Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darius Nathaniel Sessoms Sentenced to LWOP in 2020 NC Murder of 5 year-old Cannon Hinnant

Darius Nathaniel Sessoms Sentenced to LWOP in 2020 NC Murder of 5 year-old Cannon Hinnant

5-year-old boy ‘executed’ when next-door neighbor allegedly shot him in the head in front of sisters

A suspect has been arrested in a horrific shooting incident in Wilson, North Carolina, that left a 5-year-old boy dead.

The suspected gunman, 25-year-old Darius Nathaniel Sessoms, lived right next door to the child’s family and eyewitnesses say he walked over and shot the boy, identified as Cannon Hinnant, point-blank in the head, WRAL reported.

Police do not know the motive behind the senseless act.

Sessoms fled the scene Sunday after killing the young boy, and was apprehended on Monday.

The parties were seen as friendly, with WRAL reporting that a neighbor said Sessoms joined the family Friday night for dinner and had been over earlier in the day Sunday.

“Later on, in the evening around 5:30, that neighbor tells us that the suspect came running across the lawn, came up to the little boy, who was on a bike, and shot him in the head,” reporter Sloane Heffernan said. “His two sisters looking on.”

“The question tonight: Why???” she added.

Adding to the anguish of the story, the deceased boy’s sisters are 7 and 8 years old.

Sessoms was taken into custody in nearby Goldsboro by members of the U.S. Marshals Service Carolinas Regional Fugitive Task Force, Goldsboro police and the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office, according to the NBC affiliate.

Charged with first-degree murder, he is now being held without bond in the Wilson County jail.

Family members started a GoFundMe campaign titled: “#JusticeForCannon.”

“Sunday, August 9, 2020 a sweet soul named Cannon Hinnant was taken from this world over a senseless act. A beautiful 5 year old baby boy riding his bicycle was shot by his neighbor point blank in Wilson NC. One minute he is enjoying his life, the next it all ends because he rode into his neighbors yard.”

The fund had collected nearly $5,600 as of this writing.

While the gut-wrenching story is getting little, if any national attention, social media was a whole other matter.

Here’s a sampling of responses from Twitter:

Matt Walsh
    @MattWalshBlog
    Say his name. 5 year old Cannon Hinnant was executed in cold blood while riding his bike. The accused killer is Darius Sessoms. He allegedly walked up to the boy and shot him dead in front of his sisters. Reverse the races and this is the only thing anyone talks about for a month

Erin Smith
    @smithe1130
    Replying to @MattWalshBlog
    We won’t see any riots or looting from this, will we? Disgusting.
    11:32 AM · Aug 11, 2020

Fluffy_Cat_GoldenViews
    @fishfrosting
    The man was at his families home. Invited for dinner and enjoyed an evening. He is their next door neighbor. He went home. Got a gun. Executed their only son in cold blood then drove off.

BRIX
    @Brixton1115
    The fact that powerful ppl and institutions never started world wide protests for this poor child tells you just how evil they all are.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08...sisters-958814
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Murder suspect makes virtual court appearance

Says he wants to hire his own attorney

A man accused in the Sunday shooting death of a 5-year-old made his first court appearance via a virtual hearing in Wilson County Tuesday morning.

Darius Nathaniel Sessoms, 25, faces a first-degree murder charge in the killing of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant.

Through a WebEX system on a laptop, Wilson County District Court Judge John Britt read Sessoms his rights as well as the charge he is facing. These types of virtual hearings have been occurring due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Britt and Sessoms, who is currently in the Wilson County Jail, were able to see each other through the system.

Britt told Sessoms he has a right to represent himself, hire a lawyer or he could ask for a court-appointed lawyer. Sessoms said he wanted to try to hire a lawyer.

Britt made sure Sessoms understood that hiring an attorney on a first-degree murder case is extremely expensive. Britt also was clear in asking Sessoms if he was certain he didn’t want a court-appointed attorney.

“No sir, I don’t,” Sessoms said via computer monitor.

Britt told Sessoms that if at any point he changes his mind about hiring an attorney, he can let someone at the jail know and can go back before the court about appointing a lawyer.

MONDAY’S ARREST

Authorities captured Sessoms Monday after he was found in a Goldsboro home, according to police. Sessoms is being held without bond.

Wilson police responded to a reported shooting at 5100 Archers Road at 5:33 p.m. Sunday and found the 5-year-old suffering from a gunshot wound.

Officers and Wilson County EMS medics performed emergency first aid, and Cannon was rushed to Wilson Medical Center. The little boy died from a gunshot injury, police said.

Police quickly circulated two surveillance images of the car Sessoms was last seen driving — a black 2019 Toyota Corolla with a missing front bumper following the child’s death. It wasn’t immediately clear whether Sessoms was found with the car on Monday.

Sessoms was convicted of felony larceny of firearms in Wilson County in March 2016, misdemeanor maintaining a place for a controlled substance in Wake County in April 2016 and felony marijuana possession in Nash County in November 2016, according to N.C. Department of Public Safety records. His probation was revoked twice in 2017, resulting in separate three-month stints in prison.

