ANALYSIS/OPINION:

I’ve written to my elected officials and put my suggestion in the newspapers but no one is stepping up to support my contention: There should be a federal law with an automatic death penalty for anyone who kills a law-enforcement officer, whether the officer was at the state, local or federal level.

No going to prison and getting ‘three hots and a cot.’ No excuses about the poor law-breaker and his lousy upbringing. No more politicians of any party clearing out our prisons because of whatever excuse they will come up with next to justify putting criminals back on the streets.

Cops are people. Some are good and some are bad. They bleed red blood like all human beings, no matter what color they are. This anarchy is just the beginning of a civil war in which civilians will use deadly force to protect themselves when there are no more police to protect them.

If you believe that law-enforcement personnel should have some type of deterrent to protect them. Please sign my petition, “Automatic death penalty law for killing a law enforcement officer,” at petitions.whitehouse.gov.

GREGORY J. TOPLIFF

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-cop-killers/