Thread: Jeremy Rashaud Harris Sentenced to LWOP in 2020 TX Multiple Slayings

Jeremy Rashaud Harris Sentenced to LWOP in 2020 TX Multiple Slayings

Suspect Jeremy Harris and victims from top left, Kenneth Hamilton, Robin Urrea, Adam Gautreau and Blair Carter

Suspect Jeremy Harris, Described As Alleged ‘Serial Killer’ By Police, Accused In 3 Dallas Murders Including SMU Student Jaden Urrea

CBS News

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man who police have described as an alleged “serial killer” is accused of four murders in North Texas, including the death of Southern Methodist University (SMU) student Jaden Urrea.

Jeremy Harris, 31, has been linked to at least four deaths — three in Dallas and one in Celina — after his arrest earlier this week. He was taken into custody after police found a victim, 60-year-old Blair Carter, dead inside a burning home in Celina on Wednesday.

Now, Harris has been charged with three other murders in Dallas, which police described as random killings.

Police said Urrea, 19, was found lying on a street with a gunshot wound at the intersection of South Harwood Street and Jackson Street at around 3 a.m. on Oct. 31. He was pronounced dead at the scene by Dallas Fire-Rescue.

Urrea’s family said the 19-year-old had been at a Halloween party and was walking from the venue when the incident happened.
    The other two murders happened on Nov. 14 within 30 minutes of each other, police said. Those victims were identified as 57-year-old Kenneth Jerome Hamilton and 36-year-old Adam Gautreau.

Hamilton’s death happened just after 9 p.m. near South Beckley Avenue and Clarendon Drive, while Gautreau’s happened about 30 minutes before at the intersection of Empire Central and N. Stemmons Freeway.

“In my opinion based on what we’ve seen so far, I believe that this is the definition of a serial killer. It’s random, there is no known association between victims and the complainant,” Dallas police Deputy Chief Reuben Ramirez said.

On Monday, Nov. 16, an apparent random driver was shot in East Dallas but survived. The next day, a man was shot in the arm in Prosper while he was in his truck near a grocery store. Harris was also connected to these violent crimes.

Denton police said Harris is also suspected in the “random shooting” of two 20-year-old women who were in a vehicle in the 2400 block of East University Drive on Nov. 17. Police said the two victims were driving when a vehicle pulled up beside them and began shooting into their vehicle. Both women were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities were able to link the cases with Harris’ black Chevy SUV and with evidence found in his apartment. He was taken into custody at his apartment in Ellis County.

Harris is currently in Collin County jail on a $3 million bond.

Collin County District Attorney Greg Willis released a statement on Harris’ arrest:

“My office has been working closely with numerous area law enforcement agencies since Wednesday’s murder in Celina and the subsequent arrest of Jeremy Rashad Harris for that crime. Harris is currently in the Collin County Jail on bonds totaling $3 million. We will continue to coordinate with all the involved agencies and jurisdictions to protect the public and see that justice is done. To respect the integrity of ongoing investigations, I will have no further comment at this time."

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/11/20/...t-jaden-urrea/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Celina Man Was Shot, Killed Before Home Intentionally Set on Fire: Court Documents

Affidavit shows Celina victim was shot multiple times, home intentionally set on fire

By Frank Heinz
    NBC5 Dallas-Fortworth

An arrest warrant affidavit obtained by NBC 5 on Monday reveals new details into the investigation of a man described by Dallas police as a "serial killer" who police have charged with fatally shooting at least four people within the last month.

On Nov. 20, Dallas police said 31-year-old Jeremy Rashaud Harris, of Red Oak, was suspected of killing the father of his ex-girlfriend in Celina and that he'd been linked to the deaths of three other men in the preceding days and weeks.

The Celina man, identified as 60-year-old Blair Carter, was found in the living room of his burned home on Anvil Court on Nov. 18.

According to investigators cited in the warrant, Carter had been shot multiple times and security footage obtained from his mobile phone showed Harris trying to enter the home's back door at 11:05 a.m.

