Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    It's also tragically ironic given he's consistently voted to pull funding from the NHS. I keep wondering whether the coronavirus pandemic is gonna prove to be an epiphany moment for economically liberal politicians who become critically ill during it.
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Something good had better come out of all this. And surely a modicum of good can come from even the worst events in history.

It's tiring that, at least here in America, voters are forced to often choose between socially sane politicians who shill for the richest of the rich and those who want to economically take care of people but embrace the most wacko social positions (and I'm not even calling for fundamentalism - just a dose of sanity). Maybe the former camp can better themselves, although I won't hold my breath. The stance of most of these elites, Boris probably included, is "I got mine so shove off."
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Louisiana just released COVID-19 data which shows that African-Americans account for 70% of all deaths in the state.

African-Americans makes up roughly 32% of the population.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Cook County, IL is 23% African American. 58% of Cook County COVID-19 deaths are African Americans.

City of Chicago is 29% African American. 70% of Chicago COVID-19 deaths are African Americans.

Hypertension, diabetes, and respiratory illnesses at issue in the shocking discrepancy.
    Louisiana just released COVID-19 data which shows that African-Americans account for 70% of all deaths in the state.

African-Americans makes up roughly 32% of the population.
    Generally speaking, the African Americans in the ghettos are refusing to social distance or take the other measures to slow the spread of COVID-19. Our neighborhood is about 60% black.

Our black neighbors — with whom we talk over fences now — are terrified of an exodus from the ghettos to our neighborhood.
    "Sorry for the delay, I got caught in traffic." — Rodney Scott Berget, South Dakota, October 29, 2018 — final words.

Ronald Rice and victim, 11 year old Edwin Gulbransen

And now for a little bit of good news.

The coronavirus has taken the life of a 66 year old inmate serving 80 years for the 1980 rape and murder of an 11 year old boy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...er/ar-BB12hOGh
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Wonderful news finally. Hopefully, we can see murderers die worldwide from this.

Coronavirus: Greater Manchester Police warning after 660 parties shut down

BBC News

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said "each and every one of us need take this seriously".

There were 1,132 coronavirus-related breaches reported between Saturday and Tuesday, the force said.

That included 494 house parties - some with DJs, fireworks and bouncy castles - and 166 street parties.

One woman in Bury became the first person in Greater Manchester to be charged under the Coronavirus Act 2020 after police had to repeatedly shut down one of the parties.

The force also had to deal with 122 different groups gathering to play sports, 173 more gatherings in parks and 112 incidents of anti-social behaviour and public disorder.

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham said such behaviour was "completely unacceptable".

"They are putting everybody at risk," he said.

"The vast majority of people in Greater Manchester are observing the guidelines, but we cannot have a situation where we've got people flouting the rules.

"If you are going out and about you are putting at risk the most vulnerable members of our community and you need to have a good hard look at yourself."

The region's deputy mayor for policing and crime, Beverley Hughes, said the number coronavirus-related incidents had risen considerably.

Officers responded to about 500 callouts a day last weekend, she said.

However, she said calls for enforcement for businesses not complying with the rules had fallen.

Mr Hopkins said: "We understand the desire people will have to spend time with family and friends over the Easter period, however it is vital that we follow the government guidelines.

"The single most important action we can take in fighting coronavirus is to stay at home in order to save lives."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    So, a group of doctors and other medical experts have asked death penalty states to give up their drugs to help treat COVID patients.

https://mobile.twitter.com/keribla/s...70931048894464
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

The stock of execution drugs is extremely low I fail to see how this isn't a stunt.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Mike its real.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information