor was racist, the District Attorney was racist, the jury foreman Dory England was racist. Oh and can’t forget the whole bad childhood thing makes this a lynching thing.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

So, is this execution back on schedule or not?

It must be if the TDCJ put it back on the schedule.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

This is strange. Nobody move it from Stays of Execution until we can figure out what the Hell is going on, as 45 would likely phrase it.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

As of today, the motion for stay of execution for the February 8th date is still pending before the TCCA, and has not been recalled as moot. As I see it, this alone would suggest the execution is still on track, but the situation is extremely hazy.

Is there a way to know if DA Sims has appealed the Potter County trial judge order to the TCCA? That could give us a reasonable explanation.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information