The affidavit said Celina police were called to the home at 11:08 a.m. after construction workers in the area reported seeing smoke coming from the home and hearing several loud bangs that they said sounded like gunshots.

Investigators said a consensual search of Harris' residence turned up clothing matching what was seen in the security video, .9mm ammunition, recent firearm receipts and an empty Ruger handgun box. Police also said containers that smelled like gasoline were recovered from Harris' trash.

The warrant said Harris was then arrested without incident and that during an interview with police he denied his involvement and requested a lawyer.

Harris is currently being held in the Collin County Jail on four $1 million bonds, one for each of the murder charges against him which include: 60-year-old Blair Carter, the Nov. 14 murder of 36-year-old Adam Gautreau, the Nov. 14 murder of 57-year-old Kenneth Hamilton and the Halloween murder of 19-year-old SMU student Rober Urrea. Harris has also been implicated in three other non-fatal shootings in Denton, Frisco and Prosper on Nov. 17.

The Celina Fire Marshall is investigating the house fire and it was noted in the affidavit that there were signs the fire had been intentionally set. As of this writing, it does not appear that Harris has been charged in that case.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ce...ments/2492565/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    North Texas killing-spree suspect indicted on 3 more murder charges

Jeremy Rashaud Harris is accused in a shooting spree across the metroplex that left 4 dead and injured others.

A Dallas County grand jury indicted a suspected serial killer this week on 3 charges of murder.

Jeremy Rashaud Harris, 31, of Red Oak drove around the metroplex on a random shooting spree that started Oct. 31 and ended with his arrest on Nov. 20, police and prosecutors allege.

Robert “Jaden” Urrea, 19, Adam Gautreau, 36, and Kenneth Hamilton, 57, were killed in the spree, Dallas police said. Police have said the men were randomly targeted.

Harris is jailed in Collin County, where he is charged with capital murder in the shooting death of his former girlfriend’s father, 60-year-old Blair Carter. Harris’ bail totals $4 million.

Celina police said Harris shot Carter in his home, then set the house on fire.

Jeremy Harris, 31, was arrested Thursday night in connection to a murder of a 60-year-old Celina man. Dallas police charged him on Friday with 2 additional counts of murder.

Police wrote in an arrest-warrant affidavit that security-camera video showed Harris trying to get into the home minutes before authorities were called. Harris’ black Chevrolet SUV was also recorded on surveillance video in that area around the time of the slaying, police said.

But his court-appointed defense attorney in Collin County, Steven Miears, said that evidence hasn’t been handed over. Harris disputes that he killed Carter, Miears said.

In Texas, capital murder carries only two punishment options: the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Harris’ court-appointed attorney in Dallas County, Kenneth Weatherspoon, could not immediately be reached for comment.

Harris was also indicted on charges of aggravated assault in Dallas County.

(source: Dallas Morning News)

Harris has a plea agreement hearing set for November 14

https://apps2.collincountytx.gov/Jud...Jeremy%7C1%7C1
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Serial killers should not be getting plea deals.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

I agree. Makes me wish Texas still had the Serial Killer Statute that they used to have

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

North Texas man who killed 4 during string of Dallas, Collin county shootings gets life

Jeremy Rashaud Harris, 34, pleaded guilty to one count of capital murder, three counts of murder and two counts of aggravated assault in Dallas and Collin counties

By Sasha Richie
    Dallas Morning News

A man will spend his life in prison without parole for the killing spree that began Oct. 31, 2020 in Dallas and concluded with the Nov. 18, 2020 slaying of Blair Carter in Celina.

Jeremy Rashaud Harris, 34, faced three counts of murder in Dallas County for the drive-by shootings of 19-year-old Robert “Jaden” Urrea, 36-year-old Adam Gautreau and 57-year-old Kenneth Hamilton, and two counts of aggravated assault. In Collin County, Harris faced one count of capital murder for the final killing, in which Harris shot the father of his ex-girlfriend, Amber Carter, in the Carters’ home then set fire to the house.

