Thread: Leslie Curtis and Codie McCrory Sentenced to 50 Years in 2021 TX Murder of Delmor Best-Curtis

Leslie Curtis and Codie McCrory Sentenced to 50 Years in 2021 TX Murder of Delmor Best-Curtis

9C5069D2-B340-4B8E-948F-B35484790433.jpeg
    Leslie Curtis and Codie McCrory

Woman charged, along with boyfriend, in capital murder of her 8-year-old son

IRVING, TX (KTVT) -- Police in Irving, Texas have arrested and charged 30-year-old Leslie Curtis and her boyfriend, 29-year-old Codie McCrory, with capital murder in the death of Curtis’ son, 8-year-old Delmor Best-Curtis.

Police said on Friday, Jan. 8, around 5:30 p.m., officers responded to an unconscious person call at the Magnuson Hotel in the 100 block of W State Highway 183.

That’s where officers found found Delmor lying on the bed unresponsive, began CPR and quickly noticed numerous injuries to Delmor.

Irving Fire rushed Delmor to Children’s Hospital in Dallas, where he pronounced deceased.

The investigation is still in the early stages, but police said it revealed the couple had been violently abusing Delmor for at least ten days.

They have been in a relationship for less than one year.

Police said Curtis and her son moved into the Magnuson Hotel with McCrory in November 2020.

They also said Delmor was not attending school.

Anyone with more information on this case can contact the Irving Police Department at (972) 273-1010 (24hrs).

Tips may also be submitted to: ipdcrimetips@cityofirving.org

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kpt...2a37f.amp.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Couple Accused Of 'Violently' Abusing 8-Year-Old Boy Who Was Found Dead In Hotel Room With Burns, Bite Marks, And Broken Arm

A Texas couple has been accused of "violently abusing" an 8-year-old boy for a period of at least 10 days before he was discovered dead in a hotel room, having sustained burns, bite marks, swelling and a broken arm.

Codie McCrory, 28, and his girlfriend Leslie Curtis, 30, are now facing capital murder charges in the death of Curtis’ son, Delmor Best-Curtis, according to a statement from the Irving Police Department.

“The investigation is still in the early stages, but (it) revealed that Codie and Leslie had been violently abusing Delmor for at least [10] days,” police said.

Irving Police Officer Robert Reeves described the pair to KDFW as “evil people” who had inflicted unimaginable harm to the young boy.

“It’s pretty bad. From bite marks to burn marks to fingernail marks, you can tell he was choked before because there were fingernail marks around the neck,” Reeves said of the Delmor’s injuries. “Some of them are so graphic, it’s kind of disgusting to even talk about them.”

The boy also had “blood on his head, facial swelling and an obvious broken left arm,” as well as bruises, cuts, and burns “all over” is body, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by Oxygen.com.

Irving Police were called to the Magnuson Hotel around 5:30 p.m. Friday after receiving a call about an “unconscious person.”

Officers arrived at the hotel—where the boy had lived with his mother and her boyfriend since November—to find Delmor lying on the bed “unresponsive” and began to perform CPR, police said.

The 8-year-old was taken to the Children’s Hospital in Dallas, where he was pronounced dead. A medical examiner determined that Delmor had died from blunt force trauma, the affidavit stated.

While talking with investigators, McCrory allegedly told police that he had pushed the boy.

“The defendant admitted within the last 48 hours before the victim’s death he pushed the victim as punishment,” the affidavit said. “One of the pushes resulted in the victim hitting his head against the bottom rail of the bed causing him to bleed from the face. Another push from the defendant caused the victim to hit his head against the ground and he bled from his mouth.”

Curtis allegedly told police that her son’s abuse had gone on for about 10 days before his death. She allegedly admitted to breaking Delmor’s arm and causing several injuries to his head, the affidavit stated.

She also allegedly told investigators that McCrory would punch, slap and kick both her and her son and that he often bit both of them. She said he typically bit Delmor whenever he moved during a beating, police said.

When officers arrived at the hotel, they reported that Curtis had a “black right eye and significant bruising to the left side of her face” and “an injury to the back of her head,” according to the affidavit.

“Curtis had seen the defendant kick the victim on the head on more than one occasion,” the affidavit said.

Police said when she had left the hotel room, she said her son had been in the bed and was “talking and responsive.”

Police the boy had not been enrolled in school, making it easier for the abuse to go on undetected.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oxy...t-curtis%3famp

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Well this is a disgusting case. I hope Texas can send em both to the row.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Well Aaron it’s Dallas County, and considering Routier, both have a good chance of getting the death penalty

Leslie Curtis was sentenced to 50 years on April 21, 2022

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmate...n?sid=19026207

Codie McCrory was sentenced to 50 years on December 19, 2022

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmate...n?sid=50288370

Thread Information