Death penalty is punishment for the wicked

Gary Ridgway, the Green River killer, murdered countless woman and was so afraid of the death penalty that he cut a deal to spare his life. By doing this he revealed all the information of who the victims were and the location of their remains. This at least gave some closure to their love ones however, it only worked out for the families because they lived in a death penalty state.

Ted Bundy was another monster who raped and murdered so many woman we probably will never know the true number. Bundy loved killing so much, when interviewed, he said if he were free, he’d continue killing. In fact, when he did escape from jail he killed while on the run. Thank goodness he’s no longer a threat to society because he’s dead.

Recently, 2 murderers were released from prison and now 2 more people are dead — one was an 8-year-old boy who was stabbed 100 times. What is true justice for a man who did this to a kid?

With all respect for the letter writer in Wednesday’s Times who opposes the death penalty, I strongly disagree with her views. In the Book of Romans, Chapter 13, the Bible explains that God puts our government in place to carry out punishment for the wicked. When the federal government carries out capital punishment, they are justified.

No normal person enjoys the stench of death, but there are so many evil people in this country who are willing to murder innocent men, woman and children. It’s just a total waste to house them when they are caught. Don’t forget, murders serving life get better health care than the general population. I understand there are different degrees of murder and there are a lot of different circumstances. Not all should die; however, there are true monsters like the examples mentioned in this letter who are better off dead than alive.

We can argue all the pros and cons of the death penalty and we can say it’s unjust for different races, but when there is no doubt and depending on how brutal and how many victims, some people must be executed. Even our God understands evil people must die and the story of Jericho is testament to that.

We all have our own opinions, but I never knew of anyone who was dead escaping from prison and killing again.

Chuck Musser, Midland

source: Letter to the Editor, The Times)