Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andre Maurice Warner Sentenced to Life in 2016 FL Murder of Adam Hilarie

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    What's the point in having a jury if these anti-dp judge can ignore everything and give life regardless?

This is the same judge that went against the jury’s recommendation in the Cheyenne Jessie case
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    Who is this judge?

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

He’s also going to be judge in the Tony “TJ” Wiggins death penalty trial. Lord help us in that particular case

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    He has sentenced people to death before. Cases like this with only one victim have been reduced to life by the Florida Supreme Court before and he probably figured this one would be as well so he just went ahead and saved us all the time. Not saying it's right, but that was probably his reasoning

I know this case was 13 months ago but judicial override was abolished in Florida in 2016, so how can the judge override the jury’s recommendation in this case and the Cheyenne Jessie case

Judicial override means the judge can override the jury if they choose life. Abolishing judicial override means the judge cannot overturn the recommendation and elevate the sentence to death. In this case the jury chose death which Jalal Harb downgraded. Abolishing judicial override does not take away the practice of a judge downgrading the sentence it only takes away a judges ability to upgrade the sentence.
    Last edited by Neil; 01-29-2023 at 08:45 AM.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Steven AB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    I know this case was 13 months ago but judicial override was abolished in Florida in 2016, so how can the judge override the jury’s recommendation in this case and the Cheyenne Jessie case
    There are states where the statute grants to the judge the power to overrule a death recommendation, and other states where he is totally bound by the jury sentence and has no choice but to impose it.

Because of the Parkland indefensible verdict, DeSantis is currently asking the Florida legislature to revamp the capital sentencing law. If they really believe that a single juror should not have the power to block a sentence, a single judge should not either and they should abolish this possibility as well.

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post132530
    Last edited by Steven AB; 01-30-2023 at 03:35 AM.
    "If ever there were a case for a referendum, this is one on which the people should be allowed to express their own views and not irresponsible votes in the House of Commons." — Winston Churchill, on the death penalty

The self-styled "Death Penalty Information Center" is financed by the oligarchic European Union. — The Daily Signal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information