Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tilon Lashon Carter - Texas Death Row

Can the Circus Clowns please lift this bogus stay already?

ARTICLE 11.071 APPLICATION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS DISMISSED WITH WRITTEN ORDER:

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=03/17/2021

Stay of execution is now lifted.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

God it took 4 years to deny this crap?! As if the fact that his 89 year old victim having a pacemaker, i.e. medical infirmity, somehow makes Carter less culpable for causing his victims death?! He caused the victims death during the commission of burglary/robbery which makes this felony murder/capital murder. Case closed.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

The stay has not been lifted. This is another separate habeas petition that Carter filed in 2019. The opinion states that the claims that were originally remanded to the trial court still remain pending.

Texas death row inmate should get new trial after false testimony by Tarrant County Medical Examiner, says judge

A man who was sentenced to death in a 2004 Fort Worth murder case should get a new trial because of false and misleading testimony by Tarrant County Medical Examiner Dr. Nizam Peerwani, a judge has ruled.

In a 51-page finding, Tarrant County District Court Judge Mollee Westfall said Peerwani made “false, inaccurate or misleading” statements in at least 10 crucial elements of the prosecution case.

The timing of the judge's ruling is remarkable because Peerwani recently placed his longtime former top deputy, Dr. Marc Krouse, on administrative leave after an audit of 40 death investigations last year found he made 59 mistakes. Krouse was barred from conducting autopsies in homicide cases in November.

The Dallas County District Attorney is investigating Krouse’s work after the Tarrant County District Attorney’s office recused itself.

Krouse is set to leave the medical examiner's office later this month.

The defendant in the death penalty case, Tilon Lashon Carter, was convicted in 2006 for the murder and home invasion robbery of 89-year-old James Tomlin after Peerwani offered key testimony during the trial.

Westfall focused largely on Peerwani’s testimony that the victim was suffocated, which Peerwani later acknowledged was just a possibility and may not have happened at all, according to the judge's finding.

Peerwani also failed to disclose that he found a pacemaker in Tomlin’s chest during his autopsy, which could have suggested he died of a cardiac issue instead of a respiratory one, the judge said.

The judge also said Peerwani confused the terms abrasion and contusion and gave faulty testimony about teeth marks on the victim's lips, concluding in the trial that the marks were evidence of suffocation, but admitting at a hearing later that that wasn't necessarily the case.

“There is at least a reasonable likelihood that the false testimony could have affected the judgment of the jury,” the judge said.

Westfall’s ruling that Carter should get a new trial is a recommendation to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, which will make the final decision.

Peerwani said it would be inappropriate for him to comment on the case since he may have to testify again in a second trial.

Carter’s attorney, Michael Ware, also declined to comment.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/de...judge/2598684/
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Today's Justice system everyone. Someone can die as a direct result of a home invasion and years later the thug can circumvent justice by crying it wasn't his fault.

What a joke. Texas better get this overturned by the TCCA.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

BRIEFS ORDERED ON FILE AND SET WRITS:

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=10/06/2021
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information