Thread: Shawn Allen Sentenced to Life with the Chance of Parole after 63 Years in 2020 OH Double Murder

Shawn Allen Sentenced to Life with the Chance of Parole after 63 Years in 2020 OH Double Murder

Horace Lee and his daughter Azeria Tucker

Man accused of murdering Akron father and daughter now faces the death penalty if convicted

By Julia Tullos
    WOIO News

AKRON, Ohio (WOIO) - The Canton man accused of killing a 43-year-old Akron dad and his 22-month-old daughter now faces the death penalty if convicted.

Shawn Allen, 36, is charged with aggravated murder, murder, failure to stop, tampering with evidence and gross abuse of a corpse for the July 12 murders.

Akron police said Horace Lee was pusing Azeria Tucker in a stroller on the sidewalk in the 400 block of Crouse Street when Allen ran them over with his Cadillac Escalade.

Allen surrendered to police on July 18.

“From the onset of this senseless tragedy, detectives were in tireless pursuit of the suspect or suspects responsible for this crime. Detectives worked endless hours, which included intelligence gathering, reviewing surveillance footage, and conducting interviews,” said Akron police.

Detectives said Lee and Allen may have been involved in a fight at Euro Gyro on E. Exchange Street moments before the murders.

Allen will be back in court on Dec. 3.

He is being held on a $5 million bond.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/10/...-if-convicted/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Jury selection begins for man accused of murdering Akron father and daughter

By Julie Bingel
    WOIO News

AKRON, Ohio (WOIO) - Jury selection began Monday in the trial for the Canton man accused of killing a 43-year-old Akron dad and his 22-month-old daughter in July 2020.

Summit County Court of Common Pleas Judge Susan Baker Ross is presiding over Shawn Allen’s trial.

Akron police said Horace Lee was pushing Azeria Tucker in a stroller on the sidewalk in the 400 block of Crouse Street when Allen ran them over with his Cadillac Escalade on July 12, 2020.

Allen surrendered to police on July 18, 2020.

“From the onset of this senseless tragedy, detectives were in tireless pursuit of the suspect or suspects responsible for this crime. Detectives worked endless hours, which included intelligence gathering, reviewing surveillance footage, and conducting interviews,” said Akron police.

Detectives said Lee and Allen may have been involved in a fight at Euro Gyro on E. Exchange Street moments before the murders.

Allen faces the death penalty if convicted.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/10/...f-convicted-2/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Jury deliberating in trial for man accused of murdering Akron father and daughter

By Julie Bingel
    WOIO News

AKRON, Ohio (WOIO) - The jury began deliberating Wednesday afternoon in the trial for the Canton man accused of killing a 43-year-old Akron dad and his 22-month-old daughter in July 2020.

Summit County Court of Common Pleas Judge Susan Baker Ross is presiding over Shawn Allen’s trial.

Akron police said Horace Lee was pushing Azeria Tucker in a stroller on the sidewalk in the 400 block of Crouse Street when Allen ran them over with his Cadillac Escalade on July 12, 2020.

Allen faces the death penalty if convicted.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/10/...f-convicted-3/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Jury finds man guilty of killing Akron father and daughter

By Julie Bingel
    WOIO News

AKRON, Ohio (WOIO) - The jury in the trial for the Canton man accused of killing a 43-year-old Akron dad and his 22-month-old daughter in July 2020 found him guilty Thursday afternoon in Summit County Common Pleas Court.

The jury in the Shawn Allen trial began deliberating Wednesday afternoon.

Allen was found guilty of aggravated murder, murder and tampering with evidence. He was found not guilty of gross abuse of a corpse.

Detectives said Lee and Allen were involved in a fight at Euro Gyro on E. Exchange Street moments before the murders.

Allen faces the death penalty and that part of the trial will begin on June 13 in front of Judge Susan Baker Ross.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/10/...m_content=woio

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Canton man will avoid death penalty in 2020 killings of Akron father, daughter

A jury recommended Shawn Allen serve two life sentences with parole eligibility after 30 years. He was convicted last month of killing Horace Lee and Azeria Tucker

By Tyler Carey
    WKYC News

AKRON, Ohio — A 37-year-old Canton man convicted of killing a father and his young daughter nearly two years ago will not face the death penalty for his crimes.

A Summit County jury on Thursday recommended Shawn Allen be sentenced to two life sentences with the possibility of parole after 30 years. Allen was found guilty last month of aggravated murder in the deaths of 43-year-old Horace Lee and 21-month-old Azeria Tucker.

Back in July of 2020, prosecutors say Allen got into an altercation with Lee outside an East Exchange Street restaurant while Lee was pushing young Azeria in a stroller. Lee attempted to run away with his daughter, but Allen chased them in his SUV and eventually ran both over on purpose a few blocks away on a Course Street sidewalk.

Allen turned himself into police hours later, and has been held at the Stark County Jail up until his May 2022 trial. Following his conviction, the jury reconvened for the penalty phase this week, and eventually issued its recommendation after roughly three days of deliberations.

Summit County Common Pleas Judge Susan Baker Ross will hand down Allen's final sentence some time in the next two months. Under Ohio law, a judge cannot issue a death sentence unless a jury unanimously recommends it.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/cr...4-795c2f1f0ee0

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    Murders an infant and 12 people agree that he should have a chance to walk free one day. I dont like it here anymore

Probably wasn’t all 12. It was probably just one person which is why the whole unanimous recommendation crap needs to be abolished
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Man who killed Akron father, 22-month-old daughter sentenced to life in prison

Shawn Allen eligible for parole after 63 years

By Drew Scofield
    News 5 Cleveland

AKRON, Ohio — Shawn Allen, 37, of Canton, was sentenced today for the murders of Horace Lee, 43, of Akron, and Lee's 22-month-old daughter.

Allen was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences plus three years. He will be eligible for parole after 63 years. A jury had recommended the sentencing earlier this month.

Allen was found guilty of three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of murder and tampering with evidence on May 26.

He was on trial for the deaths of Lee and his daughter.

The father and daughter were killed on July 12, 2020, on Crouse Street in Akron.

According to authorities, Lee was pushing his child in a stroller on a sidewalk when they were both hit by Allen's vehicle.

Allen targeted Lee after an “altercation” outside of a nearby bar and intentionally ran Lee and his daughter over with his Cadillac Escalade, authorities said.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...life-in-prison

Thread Information