Thread: Smith Rivera Sentenced to 50 Years in 2020 FL Murders of Jodie and Matthew Rivera

Senior Member CnCP Legend

Smith Rivera Sentenced to 50 Years in 2020 FL Murders of Jodie and Matthew Rivera

Florida dad allegedly depressed from coronavirus kills wife and son, police say

By Joshua Rhett Miller
    New York Post

A Florida man who relatives reportedly suspect was depressed over the coronavirus pandemic fatally shot his wife and 21-year-old son, sheriff officials said.

Smith Rivera, 59, of Orlando, is facing two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted first-degree murder after confessing to a deputy in the early Sunday shooting, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

“I shot my wife,” Rivera said of his 57-year-old partner, Jodie, according to the report.

Rivera also allegedly admitted to investigators that he gunned down his 21-year-old son, Matthew, WESH reported. The father of three had been depressed due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, his sister told the station.

Rivera allegedly fired shots at a second son as well, but he managed to escape the family’s home unharmed, the station reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-d...-killed-police
    Last edited by Steven; 02-26-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Sentenced to two 25 year sentences for two counts of 2nd degree murder on 8/29/22

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/offenderSe...&TypeSearch=AI
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information