Thread: Kristopher Allen Fate Wilson Sentenced to 60 Years in Prison in 2020 TX Murder of Chase Pouriet

Kristopher Allen Fate Wilson Sentenced to 60 Years in Prison in 2020 TX Murder of Chase Pouriet

E6918EFA-2675-4ADA-B739-C0CA59B0E175.jpg
    Kristopher Wilson and Brandon Parkman

December 30, 2020
    Two Arrests with Capital Murder Charges in South Bowie County Sunday Night Homicide

Bowie County Sherriff's have now made two arrests in the Sunday night homicide of Chase Aaron Poriet in Southern Bowie County.

Sherriff's were called around 7:45 PM Sunday night to a house in the 100 block of Forrest Circle where they found Chase Aaron Poriet, 27, with a fatal gunshot wound.

Two arrests and Capital Murder charges have been filed on those suspects in the case, Kristopher Allen Fate Wilson was arrested Monday by Cass County Officers, and now Brandon L Parkman, Jr, 18, has been taken into custody as well, turned in Wednesday morning by his mother.

https://kkyr.com/two-arrests-with-ca...micide-update/
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 03-03-2021 at 07:48 AM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Suspects indicted on capital murder in robbery slaying
    February 9, 2021

TEXARKANA, Texas — A Bowie County grand jury has indicted two men accused of killing a third during a drug-related robbery.
    Brandon "Bb" Lasuan Parkman, 18, and Kristopher "Flip" Fate Wilson, 25, allegedly killed Chase Porier in late December so they could steal THC cartridges, known on the street as "carts," which Porier was allegedly selling.

Both men are currently being held in the Bowie County jail with bails set at $1 million.
    A grand jury indicted both last week on capital murder and first-degree murder charges Capital murder is punishable by life without parole or death by lethal injection. First-degree murder is punishable by five to 99 years or life in prison.
    A jury may be tasked with deciding which crime, if any, the men should be convicted of committing.
    According to a probable cause affidavit, a witness to the shooting Dec. 27, 2020, told deputies that two men entered the home in the 100 block of Forest Circle to conduct a drug transaction with Porier.
    After Porier was shot in the neck, the two assailants allegedly took the witness' and Porier's cell phones as well as the THC cartridges Porier was selling.
    The witness was able to provide some information to investigators that allowed them to develop Wilson as a suspect. When investigators went to Wilson's home in Atlanta, Texas, they noticed a car matching the description of one seen at the crime scene.
    Wilson allegedly admitted to going to Porier's residence that night armed with a handgun. THC cartridges matching the description of those taken from Porier's residence were allegedly found in Wilson's home.
    Parkman was developed as a suspect after Wilson's arrest. Both cases are currently pending before 102nd District Judge Jeff Addison.

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...laying/859540/
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 02-11-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Capital murder defendants receive court appointed lawyers
    February 3, 2021

Two young men accused of killing a man so they could steal drugs from him were appointed lawyers Tuesday by a Bowie County judge.

Brandon Lasuan Parkman, 18, and Kristopher “Flip” Allen Fate Wilson, 25, are charged with capital murder in the Dec. 27 shooting death of Chase Porier. Bowie County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to a residence on Forest Circle at about 7:45 p.m.

Porier, 27, died of a gunshot wound to the neck, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Investigators identified Wilson as a suspect first and interviewed him at his residence in Atlanta, Texas. Wilson allegedly allowed a search of his home where a handgun and THC cartridges matching ones stolen from Porier were found.

Parkman was identified as a suspect after Wilson’s arrest. He turned himself in Dec. 30.

Both men appeared Tuesday before 102nd District Judge Jeff Addison. Addison appointed the Bowie County Public Defender’s Office to represent Parkman and Texarkana attorney Derric McFarland to represent Wilson.

Assistant District Attorney Randle Smolarz asked the court to refer the cases to the Bowie County grand jury.

