Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracy Lane Beatty - Texas Execution - November 9, 2022

Has something changed in the Texas CCA this year? They are giving stays out like candy.

Smith County always turns up trumps on stays of execution. For what reason i do not know. Give it a month and a date could be reset for the new year

They have a much higher tendency to stay than a federal court if:

1. It's an 11th hour appeal.
    2. The inmate says he's too 'retarded' or 'mentally ill.'

Take a read of the 5th Circuit's COA denial. It's only 13 pages long regarding the merits of his arguments. If a U.S. federal court writes one that short then it clearly shows that Beatty's arguments of 'deficient counsel' are full of garbage; Beatty isn't the only one by way. To a greater extent, I've seen opinions go above 150 pages before! In summation, this stay should not have happened.

Senior Member Member OperaGhost84's Avatar
    I'm just getting tired of this "No Timetable" junk. You can't stay an execution he week of and just sit there for five years and then say "Yeah,we're sending it back to trial court and basically start all over."

I have no problem staying Executions if they have a point and "No Timetable" clearly indicates that they don't.
    I am vehemently against Murder. That's why I support the Death Penalty.

Senior Member Member nmiller855's Avatar
    Ridiculous.

ARTICLE 11.071 APPLICATION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS DISMISSED WITH WRITTEN ORDER:

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Searc...f-075d7265fa6f

This also lifts the stay.

Execution reprieve lifted for condemned Texas man

HOUSTON (AP) - The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has lifted its reprieve that blocked the scheduled execution this past summer of a 54-year-old East Texas man condemned for strangling his mother nearly 12 years ago.

Tracy Beatty was within two days of lethal injection set for Aug. 13 when the court halted the punishment as his attorneys argued he had deficient legal help at his 2004 trial and during earlier appeals.

The court Wednesday dismissed their appeal, saying in a brief order that it did not comply with the law.

Beatty was convicted of the 2003 death of 62-year-old Carolyn Click. Her body was found buried near her trailer home outside Tyler in Smith County. When charged, the recently paroled Beatty already was in jail on auto theft and weapons charges.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/execution-r...s-man/35835454
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Brigitte
    According to Beatty himself in a letter dated 01/23/16, the Texas CCA in late October 2015 found that the State had not proven the burglary element of the capital murder case, and as a result vacated the capital murder conviction.

Beatty is no longer awaiting execution, he will NOT be executed but is still on deathrow though, pending further action by his legal team.

Apparently this news item was not picked up by the media.

Apparently, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals does not know about it either. I just went through the hand down lists of orders opinions, and statements from 10/15 - 12/15 and there is not an opinion, order or statement regarding Beatty other than his DENIAL dated 10/14/15.

BTW how much money did he request in his letter dated 01/23/16?

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Docke...spx?coa=coscca

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case....-03&coa=coscca
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

I believe that we should treat messages from people on DR as false. Robert Lynn Pruett claimed a few months back that DNA tests were in his favor. Which was a false claim and a lie.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information