Thread: The Strange Case of Doctor Halprin and Mr. Tharpe

The Strange Case of Doctor Halprin and Mr. Tharpe

The Strange Case of Doctor Halprin and Mr. Tharpe

By Mike

Capital punishment, a sensitive topic for many and a refined conversation piece for the Enlighted. When many Americans hear this word, they think of the electric chair, a now almost unused relic of Americas past. The chair is American as apple pie, do you know what else is just as iconic? No not sports ball, legal appeals. Yes, legal appeals, those pleas you send out to a judge decrying the injustice that occurred to you as some point. You know who likes filing appeals? Death row inmates. They file so many that it may take as much as 20 years to be heard. Two of these fine beings Randy Halprin of Texas and Keith Tharpe are just two of these people. They are special, for they are treading into uncharted waters of the already vastly explored ocean that is race-based appeals. I will attempt to plot a course through these muck filled waters and reveal what new landmasses may be discovered. The legal tsunami that awaits this nation if the Supreme Court orders that either of them is granted new trials and/or sentencings is unpreceded on a national scale. The rulings on their cases is one of the biggest indicators how low America’s justice system may go under the current Supreme Court composition.

However before we skip to the to the end of the wild ride that is death penalty ligation we must first see how these two men arrived at their current destinations. Keith Tharpe is a black man currently under a sentence of death in the state of Georgia. He gained this penalty by the brutal kidnap and raping of his wife Migrisus Tharpe and murdering her sister Jaquelin Freeman in Jones County on September 25th 1990. His guilt has never been in a state of doubt. As the years went on his legal arguments bore no fruit. By late 2017 his appeals had finally ran out. As prescribed by law, the Attorney General of Georgia ,Chris Carr sought to execute Tharpe’s sentence. On September 6 an execution date was scheduled to begin on September 26 and to be active for one full week after. In Georgia a death warrant is active for one week unlike a 24-hour period in most other states.

Randy Halprin was a member of the Texas Seven an extremely notorious group of prisoners that escaped from the Connally Unit a Maximum-security prison in Texas on December 13, 2000. Halprin, alongside a motley crew of 6 degenerates then began a spree of robberies throughout the Dallas-Fortworth area. On Christmas eve 2000, the Texas Seven were robbing an Oshmans sporting goods store. On this fateful night a 911 call was sent out during the robbery. Officer Aubrey Hawkins responding to a call was gunned down in the parking lot and then run over by a vehicle that the Seven had stolen. After the murder the seven fled to Colorado where on January 23 2001 another officer Jason Manspeaker died in a car accident while investigating a sighting of the seven. Within a 24-hour period of Manspeakers death six of the seven were captured with a seventh killing himself.

All six were sentenced to death. With four being executed by December 2018. The two that remain are Halprin and the most prominent Buddhist in America, Patrick Murphy. Both exhausted their appeals in the winter of 2018-2019.

Murphy was slated to go before Halprin but through legal ineptitude and the power of Vishnu he still draws breath. Halprin received his first execution date on July 8, 2019 which was scheduled to occur on October 10, 2019 between the hours of 6-12 pm.

Many of you may be wondering what a “black” and a "Jew” from different states have in common. The answer is simple, they are both behind bars because of wahiscm. You may ask what is the proof of said comments. Something that a rational human being will ask. However, if you are part of the plutocracy ruling America you won’t ask or care.

Georgia has been emptying their death row out in the past couple of years, with a record of nine executions being carried in 2016. Nine executions being carried out in any state besides Texas in any time period this country is extremely rare.

Georgia also set another milestone by being only state since 1993 that has carried out more executions in a calendar year (2016) then the lone star state. Tharpe who was at the final stage of his appeals SCOTUS, decided to play the almighty race card. On June 21, 2017 only a single day before SCOTUS would hold a conference on his case. His attorneys announced that they had been sitting on a very concerning interview they had conducted with one of Tharpe’s trial jurors 19 years prior.

This juror Barney Gattie, a white man, was interviewed by the attorneys in 1998.Gattie who didn’t realize the exact ramifications of his “off the record” interview attempted to have his statements amended. He claimed the attorneys loosened his lips with booze. The outcome of this legal battle is unknown as Gattie died in 2007, nine years after the interview was conducted and over decade before his interview would be used.

During the interview with Gattie made a number of what is considered “very racist comments”. “indicating [his] view that ‘there are two types of black people: 1. Black folks and 2. N#######’; that [Petitioner], ‘who wasn’t in the “good” black folks category in my book, should get the electric chair for what he did’; that ‘[s]ome of the jurors voted for death because they felt [Petitioner] should be an example to other blacks who kill blacks, but that wasn’t my reason’; and that, ‘[a]fter studying the Bible, I have wondered if black people even have souls.” The only word that is omitted is a racial slur.

SCOTUS waited until September 26, the day of Tharpe’s execution to stay the execution of sentence until they had more time to consider his case. Unusually Tharpe’s case was scheduled for debate by SCOTUS 13 times, most cases are only scheduled for debate once or twice. In January 2018 SCOTUS kicked his case down to Circuit court. For the next year his case was sent back down to state court, then made its way back to SCOTUS which in March of 2019 ruled that he shouldn’t be allowed to be granted cert. Which means this entire run around has been a waste of time.

