Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Tracy Lane Beatty - Texas Execution - November 9, 2022

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    So Beatty is completely skipping the Fifth Circuit and the TBPP, as if that mattered anyway
    No, he is appealing the Fifth Circuit denial of his first federal motion, back on November 2nd, the one which post #103 on this thread refers to.

Well, that appeal is likely to been denied by today.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Beatty during a recent interview. He looks a lot different.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    In the SCOTUS reply brief filed by the State of Texas, we read the the TBPP unanimously denied clemency to Tracy Beatty.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...3599%20BIO.pdf

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Texas to execute man for killing mother nearly 20 years ago

By Juan Lozano
    The Associated Press

A Texas inmate whose lawyers say has a history of mental illness faces execution on Wednesday for killing his mother and burying her body in her backyard nearly 20 years ago.

Tracy Beatty, 61, is scheduled to receive a lethal injection Wednesday evening at the state penitentiary in Huntsville. He was sentenced to death for strangling his mother, Carolyn Click, after they argued in November 2003 in her East Texas home.

Authorities say Beatty buried his 62-year-old mother’s body beside her mobile home in Whitehouse, about 115 miles (180 km) southeast of Dallas, and then spent her money on drugs and alcohol.

Beatty’s attorneys have asked the U.S. Supreme Court to stay his scheduled execution, arguing he was being prevented from receiving a full examination to determine if he is intellectually disabled and possibly ineligible to be put to death. He has had three prior execution dates.

His attorneys have requested that state prison officials allow Beatty to be uncuffed during mental health evaluations by experts. The experts argue that having Beatty uncuffed during neurological and other tests is crucial to making an informed decision about intellectual disability and evaluating his mental health.

One expert who examined Beatty said he “is clearly psychotic and has a complex paranoid delusional belief system” and that he lives in a “complex delusional world” where he believes there is a “vast conspiracy of correctional officers who ... ‘torture’ him via a device in his ear so he can hear their menacing voices,” Beatty’s lawyers wrote in their Supreme Court petition.

In 2021, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice put in place an informal policy, citing security and liability concerns, that would only allow an inmate to be unshackled during an expert evaluation through a court order.

Federal judges in East Texas and Houston and the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans previously ruled against Beatty’s request for an evaluation without handcuffs. The federal appeals court called Beatty’s request a “delay tactic.” U.S. District Judge Charles Eskridge in Houston last week questioned why Beatty’s lawyers had not raised any claim relating to his mental health during years of appeals and said requiring handcuffs during such an evaluation is “quite simply, a rational security concern.”

While the Supreme Court has prohibited the death penalty for individuals who are intellectually disabled, it has not barred such punishment for those with serious mental illness, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.

The Texas Legislature considered a bill in 2019 that would have prohibited the death penalty for someone with severe mental illness. The legislation did not pass.

On Monday, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles unanimously declined to commute Beatty’s death sentence to a lesser penalty or to grant a six-month reprieve.

Beatty had a “volatile and combative relationship” with his mother, according to prosecutors. One neighbor, Lieanna Wilkerson, testified Click told her that Beatty had assaulted her several times before, including once when he had “beaten her so severely that he had left her for dead.” But Wilkerson said Click had still been excited to have Beatty move back in with her in October 2003 so they could mend their relationship.

But mother and son argued daily and Click asked her son twice to move out, including just before she was killed, according to testimony from Beatty’s 2004 trial.

“Several times (Beatty) had said he just wanted to shut her up, that he just wanted to choke her and shut her up,” Wilkerson testified.

If Beatty is executed, he would be the fourth inmate put to death this year in Texas and the 13th in the U.S. Another execution in Texas — the last one in the state in 2022 — is scheduled for next week.

https://apnews.com/article/us-suprem...ebf3c62aa67fe7

It’s over for him.

Edit: Beatty’s TOD was 6:39 PM CST

Whitehouse man executed for 2003 death of mother

By Santana Wood
    tylerpaper.com

Tracy Beatty called his own death an "advantage."

Beatty, 61, of Whitehouse, sat on death row for nearly two decades after murdering his mother two days before Thanksgiving in 2003. Although the final execution date was postponed multiple times, Beatty knew his death was coming since he landed in the state penitentiary in August 2004.

“I've got an advantage over most people in the world. I mean, you don't know when you're going to die,” Beatty told our news partners at CBS19 in an exclusive interview just weeks before his execution. “I know when I'm going to die, and I've known that I was going to die since I've been here.”

That moment finally came for Beatty on Wednesday night, as he took his final breaths in between 6 and 6:30 p.m. in an execution chamber at the Huntsville State Penitentiary, according to CBS19 who reported having a journalist in the room during those moments. Family members were also in the room, 19 said.

In the weeks awaiting lethal injection, Beatty said he wasn't worried about dying.

"I've already made my peace with the Man. So I know where I'm going,” Beatty told CBS19 from the Polunsky Unit in Livingston, where he spent most of his time in a cell besides two hours of recreation. “I’ll be in a lot better place than this.”

Beatty was the fourth inmate to be put to death in Texas and the 13th in the country this year, according to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. The state's last execution of the year is scheduled for Nov. 16 and, so far, six others are scheduled for 2023.