If found guilty of capital murder Parkman and Wilson face life without parole or death by lethal injection. Both men are being held in the Bowie County jail. Bail is set at $1 million each.

https://txktoday.com/crime/capital-m...inted-lawyers/
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 02-11-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Two men enter pleas of not guilty to capital murder

State not seeking death penalty

TEXARKANA, Texas — Two men accused of killing a third in the course of a robbery entered pleas of not guilty to capital murder at separate hearings Tuesday in Bowie County district court.
    Brandon "Bb" Lasuan Parkman, 18, and Kristopher "Flip" Fate Wilson, 25, allegedly killed Chase Porier so they could steal THC cartridges, known on the street as "carts," which Porier was allegedly selling.
    Both men were indicted last month for capital murder and first-degree felony murder by a Bowie County grand jury. Any jury seated to decide the cases may have the option of convicting of one or the other charge or acquittal should they find the evidence does not support a conviction.

Bowie County District Attorney Jerry Rochelle said his office is not seeking the death penalty for either man should they be convicted of capital murder. If found guilty of capital murder, Wilson and Parkman face life without parole. If convicted of first-degree felony murder the men face five to 99 years or life in prison with parole possible.
    Wilson entered a not guilty plea Tuesday morning with the help of Texarkana lawyer Derric McFarland at a hearing before 102nd District Judge Jeff Addison. Parkman appeared with Assistant Public Defender Deborah Moore and entered a not guilty plea as well.
    Addison scheduled both men to return to court April 6 for pretrial hearings.
    According to a probable cause affidavit, a witness to the shooting Dec. 27 told deputies that two men entered the home in the 100 block of Forest Circle to conduct a drug transaction with Porier. After Porier was shot in the neck, the two assailants allegedly took the witness' and Porier's cell phones as well as the THC cartridges Porier was selling.
    The witness was able to provide some information to investigators that allowed them to develop Wilson as a suspect. When investigators went to Wilson's home in Atlanta, Texas, they noticed a car matching the description of one seen at the crime scene.
    Wilson allegedly admitted to going to Porier's residence that night armed with a handgun. THC cartridges matching the description of those taken from Porier's residence were allegedly found in Wilson's home.
    Parkman was developed as a suspect after Wilson's arrest. He turned himself in to authorities in Cass County and is now being held in the Bowie County jail.
    Bail for both defendants is set at $1 million.

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...enalty/862080/

Capital murder trial of 'Flip' Wilson continues today in New Boston with defense putting on its witnesses

by Lynn LaRowe

NEW BOSTON, Texas -- The state rested its case Wednesday afternoon in the capital murder trial of a man accused of killing another while robbing him of THC vaping cartridges.

Kristopher "Flip" Wilson, 26, is one of two men charged in the Dec. 27, 2020, death of Chase Porier. Porier, 27, was shot in the neck and died of his wound in his home on Forest Circle in the Liberty Eylau area of Bowie County before first responders could arrive. Wilson's co-defendant, Brandon "BB" Parkman, 19, is scheduled for trial in June.

Jurors heard Tuesday from an eyewitness who said Wilson was looking through a box of THC cartridges, known as "carts," when he turned, pulled a pistol and shot Porier. Dewayne Terry testified that Wilson and a second man took cartridges and his and Porier's cell phones before leaving in a small cobalt blue car with a black bumper that didn't match.

Terry testified that he and Porier were in the business of selling the cartridges from Porier's home. THC is the active substance found in marijuana.

Wednesday the jury heard from Dallas Medical Examiner Tracy Dyer M.D. Dyer testified under questioning by Assistant District Attorney Randle Smolarz that Porier was shot in the center of his neck and that the bullet traveled downward, severing a large artery. Dyer said Porier would have struggled to breathe in the last minutes of his life.

"If I thought it was accidental, I would have ruled it an accident," Dyer testified in response to questioning from Texarkana lawyer Derric McFarland regarding whether the shooting could have been unintentional.

Dyer said stippling around the wound on Porier's neck is indicative of a gun fired from a short distance away, such as three feet.

