Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak

Getting locked down on my birthday would be somewhat of a plus because then I'd have an excuse to do nothing for it. I've been alternately dreading and simply not caring about my upcoming birthday.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

This is awful a nursing home just north of where I live just had its 13th death and about 60 employees are are currently infected and in quarantine. The city of Toronto has now cancelled all events until the end of June including the biggest the Pride festival.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Turkmenistan, which shares a border with Iran, has banned the use of the word ‘Coronavirus’ and is arresting people who discuss the pandemic in public.

Plainclothes police officers are also arresting people who wear face masks in public.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rd-coronavirus
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Judge from Greenwich who presided over World Trade Center bombing case dies from coronavirus

By Ken Borsuk
    Greenwich Times

The town has suffered its first death due to coronavirus.

Retired U.S. District Judge Kevin Duffy, who served in New York’s Southern District, died Wednesday after contracting the virus, according to family members.

Duffy, 87, had been at the Nathaniel Witherell, in the short-term rehabilitation section, before he tested positive and was then moved to Greenwich Hospital.
    The hospital could not immediately comment about his cause of death.

Duffy had been a Greenwich resident for the past several years and had continued to practice law in Greenwich at the firm of Duffy and Staab LLC alongside his son Kevin Duffy Jr., one of the firm’s managing members. Kevin Duffy Jr. confirmed his father’s death on Wednesday afternoon and said he had been at the Witherell recovering from a short-term illness.1

Judge Duffy retired from the federal bench in 2016 after 44 years as a district judge in the Southern District of New York. He presided over the trial in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center as well as the trial of members of the Black Liberation Army who took part in a murder and armed robbery of a Brinks truck in Nanuet, N.Y.

In his career on the bench, he oversaw a famous case involving $98 billion in gold from the Iranian government that was held by the New York Federal Reserve Bank during the hostage crisis. His son said he also presided over a half-dozen cases against members of the mafia.

Duffy’s death is among the first deaths in Greenwich connected to the coronavirus. The town recorded three deaths on Wednesday, according to First Selectman Fred Camillo.

Duffy is the uncle of Edward Krumeich II, a former member of the town’s Board of Estimate and Taxation and a current Superior Court judge in Connecticut.

“When I was interviewed to be a judge I was asked if I had a legal hero and I most definitely did in my Uncle Kevin,” Krumeich said, recalling how his uncle had to be placed under 24/7 guard during and after the World Trade Center bombing case and other terrorism cases that came through his courtroom.

https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/c...n-15172320.php
    Last edited by Mike; 04-01-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Figures from the Department of Health show the number of COVID-19 deaths reported in the UK has risen by 569 to 2,921 and the number of confirmed cases has risen by 4,244 to 33,718.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...for-the-public

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Robert Kraft is using the New England Patriots team plane to transport one million N95 masks from China directly to Massachusetts hospitals.

The plane will arrive in Boston full of personal protective equipment this afternoon.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Who else besides me is going to be locked up on their birthday? At least its looking that way for me..sigh.
    March 30 was my birthday and I was in lockdown. I’m a piano teacher and one of the moms brought me over a huge pot of homemade chicken noodle soup and fresh baked buns. Another friend brought over potato soup and tortilla soup! My mom brought me a cake and flowers and left it on the table outside my back door. Then my sister and niece came over and brought a cake and presents and left them outside. So, I was pretty spoiled! My husband has been at our lake house for the last 3 weeks. He was there just to fish, and then I got sick and he was told by our doctor that he couldn’t come home for 14 days, which will be April 6. I haven’t gotten any better and I went today to get tested for the COVID-19 virus. I will know in 48 to 72 hours if it’s positive. If not, they’ll send a letter! Weird. Why not just send me a text? If it isn’t the virus, I’d like to know WHAT it is. The hospital tested for regular flu and it was negative. I have asthma, so it could be bronchitis. Feels like pneumonia. Ha! It’s kicking my butt, whatever it is.

-Dawn

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    This is scary Dawn I have asthma myself and I am staying in except to get groceries I hope you are negative but the testing system bites stay positive sending prayers your way

In Michigan Black people are dying from Corona three times faster than other races.

Blacks account for 40% of Corona deaths in Michigan thus far, despite being only 14% of the population.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Member
    i'm so sorry you are sick, Dawn. I hope you get better soon.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information