Beatty was sentenced in Smith County in 2004 after he was found guilty of strangling his 62-year-old mother Carolyn "Callie" Ruth Click on Nov. 25, 2003 and burying her in the backyard of her pale yellow mobile home on County Road 2323 in Whitehouse.

Killing his mother was an accident, Beatty said.

“That's why I've made my peace with the Man upstairs. I know I'll see her again,” he said. Beatty was baptized during his time in prison.

The murder

Beatty didn't appear remorseful, not 18 years ago during his trial and sentencing as he doodled in a notebook and not in an interview weeks before his death as he reflected back on what happened that day.

Click had told Beatty, who was 43 at the time, he needed to move out of her home, where she'd willingly invited him to stay after he finished serving prison time for intentionally injuring his 18-month-old niece by shocking her with an exposed electrical cord, burning her with cigarettes, pulling her hair, biting her and hitting her in the face, according to court records. As he was during that incident, Beatty said he was also under the influence when he killed Click.

"I'd been drinking all day and I came in drunk," Beatty recalled as he spoke to CBS19 on Oct. 12. "She just started talking trash and raising hell, telling me I wasn't gonna be staying out and all."

He said he tried to leave the room but Click grabbed him by the hair, and that's when he lost control, strangled her, and threw her toward a recliner in the trailer his mother welcomed him into with hopes to repair their volatile relationship.

"What do you think was going through her mind?" Chief Felony Prosecutor April Sikes said during the trial, as reported by the Morning Telegraph in 2004. "'Why, what have I done to make you hate me so much?' How about, 'I love you, how can you do this?' What was her crime — loving him? Ms. Click loved him and it cost her her life."

Beatty said he didn't think she was dead in that moment, but rather just knocked out.

The next morning, he felt his mother's cold body and realized he'd killed her. He took off her clothes and placed her body in the bathtub to rinse off the blood. He left her there for three days before he decided he "had to do something."

“So I just dug a grave in the backyard and put her in it. She always said she wanted to be buried there on top of the hill anyways,” Beatty told CBS19.

Evidence proved Beatty brutally killed his mother by strangling her to death and badly beating her, breaking bones and causing trauma to her head, according to news reported by the Tyler Morning Telegraph in 2004. He then burned her personal items, stole her car, and drained all her bank accounts and credit cards to buy drugs and alcohol, according to court records.

Shortly after Click's death, Beatty was jailed again, this time on auto and theft charges. He was housed in Henderson County when he began telling fellow inmates about murdering his mother. He also requested to speak to investigators so he could lead them to Click’s body to “get her out of the hole before Christmas,” according to the Morning Telegraph. On Dec. 23, 2003, cadaver dogs found her nude, contorted body in a small, shallow grave behind her home. Beatty buried her with mothballs and garlic, covered her with cat litter and lumber, and tied panty hose over her neck and face.

Too little, too late

Beatty's lawyers made last-minute attempts to delay his execution, but both failed. The first try was a lawsuit filed last month against prison officials, arguing Beatty deserved an uncuffed mental evaluation to see if he had an intellectual disability, which would've made it unconstitutional for the state to execute him. The second 11th-hour attempt came last week when his lawyers said they found out one of the jurors knew Click through a similar social circle but didn't fess up at the time. The Supreme Court of the United States on Wednesday morning declined that application for stay of execution.

Although evaluations in the last few months and nearly two decades ago both showed Beatty has mental illness, nothing proved he had an intellectual disability.

During his trial, forensic psychiatrists Dr. Edward Gripon and Dr. Tynus McNeel testified that Beatty’s behavior was consistent with the “lifelong condition of anti-social personality disorder,” according to the Morning Telegraph. However, they concluded he was not mentally ill “to any significant degree” and had an IQ of 100, “which places him in the middle of the population,” according to the news article.

Two doctors, Dr. Bhushan Agharkar and Dr. Daniel Martell, evaluated Beatty on Sept. 19 and Sept. 22, respectively, but both returned incomplete results due to the TDCJ denying to uncuff Beatty. Still, Agharkar said Beatty is “clearly psychotic and has a complex paranoid delusional belief system.”

Agharkar said “unfortunately,” Beatty doesn’t think he has any mental illness and believes the delusion he describes is really happening.

“While he appeared generally logical and linear, when questioning turned to his current incarceration, a complex delusional world revealed itself,” Agharkar said in the letter. “He talked about a vast conspiracy of correctional officers who spread false rumors about him in order to turn people against him. They ‘torture’ him via a device in his ear so he can hear their menacing voices.

“Mr. Beatty believes his thoughts are being read and broadcast to others and that the correctional officers, who are not even present in the prison, are trying to turn inmates and other officers against him by spreading lies.”

https://tylerpaper.com/news/crime/wh...5ff09.amp.html

Information on last words. Edited out redundant information:

Beatty choked up and began sobbing when the warden asked if he had any final words before his life was ended.

Strapped to a gurney, he could barely get the words out as his voice broke.

"I just want to thank …,” Beatty spoke directly to his wife watching from the viewing room behind glass. “I don’t want you leave you, baby. See you when you get there. I love you.”

He blew a kiss to her and then offered his gratitude to fellow death row inmates, naming several.

“I love you, brothers,” he said. “See you on the other side.”

https://nypost.com/2022/11/10/texas-...ore-execution/
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information