Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis Riots / Atlanta Shooting

Sometimes it's not your actions but your inaction that can be criminal. I'm assuming that they've charged the officers on the basis that they didnt attempt to stop Chauvin even though (as multiple members of the public realised) they clearly needed to.

If one of those three officers had done the right thing and stepped up which is their duty, George Floyd would be still be alive. Apparently one of them tried and failed to find his pulse and still did nothing. I feel like the current charges are appropriate under the circumstances.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    I understand that inaction can be criminal. But I don't see how one can translate inaction ( = the fact of doing nothing) into "aiding and abetting", which suggests active participation, not inaction.

Rather this would be negligence or failure to execute ones duties. Surely there must be some sort of law with such a meaning.

I see what your saying but I respectfully disagree. They were aiding each other throughout the arrest. When they became aware that the officer had gone too far, they did nothing to stop him. Therefore they were still aiding Chauvin when he murdered Floyd. One of them in the video is very clearly In support of his colleagues actions.

Coronavirus has definitely been drowned out due to this. Going back to Minnesota the whole Police force should be put under investigation since they’ve had a track record of reported police brutality.

They passed a law a few years ago that addresses complicity. I'm not sure if it just applies to LEO's or to everyone. Whether you just stand there or helped restrain the suspect you are just as guilty if he dies.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

I think Coronavirus and all the nonsense and upheaval surrounding it contributed to this. The Floyd killing was the immediate impetus to these riots but in reality I think it was a culmination of all the months of people being stressed and pent up. This was just the spark that ignited the powder keg. Sure there would have been protests and riots in Minneapolis under normal circumstances, but not to this magnitude and probably not nationwide.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Agreed. But the first thing I thought of when I heard about this was the murder of Philando Castile.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

What a great and impressive speech by Pat Lynch just minutes ago on the way media and legislators are treating the police.. Apparently DA's are refusing to prosecute criminals who looted.

Guess who they are prosecuting.

https://youtu.be/9nhWAAKSDBQ?t=148
    Last edited by Alfred; 06-09-2020 at 11:01 AM.

So now there is the Rayshard Brooks case. Cop has been fired. What do you all think of this?

Though I'm not American, I feel like the US is going crazy atm, especially those in power, including governors, mayors and police chiefs. I think it's scandalous that the officer got fired.

1. You're driving drunk.
    2. You resist arrest.
    3. You punch an officer in the face while wrestling.
    4. You take his taser.
    5. You run away.
    6. You point/fire the taser at the officer.

What the hell do you think will happen ?? This is really setting me off. Especially the lack of guts among the elites to even stand for officers who are being threatened with possibly lethal force.

Indeed, a taser, if it hits your head, can certainly be lethal! The narrative that a taser is a non-lethal weapon is BS. Indeed, an officer will never hit your head with it, and in his hands it is indeed a non-lethal weapon. But in the hands of a violent and drunk arrestee, it certainly is a lethal weapon.

The same people who constantly decry police use of tasers as 'brutality' and pitch a fit when a suspect dies from being tased suddenly do a complete 180 when the suspect has a taser.

These publicized police shootings are justified the majority of the time. And when a killing is wrongfully committed, actually wrongful (i.e. George Floyd or Walter Scott), the officer is....GASP, held legally accountable.

Elites know police are an easy scapegoat and have their own private security so of course they don't care. It's one of many red herrings employed to maintain the narrative and distract people from the real issues.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information