Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Danny Paul Bible - Texas Execution - June 27, 2018

I wouldn't put much stock in this argument. If this was serious, they would have raised it earlier than now. Besides, this is Texas. The day TX can't find a vein is the day Hell freezes over.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    I'm not really worried about this either. Like I said before Texas doesn't have a bunch of monstertards on their execution team like ohio does. 550 lethal injections without a botch including several with vein problems. I don't see the Tcca giving in, nor do i see the 5th. A little worried about the supreme court though.

This appeal has never fared well. Venous access appeals don't have certworthy content, and the other conditions are akin to the "a lot to say a little" approach every procrastinating college student uses. If it isn't a condition that directly affects viability of drugs, such as Russell Bucklew or Ernest Johnson, it is no good. SCOTUS has also shot down every venous access appeal, even the most recent of which was raised after Campbell and Hamm.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Except for bucklew, which i know is a little bit different claims, but i can't help but feel like hamm's botched execution affected Kennedy's decision, and could affect it here.

Moody tried to raise the same venous access (although none of the other conditions Bible lists), and that was after Hamm. Campbell didn't change anything either. Although it is possible SCOTUS was simply biased in Moody's case. We'll see what happens with Bible, but I remain unconcerned.

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar
    When we used the rope to execute a death sentence, there was never an botched execution.
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

Charles the reason we switched from the rope was because the definition of "Botched" for a hanging was simply that the person survived. Hangmen in the US were historically horrible at their jobs. It was common for the condemned to be strangled instead of having their neck snapped, also decapitations occurred at a high rate.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMartel View Post
    When we used the rope to execute a death sentence, there was never an botched execution.
    Actually you guys in France had the best idea with the guillotine.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    My g-d at this point just drop the needle and shot them in the head or he'll cut out their still beating heart Aztec style just do something. Honestly though why haven't the states just passed a law mandating the companies produce the drug or create a state lab that produces it with regular inspections to keep the harpies antis at bay.

Junior Member Stranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Charles the reason we switched from the rope was because the definition of "Botched" for a hanging was simply that the person survived. Hangmen in the US were historically horrible at their jobs. It was common for the condemned to be strangled instead of having their neck snapped, also decapitations occurred at a high rate.
    I had an intresting read on albert pierrepoint and his execution methods . Very interesting . i dont think any prisoner ever survived his drop .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information