Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eugene Alvin Broxton - Texas Death Row

Eugene Alvin Broxton - Texas Death Row

Eugene Broxton

Photo update of Eugene Broxton

Summary of Offense:

Eugene Broxton was convicted of the May 1991 robbery and murder of Sheila Dockens of Louisiana. Dockens and her husband, Waylon Dockens, were inside a Channelview motel room when Broxton gained entrance by pretending to be with the motel's management. Broxton pistol-whipped the couple, bound Dockens' hands and feet and shot her in the chest. Waylon Dockens, a Brown and Root worker, survived a shot to the head and later identified Broxton as the assailant. Broxton was charged with capital murder in four other cases that occurred in April and May 1991.

Broxton was sentenced to death in Harris County in September 1992.

On January 24, 2011, Broxton filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/tex...v00315/860797/

EUGENE ALVIN BROXTON NO. WR-42,781-03

In today's orders, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals DENIED Broxton's petition for habeas relief.

This is memorial site for one of his victims Larry Wayne Smith, who was murdered sometime in 1991.

http://www.murdervictims.com/voices/Larry_Smith.htm
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Junior Member Stranger
    In loving memory of my husband, Larry Wayne Smith, murdered sometime between 4/9 and 4/11, 1991.

EA Broxton has been on death row nearly 24 years. He has had two trials, two death sentences, and over two decades of life past what he allowed my husband.

I have lost one child in the interim. He never got over his father's death.

My remaining child and I continue to wait...and wait...and wait...for Texas to make sure Broxton has every advantage, every loophole, every chance under the sun to appeal the two verdicts before he is executed and justice is finally served.

Damn I wish my husband had been a cop. Broxton would have been dead by the end of the year.

I am damned tired of waiting. I'll be 68 this year and the son of a bitch will probably outlive me.

Diane Smith

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    Diane,
    i 'm very sorry for your loss, and you're right, justice should never take this long. It makes you wonder how a majority of DR inmates are executed with a 9-12 year period, how a dr inmate has been able to avoid his execution for 24 years....

richard johnson
    What a story. Thank you for sharing.

Senior Member Member nmiller855's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing that, Diane. I can only imagine the pain you have been through all these years. You are right, we give them way too many opportunities when they gave our loved ones none. I hope he gets his sentence carried out this time so you can at least close that chapter & you can carry on to the next.

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    Diane I am so sorry that for the past 24 years you and your remaining child have had to live with all this. This person has caused you so much pain and loss I can only hope and pray that in the very near future his date will be set. I truly hope that justice prevails for you and your family.

Junior Member Stranger
    Thank you, Trudie. I appreciate you writing. Yearning for justice is in the back of my mind each day and has been for nearly a quarter century. Meanwhile my taxes (part, anyway) go to clothe, house and feed this man who turned my life upside down.

Knowing I have people like you who commiserate and are so supportive help me so much!

Hugs
    Diane

Thank you, nmillwe855. I appreciate you writing. People like you help me get through each day. I have jury duty this week and like always, I'll go in but they never pick me when they learn how the justice system has treated our case. I wish they'd let me alone.

Hugs
    Diane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information