Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: John David Battaglia - Texas Execution - February 1, 2018

The denial of a COA for John Battaglia and the premonition of a death warrant for him just made my day.
    Last edited by FFM; 02-01-2018 at 10:31 PM.

I just read online what he did..absolutely despicable. People that murder their own children to get revenge against their spouse are the lowest of the low.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster elsie's Avatar
    Yep, totally agree on this.
    Proverbs 21:15 "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evil doers."

He should be getting a X date sometime early 2016...

Execution date set for John Battaglia, Texas death row inmate who killed daughters

An execution date has been set for John Battaglia, the Texas death row inmate who became a household name to many North Texans after he killed his daughters in a Deep Ellum loft in 2001.

Battaglia, 60, is scheduled to be put to death March 30.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Jason Clark confirmed the execution date Thursday.

Battaglia, an accountant, took 9-year-old Faith and 6-year-old Liberty to the Adam Hats Loftd where he lived and shot them while on the phone with their mother. “Mommy, why do you want Daddy to have to go to jail?” Faith asked before she died.

He was arrested outside a nearby tattoo parlor several hours later and convicted of capital murder in 2002.

The 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals denied Battaglia’s latest appeal last summer, rejecting his argument that he received ineffective counsel because his attorneys failed to question jurors about their openness to considering mental health in their decision. Defense psychiatrists testified at his trial that he has bipolar disorder.

I interviewed Battaglia on death row last year for a story about people convicted of killing their loved ones.

He told me then he was “a little bit in the blank” about what happened. He denied responsibility for his daughters’ deaths.

“I don’t feel like I killed them,” he said.

In the below video from our interview, I prompt Battaglia to explain his position and he describes the photos of his daughters he keeps in his prison cell.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016...aughters.html/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Hopefully this lowlife gets juiced but I'm always wary of Texas dates. Sure there's a lot of exec but a lot get stayed too

I hope this year Florida surpasses Texas.

They might. It looks like Florida may execute one a month for a total of 12. Texas is always good for roughly the same amount. Georgia has 5 coming in the near months. Missouri could be good for 2 since Forrest exhausted his appeals and Ernest Johnson could get executed if he's ruled against. And Tennessee is slowly winding it's way to resuming

In today's orders, the United States Supreme Court declined to review Battaglia's petition for certiorari.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
    Case Nos.: (13-70035)
    Decision Date: July 15, 2015
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Junior Member Stranger
    I am looking forward to this one. I am also a CPA and this stain on my profession needs to go (the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy revoked his license).

The case is very well known in DFW and one of the saddest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkaaron54 View Post
    They might. It looks like Florida may execute one a month for a total of 12. Texas is always good for roughly the same amount. Georgia has 5 coming in the near months. Missouri could be good for 2 since Forrest exhausted his appeals and Ernest Johnson could get executed if he's ruled against. And Tennessee is slowly winding it's way to resuming
    Texas has already executed two and as of this date has ten scheduled executions (and that's just through July). If all of them go as scheduled that would be the most in that period of time since 2010.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information