Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Dale Barbee - Texas Execution - November 16, 2022

Yes the TCCA denied a stay and a writ for habeas corpus on October 8.

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=10/08/2021

Doesn’t matter though since it got stayed anyway.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AP19267662978830.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	2468
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Stephen Barbee has received an execution date of November 16th, 2022.

Name:	FaFkY-nX0AABLEd.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	2954

About time this neanderthal got another date.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

A federal judge, granting Stephen Barbee's motion for preliminary injuction, said that the execution can't go forward unless TDCJ formalizes a new policy specifying prisoners' religious rights during an execution.

Name:	FgtzZ6vX0AEg8eE.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	2973

But it was resolved in March! And there it is! The latest metamorphosis of this Civil Rights Grifting Machine. Once again Clarence Thomas is vindicated as the only justice willing to call a spade a spade.

I'd like to know how this went down. I have two guesses.

1. Barbee refused to make any requests as a blatant delay tactic, and despite the fact that Buntion, Kosoul, and Ramirez all made requests that were granted, this smoothbrained judge unfit to sweep the courthouse steps issued a stay.

OR

2. TDCJ denied Barbee's request and, rather than issuing an injunction not halting the execution but ordering them to simply accommodate this request (as judges did with Ramiro Gonzales and Frank Atwood), the judge issued a stay in direct contravention with Chief Justice Roberts' directive in March's ruling.

Once again the issue rises from the dead and once again, this year and next year, the Big Texas won't surpass three executions if this isn't overturned.

Republicans need to make repealing RLUIPA a top priority. America must put to bed this false notion that prisoners are entitled to religious rights.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Just two questions:

1) Why can't TDCJ officials swallow their pride, and write once and for all that they will grant every religious request an inmate makes, even if it implies bringing the entire Harlem Gospel Choir into the execution chamber?

2) Why can't Texas AG Paxton appeal wrong orders like his colleagues in Oklahoma, Arizona, Alabama, Missouri, etc...routinely do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastro Titta View Post
    Just two questions:

1) Why can't TDCJ officials swallow their pride, and write once and for all that they will grant every religious request an inmate makes, even if it implies bringing the entire Harlem Gospel Choir into the execution chamber?

2) Why can't Texas AG Paxton appeal wrong orders like his colleagues in Oklahoma, Arizona, Alabama, Missouri, etc...routinely do?
    In regards to 1: Texas said after Ramirez they would simply review each request on the merits rather than write a formal policy. This worked for the three before Barbee. That Barbee has done this instead proves that his interest lies not in spiritual comfort, but in delaying his execution, which means his lawsuit is due to be dismissed rather than granted by a senile old coot in a robe.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

The State of Texas just appealed Judge Hoyt's ruling in Barbee's case.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...bee-v-collier/
    Last edited by Mastro Titta; 11-05-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Good.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information