Bowie County Sheriff's Office Investigator Scott Sartor testified under questioning by Assistant District Attorney Bradley Akins that after developing Wilson as a suspect, he and McCarver went to a house in Cass County, Texas, thought to be occupied by a girlfriend of Wilson's. When the investigators arrived at the address, they saw a small blue car with a black bumper parked outside.

In the company of two Cass County Sheriff's Office deputies, Sartor and McCarver went to the front entrance. Wilson answered the door, holding a vaping pen in his hand, Sartor testified.

Sartor said Wilson gave officers consent to search the house and "volunteered that he had been there," referring to Porier's home at the time of the shooting.

THC cartridges allegedly like those taken from Porier's residence the night of the murder were found beneath a mattress. A bright pink handgun with an extended magazine was recovered from a dresser drawer.

"There was a dark-colored stain on the gun," Sartor testified.

Also collected were a pair of Wilson's boots and a coat matching a description given by the eyewitness.

Sartor and McCarver testified that Wilson claimed another man named "Trey" whom he had met in a park was the one who shot Porier. In a video clip of an interview with Wilson in Cass County the day after the shooting, Wilson admits he was present when the shooting occurred and admits to taking Terry's and Porier's cell phones.

In the video, Wilson claims he had money with him and intended to pay for vaping cartridges when "Trey" shot Porier. Investigator Chris Allison testified that in a third interview, Wilson admitted to throwing a cell phone out of his car window after the shooting. With an approximate location, Allison found a phone on the side of a highway in Cass County that belonged to Terry.

Under cross-examination, McCarver testified that Wilson did have cash on him at the time of his arrest the day after the shooting.

Two women who were friends with Wilson and Parkman testified that the two defendants came to a birthday gathering at a residence not far from Porier's the evening of the shooting but left for a short time. The women said Parkman, who they called "BB," "didn't look right," when he returned later.

Nathan Tunnel, a firearms examiner with the Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Lab in Tyler, Texas, testified that the bullet recovered from Porier's body was too deformed to make a determination regarding whether it was fired from the pink gun recovered from Wilson's home.

Amber Moss, a DNA analyst with the crime lab in Garland, Texas, testified that the stain observed on the pink gun by law enforcement was blood and that it "most likely" contained a mixture of Wilson's and Porier's DNA within a high degree of statistical probability.

Moss said a stain from Wilson's left boot also "most likely" was a mixture of Wilson's and Porier's DNA as was a stain collected from the coat taken from Wilson's home.

After the state rested its case Wednesday afternoon, 102nd District Judge Jeff Addison placed the jury in an evening recess with instructions to return to the Bowie County courthouse Thursday morning to begin hearing testimony from witnesses for the defense.

If convicted of capital murder, Wilson faces life without parole as the state is not seeking the death penalty.

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...son-continues/

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Man sentenced to 60 years in drug-related shooting

By Field Walsh
    TXKtoday.com

An Atlanta, Texas, man was sentenced to 60 years in prison Friday for the murder of a Bowie County man in December 2020.

Kristopher “Flip” Allen Fate Wilson, 26, was the triggerman in the Dec. 27, 2020, shooting of Chase Porier, 27, in Bowie County. Porier was selling THC cartridges from his home on Forest Circle in Bowie County.

Wilson had bought “carts” from Porier after being introduced to him by a friend, according to probable cause documents. A friend of Porier’s who was present at the time of the shooting identified Wilson as the shooter. A second man charged in the case, Brandon Parkman, 19, is scheduled for trial later this year.

According to the eyewitness, Wilson and an accomplice took THC cartridges, his cell phone and Porier’s cell phone after Wilson shot Porier once in the neck.

A blood spot found on a pink gun at Wilson’s home in Cass County, Texas, was a match for Porier’s DNA as were samples collected from Wilson’s jacket and a boot.

The jury in Wilson’s case had the option of convicting him of capital murder or first-degree felony murder. A capital murder conviction would have meant a sentence of life without parole for Wilson.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorneys Bradley Akins and Randle Smolarz. Texarkana attorney Derric McFarland represented Wilson. 102nd District Judge Jeff Addison presided over the trial.

https://txktoday.com/crime/man-sente...ated-shooting/

Thread Information