With cert denied this sets the stage for another execution date. There hasn’t been any movement on his case since March even though Georgia has executed three black men since then.

Texas has been hitting a slump these past years from having 40 executions in 2000, to 7 in 2016 and 17. The motto for Texas is that for every execution that is carried out in one is stayed.

In Halprin’s case it wasn’t until May of 2019 when he at the last stage of his appeals, his attorneys claimed that his trial judge Vickers Cunningham called Halprin a number of antisemitic slurs. Vickers was also quoted as having said to a number of hostile statements to campaign volunteer Amanda Tackett during his reelection for his judge seat. The one that pertains to Halprin is below.

“My job is to prevent (n-words) from running wild again,” he allegedly referred to Halprin “god**** k***” and “f***in Jew.”

Halprin’s execution was stayed on October 4 by the Texas Criminal Court of Appeals(TCCA). So that they could take a look at these claims of bias.

Now not minding the many other things that have Cunningham may have admitted to a news organization such as his crass inheritance redistribution scheme. You may ask again, what is the proof of these allegations? Halprin's attorneys noted that they only learned of Cunningham’s views based on an expose ran on him by the Dallas Morning News a year prior. The evidence? Written statements that Tackett swears he said. As in the case of Tharpe, a signed statement made under the influence of alcohol by a now long deceased man.

Hearsay is regularly challenged in courts and is routinely thrown out as admissible. However, by simply making such allegations even though they are likely unfounded, turns the “justice” system on its head. Instead of punishing these lowlifes who have been convicted horrendous crimes we are placing innocent men in front of a firing squad that is composed of the lugennpresse.

Gattie whom has passed on from this earth, is being assassinated by a culture that places their emotions before fact, he cannot defend himself. Cunningham after losing his reelection by a mere 25 votes, seems to have slinked into retirement. Yet here we are decades after these men did their duty and are being condemned. For allegedly, again ALLEGEDLY using forbidden words they are now sentenced to an eternity of shame and hatred.

For their crimes are far worse than the rape and pillage of thigh neighbor, they blasphemed the minority.

SCOTUS ruling that either of these men deserves to be resentenced or retried is an indication as to how much of a clown show the next 30 years of judicial rule in America will be. To say that a simple allegation of racism is enough to overturn decades of legal work and hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on frivolous appeals and medical exams is horrific. It is also a the forebearer of what is to come.

What is to stop every nonwhite inmate in America claiming the same? Oh wait a second, this scenario has already occurred in North Carolina. The Racial Justice act only applies to the death row of North Carolina thankfully.

However if SCOTUS gives either of these guys a favorable ruling expect laws similar to the Racial Justice act to expand nationwide. Republicans repealed the Racial Justice Act in 2013. However, 4 inmates were able to get their claims heard and one had his sentence reduced to life because, of racial statics.

The Death Penalty is a litmus test for the true beliefs of a person. From judge to governor, their willingness to either stall the death penalty or allow to it to be rightful imposed gives us a glimpse as to how they will rule for years.

The racial justice act was repealed before it had its full day in court. The act which claimed that using race-based statics in court is introducing bias was never challenged by a court. Imagine the disaster that might create.

Editors Note

This article was written before Tharpe’s demise from cancer. As we have seen these inmates are easily replaced, their attorneys are vultures whom will move onto the next case and attempt to make an injustice case out of another man. He was briefly replaced by Nathanial Woods of Alabama, but his appeals didn’t work out.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-11-2020 at 11:51 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

What does BLM have to do with Dr Halperin and Mr Tharpe? Am I missing something.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    What does BLM have to do with Dr Halperin and Mr Tharpe? Am I missing something.
    Ha this is an OPED thread. For all opinion editorials...My post has nothing to do with Mikes post
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Damn Mike that was a well written opinion editorial, but I lost ya at like the 50,000th word.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    I accidentally replied to Mikes post. And yes I am your leader LOL

I sat on this for about 3 months. it was originally 5,000 words and I kept cutting it down. I'm just happy I could place is somewhere and that someone enjoyed it.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I sat on this for about 3 months. it was originally 5,000 words and I kept cutting it down. I'm just happy I could place is somewhere and that someone enjoyed it.
    Can ya give me the cliff notes on it though

TLDR Notes?

Racial bias claims are getting out of hand due to there being zero consequences for making up claims.

Keith Tharpe's attorneys sat on a racial bias claim for 19 years before telling the world that one his late juror's called him the N word, 8 years after the trial in an intoxicated state.

Halprins lawyers claimed that his trial judge called him the K word in private years after his trial. Their evidence that he said this, was a disgraced former aide of his who made the claims during a heated political race that she stood to benefit from him losing from. His lawyers weren't even aware of her claims until a media company contacted them about it.

I then linked this to North Carolina's Racial Justice Act, which stupidly gave every single inmate a fresh new appeal to challenge any racial discrimination that accrued to them during court.

Thread Information