Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Wuhan residents estimate, based on calculations of cremations and urns now being returned to families, that between 42k-46k (!!) died in city + surrounding areas in the 2.5 months of lockdown. Far more than official figure of 2535 deaths.

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/chi...020182846.html
    I did some seat-of-the-pants calculations using the overall death rate for China and a population of 11 million for the city itself and in 2.5 months the city alone should produce close to 17,000 deaths absent a pandemic. Do you have any estimate of the population of the surrounding area included in this?

I think you have look at the official death toll 3308 and times it by 16. If you go at the high end of 46,000 then it would be 3308 times 18.

So between 52,928 - approx 60,000 deaths.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    I'm thinking more around 20,000-25,000 unreported cv-19 deaths, plus perhaps another thousand people dying at home of something else that they could have survived were they allowed to leave home for hospital.

Georgia man arrested in alleged coronavirus test kickback scheme

By Robert Gearty
    Fox News

A Georgia man was charged Monday in federal court with hatching an illegal kickback scheme involving coronavirus tests.

FBI agents arrested Erik Santos, 49, at his home in Braselton on Monday morning. He was charged with one count of conspiring to violate the Anti-Kickback Statute and one count of conspiring to commit health care fraud, New Jersey federal prosecutors said.

“The complaint in this case describes a defendant who saw the spread of COVID-19 as nothing more than an opportunity to profit personally,” Newark U.S. Attorney Craig Carpenito said. “As the complaint alleges, he offered kickbacks in exchange for medically unnecessary tests – including potentially hard-to-obtain COVID-19 tests – thus preying on people’s fear in order to defraud the government and make money for himself.”

“It is unfortunate that we have people in our country who will capitalize on others' suffering to make a buck,” said Gregory Ehrie, head of the Newark FBI office. “But this case takes things to a new low. This defendant not only allegedly defrauded the government, he conspired to bilk his fellow citizens of a valuable resource that's in high demand. His profiteering is akin to receiving blood money."

The complaint accused Santos of agreeing with others to be paid kickbacks on a per-test basis for COVID-19 tests, provided that those tests were bundled with a much more expensive respiratory pathogen panel test. That other test does not identify or treat COVID-19

"[W]hile there are people going through what they are going through, you can either go bankrupt or you can prosper,” Santos told an FBI informant on March 19 in a recorded phone conversation, according to the complaint.

The complaint also quoted Santos as telling the informant during the call that his other work was on hold because “everybody has been chasing the Covid dollar bird.”

Prosecutors said the kickback scheme involved defrauding Medicare.

Santos faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted on the two counts he was charged with.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-m...ckback-schemef
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Florida Sheriff to Arrest Rodney Howard Browne, Megachurch Pastor Who Flouted Virus Rules

Rodney Howard-Browne has been an outspoken opponent of social distancing requirements, claiming his church has machines that can stop the coronavirus

By Will Sommer
    The Daily Beast

A Florida sheriff announced an arrest warrant for a controversial pastor on Monday, after the religious leader refused to stop holding packed church services amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said at a press conference that Pastor Rodney-Howard-Browne is wanted on charges of unlawful assembly and violation of public health rules after flouting social distancing orders at The River at Tampa Bay church.

Howard-Browne—an ally of President Donald Trump—has been an outspoken opponent of social distancing requirements, claiming his church has machines that can stop the coronavirus and vowing to personally cure the state of Florida himself.

“His reckless disregard for human life put hundreds of people in his congregation at risk, and thousands of residents who may interact with them this week, in danger,” Chronister said at the press conference.

Howard-Browne did not respond to an immediate request for comment. The sheriff said they expected him to turn himself in.

Chronister’s office warned Howard-Browne on Sunday that his busy services violated a county order against gatherings of more than 10 people. Deputies for Chronister, a Republican, set up an electronic sign outside the church on Sunday urging parishioners to stay six feet apart from each other, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

At services on March 15, Howard-Browne encouraged his parishioners to shake hands to show they weren’t afraid of contracting the coronavirus and vowed his church “will never close.”

“This has to be the safest place,” said Howard-Browne, who was in a group of evangelical leaders who laid hands on Donald Trump in a White House ceremony in 2017.

The sheriff disagreed, saying the pastor was putting people’s health at risk.

“I believe there's nothing more important than faith during a time like this,” Chronister said. “And as a sheriff's office we would never impede someone’s ability to lean on their religious beliefs as a means of comfort. But practicing those beliefs has to be done safely.”

He said the sheriff’s office spoke to attorneys for the church twice to explain they were violating government orders. He said officers tried to meet in person with Howard-Browne but he refused.

Chronister said the pastor’s stance was particularly bewildering because he could have just live-streamed the service to his 4,000 members. Instead, he encouraged everyone to come in person and even provided bus service.

State Attorney Andrew Warren said the arrest warrant should serve as a warning to others who refuse to follow the distancing rules.

“Where people are refusing to obey law enforcement in this regard you risk being arrested and prosecuted,” he said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hillsb...a=twitter_page

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ambubus.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	1952

A new Dutch ambulance bus carrying 6 ICU coronapatients over a 250 kilometer distance suffered a technical breakdown tonight.

As few other ambulances are available and oxygen cylinders onboard are limited too, the bus is towed all the way.

Who else besides me is going to be locked up on their birthday? At least its looking that way for me..sigh.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

I will be too, Helen. Sigh.
    "Sorry for the delay, I got caught in traffic." — Rodney Scott Berget, South Dakota, October 29, 2018 — final words.

Mine is April 30 MC, what date is your's?

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

April 19th.
    "Sorry for the delay, I got caught in traffic." — Rodney Scott Berget, South Dakota, October 29, 2018 — final words.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information