Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think a Hillary Clinton President would’ve been better for the Death Penalty?

What’s wrong with appointing him? Furthmore I never stated that they were horrible for the death penalty Scalia just became a so called originalist with Ring. Also, Kavanugh let Madison live with his cert petition so yes he’s a bust.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Steven AB's Avatar
    You didn’t say that explicitly, but you suggested it, and that’s quite wrong.

In reality, originalists like Scalia and Kavanaugh are the most favorable judges that can ever exist in the U.S. for the death penalty.

Ring did not significantly affected the death penalty and that was the proper decision, not the earlier one.

I can’t nothing for you if you claim to not understand why it would be counterproductive to appoint someone who recently lost a judicial election while there are so many other originalist jurists who don’t have this negative point on their career.
    Last edited by Steven AB; 05-26-2020 at 05:18 PM.

so what’s an election got to do with it? He’s a firebrand conservative.

There are a lot of firebrand conservatives who never lost recent judicial elections, nor any election.

Should I really inform you about the background scrutiny Supreme Court nominees have to pass before the Senate vote?
    Last edited by Steven AB; 05-26-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    What’s wrong with appointing him? Furthmore I never stated that they were horrible for the death penalty Scalia just became a so called originalist with Ring. Also, Kavanugh let Madison live with his cert petition so yes he’s a bust.
    Kavanagh was not involved in consideration of Madison nor did he rule on it.

That’s even worse.

This is the final thing I’m going to say if we have around 23 states that have the death penalty after Trump’s second Term and Newsom by that time will have California’s death row down to 200 if we are lucky because he will appoint judges to California’s Supreme Court to dismantle their death penalty law. Then Steven will still be talking about the silent majority. Steven Virginia and Nevada will follow then possibly Ohio because the house speaker there opened the door to repeal it. Dewine, when interviewed about it before he took over for John Kasich said it’s better to throw away the key and lock the murderer up forever which means he’s turned against which is why he used Merz to destroy their protocol. There is nothing wrong with their protocol he’s turned anti now and will abolish it there. So then don’t give me the two percent speech when that happens because that means around 35 percent of death row will be cleared. Silent majority or not minorities of this country hate republican politicians to the core and as whites decline in population the death penalty as well as other conservative social policies will be of no relevance. Just because Trump won that doesn’t mean an extreme progressive like Larry Kranser or Gavin Newsom won’t take over once he leaves office and if you think that’s impossible you are wrong.

What? You criticize Kavanagh for ruling in favour of Madison. I point out that he had nothing to do with Madison and apparently that's even worse? What on earth are you going on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    This is the final thing I’m going to say if we have around 23 states that have the death penalty after Trump’s second Term and Newsom by that time will have California’s death row down to 200 if we are lucky because he will appoint judges to California’s Supreme Court to dismantle their death penalty law. Then Steven will still be talking about the silent majority. Steven Virginia and Nevada will follow then possibly Ohio because the house speaker there opened the door to repeal it. Dewine, when interviewed about it before he took over for John Kasich said it’s better to throw away the key and lock the murderer up forever which means he’s turned against which is why he used Merz to destroy their protocol. There is nothing wrong with their protocol he’s turned anti now and will abolish it there. So then don’t give me the two percent speech when that happens because that means around 35 percent of death row will be cleared. Silent majority or not minorities of this country hate republican politicians to the core and as whites decline in population the death penalty as well as other conservative social policies will be of no relevance. Just because Trump won that doesn’t mean an extreme progressive like Larry Kranser or Gavin Newsom won’t take over once he leaves office and if you think that’s impossible you are wrong.
    I would characterize this last message as a vain incantation.

If you just wanted to confirm that you are a leftist troll, well done.

To sum up, this trolling is exemplified by many of your comments I quoted previously, and by this very thread title you worded, suggesting that when conservatives and death penalty proponents actually win, they lose, and that they can win by supporting Democrats.

In the very first post, you made a fake news claim that a supermajority is required in the U.S. Senate to appoint judges:

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127187

And you claimed that Walter Barton's execution will be stayed for the same reason you make all these other predictions that are mere abolitionist and leftist dreams:

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127008

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127071

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127380
    Last edited by Steven AB; 05-27-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    What? You criticize Kavanagh for ruling in favour of Madison. I point out that he had nothing to do with Madison and apparently that's even worse? What on earth are you going on about?
    Yeah he took no part it’s the same as letting him live. A conservative sitting the case out is not a good thing for pro capital punishment people. King Roberts voted to save Madison Kavanaugh sat out that should be an indication that he’s playing a role as a swing vote. Gorsuch is much less of a swing vote than Kavanagh. He was consistent on that religious issue. For example, Kavanaugh voted to let Ray’s execution go through. Just a month later he switches along with King Roberts and voted to let Murphy live. I never like to believe the racial statistics in the death penalty but this one of the times where I believe he was in favor of the black man dying. While he voted to save the white man. I’m no fan of those two Roberts is a swing vote and Brett Kavanaugh is much more of a swing vote as compared to Gorsuch.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven AB View Post
    I would characterize this last message as a vain incantation.

If you just wanted to confirm that you are a leftist troll, well done.

To sum up, this trolling is exemplified by many of your comments I quoted previously, and by this very thread title you worded, suggesting that when conservatives and death penalty proponents actually win, they lose, and that they can win by supporting Democrats.

In the very first post, you made a fake news claim that a supermajority is required in the U.S. Senate to appoint judges:

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127187

And you claimed that Walter Barton's execution will be stayed for the same reason you make all these other predictions that are mere abolitionist and leftist dreams:

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127008

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127071

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...l=1#post127380
    So Dewine’s own words is trolling? The house speaker there opening the door to repeal the death penalty there is trolling?
    Newsom as Governor ordering a halt to the death penalty in California is trolling? As well as the justice that Pete Wilson appointed retiring is trolling? Newsom conceivably at anytime
    could commute the death sentences of California’s inmates is trolling? Virginia under progressive control and near the verge of abolition verge is trolling? Barton was one execution I like of how you avoided that Roper vs Simmons ruling given in 2003 and yes while the justices were different in today’s era judges are just politicians in black suites contrary to what King Roberts says and furthermore liberal politicians all across the country were more likely then not to be in favor of keeping strict regulations to these lockdowns. Plus I gave this thread is a scenario to see what would people think would happen they think no the answer to this we’ll never really know but my thought process was this Trump is painted as a huge threat by the DNC. Conservatives lost up and down the ballot ever since he took over the election years preceding his first term were extremely turnout elections comparable to Presidential level ones. They were nothing like the ones from Obama’s time low turnout which means older white voters. This is a very young and diverse crowd energized against him.

You could have said the same sort of things in 1970.

In 2016 also the left believed that they were so energized against Trump that the proper "scenario" was Hillary landslide.

What is typical from leftist trolling is the suggestion that the left victory is inevitable and nothing can be done against it (this is the first time you add in bad faith that this is a mere "scenario", and your "scenarios" are almost always pro-liberal), as when you claimed that Barton’s execution will be stayed and he was put to death, that a supermajority is required in the U.S. Senate for appointments while there is none, etc.

As philosopher Karl Popper (and contrary to communists and other leftists) I believe that the future is open and not fixed, and the history of the U.S. death penalty is an illustration of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Po...of_Historicism
    Last edited by Steven AB; 05-27-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information