Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2020 Elections

I really wish southern Jersey and the shore could join Pennsylvania that would definitely make Pennsylvania a red state no matter what. Counties like Sussex and Warren should transfer over to Pennsylvania as well.
    Last edited by Neil; 01-10-2021 at 07:34 PM.

20 years ago when i was unlucky enough to reside in NJ, S Jersey attempted to break off from N NJ and the state legislature will never let that happen.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

My dad remembers that one - he voted to secede.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

It’s feels so weird being on this site now that Trumps out of office. There were legitimate criticisms of the man. I myself complained about him a fair bit on the site. At the end of the day I sent in my ballot for him knowing the alternative would be the most left wing president we’ve seen by far. In my eyes he will always be miles ahead of Joe Biden.

With him gone what little energy capital punishment had is lost. Yes with the appointment of his three justices it slowed the expatriation date for it to a degree but since he was denied a second term it didn’t help as much it could have.

In Trumps second term we would’ve seen him steamroll Terre Haute. We also could’ve seen him reactivate military executions. Now, we’re at the mercy of Biden as he can order blanket commutations. Federal death row will not be able to overcome those commutations and it’ll be over for the federal system once Biden’s out of office.
    Last edited by Neil; 01-24-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Tell me about it. I have so many things to say on this, but I'll leave it at the most salient points.

One, what a lost opportunity this was. The time was right for such a movement, but it needed a competent leader. Trump abandoned the people who gave him the win and tried to pander to folks who will never vote Republican. MAGA ran as the amalgamation of social conservatism and economic centrism/liberalism that has continued to elude the system, then became the movement of tax cuts for the rich and drag queens. Out-libbing the libs to own the libs is not a winning strategy. Neither is saying "democrats are the real racists" ad nauseum. And, as the GOP fails to realize, politics is a war and not a debate. Exposing contradictions, fallacies and falsehoods aren't how you win. You win by crushing the opposition with executive might, deplatforming them, and debarring them from positions of eminence. The sooner the GOP collapses, the sooner we can rebuild from the ashes. Someone must take a hammer of political iconoclasm to the genteel marble statue.

Secondly, it feels like we've gone full circle back to 2015. Ubiquitous social justice programming, celebrities proselytizing to working Americans about white privilege from their gilded lecterns in the Ivory Tower, and continued efforts to create an androgynous society with folks such as that guy in PA just like with Bruce Jenner in 2015 - he won the Arthur Ashe courage award but Lauren Hill, who played basketball with terminal freaking cancer didn't. More outrageous malarkey like that will happen tenfold under the Sniffer-in-Chief. Feels bad man. Sure we fortified the seats of Scalia and Kennedy, and replaced Ginsburg, but nothing changed otherwise.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Who’s a dark horse candidate that can oust Kamala in 2024 that’s right wing on the social issues and left wing on economics? Tucker isn’t really the dark horse one and I feel he’s best where he’s at.

Junior Member Stranger
    DeSantis? He didn't screw up his state with nonsensical lockdown orders. Unlike Governors Cuomo, Murphy, Whitmer, he didn't condemn old people to a certain death. Florida was supposed to be like Italy in terms of deaths of the old. The biggest hurdle is the media, but I think he's more savvy.

Tucker is better off on the air. I don't think the aforementioned candidate exists right now. Hawley might be the closest.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    Who’s a dark horse candidate that can oust Kamala in 2024 that’s right wing on the social issues and left wing on economics? Tucker isn’t really the dark horse one and I feel he’s best where he’s at.
    I think we may see the emergence and minting of this candidate after all - the time is so ripe now. The GameStop hedge fund incident is the white pill of the century. Now, we watch as Congress immediately passes relief for the Wall Street ghouls on an overwhelming bipartisan vote as regular Americans continue to languish and starve. Economic rage will reach new heights. Meanwhile, cultural outrage will grow as dems push amnesty and the rest of the woke social agenda. With luck, the two will snowball and merge. Then the aforementioned dark horse can harness both and ride the wave of social and economic anxiety and anger to power. Ideally, someone in a poor deeply conservative state such as OK, AL, WV, or KY would use this to gain a Senate or gubernatorial seat, establish themselves as a national figure, and then mount a bid for the White House.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information