Court records show Sessoms has two pending counts of felony maintaining a vehicle, dwelling or place for a controlled substance in Wilson County.

https://wakeweekly.com/stories/murde...earance,214340

Edited

Sessoms Has a History of Drug Arrests and Convictions but Looks to Have Grown Up in a Devout Christian Home

A background search on Sessoms shows that his Facebook profile has been removed, but he went by Darius “Trill” Sessoms. On his mother’s Facebook page she has a screen shot from four years ago in which Sessoms shared a post that said, “My mom raised me right but I did wrong on my own 100 [%].” There are also photos of him being baptized in 2016 in which she writes, “One day at a time sweet Jesus!!! That’s all I’m asking of you!!! Allelujah.”

From as much as you can glean from a Facebook page, Sessoms looks to have grown up in a very devout Christian family with a brother and a mom and dad who are still married. Other photos include Sessoms graduating from high school, baby photos, and one where he is reading to elementary students in his former teacher’s class. On his 20th Birthday, his mother posted, “Thanking God for 20 years ago. He sent us a 9 lb. 2 oz. baby boy that we named Darius. Who has grown into a 6ft 4in handsome young man!”

Sessoms has had some convictions in the past, according to the Wilson Times, including one for larceny of firearms in Wilson County in March 2016. Another was a misdemeanor charge of maintaining a place for a controlled substance in Wake County in April 2016. He also had a felony marijuana possession in Nash County in November 2016. Twice broke probation in 2017 and had to serve two different three- month jail sentences. Sessoms also has two pending counts of felony maintaining a vehicle, dwelling or place for a controlled substance in Wilson County.

Heavy has reached out to the Wilson Police Department and to the U.S. Marshall Service for the arrest report and any other information about the senseless shooting and is awaiting a reply.

According to CBS 17 the Wilson Police Department issued a statement that said, “The Wilson Police Department sends its sincerest condolences and prayers to the family of Cannon during this tragic time.”

Cannon’s Mother Says on Facebook That Sessoms Knew Cannon & Knew How Sweet he Was

Cannon’s mother’s Facebook page is filled with posts from the distraught mother, who insists she’ll get justice for her murdered son. Bonny Waddell says that Sessoms knew her children saying in one post, “ask the SOB who took my baby, he knew my child and just how sweet and innocent hand loving he was too!”

According to Waddell’s friend who wrote a long post about what happened and tagged Waddell, people are wrongly defending Sessoms. Heather Morgan wrote:
    So just to speak on a few of the things I have seen: 1-An accident is just that an accident. In no way shape or form was this an accident! If he was aiming at someone else then still no accident! You live in a mobile home park with other houses only footsteps away from yours, you know good and well there are children playing in this neighborhood all day everyday!! 2- He was out of his mind on drugs …. but, yet coherent enough to drive away before police arrived. That’s a complete b****** excuse and in no way shape or form should ever be used to justify what happened. 3- He was depressed, so if you knew he was depressed and can actually say he was depressed enough to do something like this then shame on you for not getting him the help he needed before now.

Because Sessoms is Black and Cannon was white, various social media posts are bringing that fact into the equation, but Morgan says Waddell has had an outpouring of love and support from people from different “races, places and religions.”

She wrote:
    There is no debating when it comes to this family lives have been completely shattered bc of the selfish acts of this grown a** man. Yes we are angry. Yes we have more hate in our hearts than anyone should ever have. No it is not bc of his race in any way shape or form!!! He could be the whitest white man in the world and we would still feel the same!! No mother should have their baby taken from them like this, no sister should have to ever witness what Cannon’s did, no one and I mean no one should have to feel the feelings that this family is feeling, not even the ones that want to step out and make reasons/ excuses whatever you may call it!! And I pray you never know the pain Darrius Sessoms caused on Sunday.

If you want to help Cannon’s family the Go-Fund-Me page says “We are asking for your donations to assist with anything that may be needed for expenses related to his services. We offer our sincerest appreciation in this extremely difficult time. #justice for Cannon

https://heavy.com/news/2020/08/man-a...ng-5-year-old/

Odd, isn't it, how little attention this is garnering. No Walmarts will be pillaged, no buildings burned over this barbaric and senseless killing. If only the reason for lack of attention was discernable....
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Odd, isn't it, how little attention this is garnering. No Walmarts will be pillaged, no buildings burned over this barbaric and senseless killing. If only the reason for lack of attention was discernable....
    Of course not. Its a 25 year old black guy that killed a 5 year old white boy. Not the other way around.

SAY HIS NAME Cannon Hinnant.
    This a priority thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    If only the reason for lack of attention was discernable....
    HE EXECUTED 5 year-old with a shot to the FACE.

I don't believe that Cannon was murdered just because he rode his bike on this guys lawn.

Maybe he was angry at the father who he was with right before this murder.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

I don’t know about you guys, but seeing all these blm supporters celebrating Cannon’s murder is making me want to cross the line. I know we’re not supposed to get political but I just needed to say that
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

There's a difference between 1) wanting to ameliorate social injustices and inequities, and to have a dialogue about the ghosts of this nation's past and 2) cultural Marxism; BLM is firmly entrenched within the spectrum of the latter.

The former is all well and good but we cannot tolerate the latter.

I wouldn't expect anything less repugnant at this point, assuming they have actually celebrated this. This will get no attention, because the media and academia want to perpetuate a certain narrative/agenda at all costs - even if it means the obfuscation of truth.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information