Harris had previously served time for charges related to the abuse of Amber Carter, with whom he shares two children.

The Dallas County hearing, conducted via Zoom by Judge Ernest White, went first. Harris pled guilty to all counts of murder, for which he was sentenced life in prison, and both counts of aggravated assault, for which he was sentenced 20 years, to be served concurrently with his life sentence.

Judge Angela Tucker presided over the Collin County hearing, in which Harris pled guilty to one count of capital murder. The death penalty was waived as part of the plea agreement, and Harris was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
    Harris was represented by Kenneth Weatherspoon in Dallas County and Steven Miears in Collin County.

Following the sentencing, the court heard nine victim impact statements, including the families of all the deceased and four victims who were shot.

“This is one of the last things I can do for my son, my precious son,” said Urrea’s mother, who opened the statements.

Patricia Urrea described flying to Dallas for her son, a second-year student at Southern Methodist University, the same morning he was shot while waiting for an Uber after a Halloween party. As soon as she deplaned, she received a call from Urrea’s father, telling her what happened, and she “fell to [her] knees in shock in the middle of the airport.”

Urrea, who was diagnosed with cancer this year, said she believed the stress and grief from her son’s death caused the depletion of her immune system and her subsequent diagnosis. She said her son was a singer, loved animals and was excited to be a dad.

“He would have been a great dad, but I’ll never see that. ... You decided that you were going to cut [his years] short,” she said. “Life without parole is an even greater punishment than death, and you deserve every moment of it.”

She also questioned the senselessness of Harris’ killings, a sentiment echoed in many of the impact statements.

“I have to live every day thinking my husband was killed for nothing,” said Joyce Hamilton, the wife of Kenneth Hamilton. “How could a human kill another human like that, like a dog in the street?”

Joyce Hamilton described the paranoia she feels when people pull up next to her after her husband was killed waiting at a red light.

“I cried the whole year after you killed my husband and I’m still crying,” Joyce Hamilton said. “But God will deal with you. I don’t have to worry about it. God will deal with you.”

Letters from Kenneth Hamilton’s mother and brother were read by other family members, who described him as a good, much-loved person who took attentive care of his brother after his brother had a stroke.

Amber Carter took the stand last to speak about her father. She recounted her and Harris’ relationship and how, because of her own “strong relationship” with her dad, she desired the same for her children. Now they will never know their father or their grandfather, she said.

She described seven years of “heartache and fear by the hands of Jeremy Harris” leading up to moving in with her dad just two months before he was ultimately killed. She said she thought she was finally safe and cherished “living with the one person [she] trusted most.”

She said she continually questioned how Blair Carter, 60, died: How did he feel? What did he see? Did he cry for help?

“I’ve countlessly relived the possible scenarios, while walking through the charred aftermath of where my dad took his last breath,” she said.

“Did you ever stop to think how this would affect your children, when they got off of school that day and had no home to return to and no grandpa to greet them with open arms?” Carter said. “Do you ever try to imagine how confused they were when they had a policeman pick them up from school that day and bring them to the police station, or how quickly they burst into tears once we explained to them why we can never go back home?”

She questioned what might have happened had she and her kids been home when Harris broke in, and questioned how someone she “was so in love with once upon a time, someone who has proclaimed for so many years his love” for her could do that to his own family.

Carter closed the hearing by saying she and her family could now find peace knowing Harris would never be able to hurt someone again.

“My dad always said that evil never wins in the end,” she said. “And if he were here today, he would look Jeremy straight in the eyes and say, ‘No matter how much harm you’ve caused me and my family, you still didn’t win and you never will.’”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...ngs-gets-life/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

It aggravates me when they say LWOP is a worse punishment than the death penalty

Serving LWOP gives him access to a job, recreation, socializing and more privileges

While the Death Penalty is solitary confinement most of the time with north but a bed and toilet in the cell

They can screw off with that nonsensical crap

Thread Information