Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any republicans who have a remote shot at winning in 2024?

Any republicans who have a remote shot at winning in 2024?

I know the odds are not there. The demographics are just too far gone for that anymore. What do you all think any non rino out there that can appeal to the demographics here?

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    Matt Gaetz seems pretty based. I could see him winning an election for a higher office.

The only shot they have is going to the social right of whatever Trump is and left economically. Rep Massie seems to be the only good one here.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-12-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

It’ll be whoever Trump endorses
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

I second Mike. We NEED a socially right (maybe just socially moderate by 90s standards - which is right by today's standards) and economically left movement in this country. I'm done with the GOP if this shift doesn't take place.

Also, I'm moving this thread to Anything else as it doesn't really fit in with capital punishment discussion.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

The Republican Party belongs to Trump. That’s a given. 2024, will be the toughest election year for the GOP. If they don’t win that year conservative politics are finished that year. Whatever democrat is occupying The White House 5 years from now will undoubtedly be someone like Bernie Sanders.
    Last edited by Neil; 04-12-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Steven AB's Avatar
    A socially right and economically left movement is the key for Republicans to retake power after a Democratic Presidency.

Before that in 2024, for both the "appeal to the demographics" and the subject matter interesting us, a good candidate would be Ted Cruz. He finished second at the 2016 primary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/21/u...his-cause.html

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...penalty-214023

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    It will have to be Don Jr. or Eric.

Matt Gaetz seems to fit the bill on the death penalty. Massie is just like Oldwine when it comes to death penalty an anti. Massie would be Rand Paul for 2024. The party belongs to Trump Gaetz is very much like him in a lot of ways. Demographics wise he would struggle especially by that time Arizona Texas and Georgia will be very purple. Nevada, Colorado and Virginia will be very blue by then.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Steven AB's Avatar
    Matt Gaetz said he will not run.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20...o24#/questions

Ted Cruz has more experience, more funding, and is not only a frank death penalty supporter. He is a lawyer, and I seriously believe that one need to be good jurist (even a self-taught) to be an effective politician implementing his policies. With him it’s in 2017, not in 2019 that federal executions would have been scheduled.
    Last edited by Steven AB; 04-12-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information