Thread: Lemond Lawrence Burns Charged With Capital Murder in 2021 AL Murder of Dallis Wolfe

Lemond Lawrence Burns Charged With Capital Murder in 2021 AL Murder of Dallis Wolfe

Man charged with Capital Murder following shooting at Huntsville Place Apartments

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Huntsville Police arrested and charged 21-year-old Lemond Lawerance Burns with Capital Murder in connection to the shooting on Century Street that killed an Alabama A&M student Monday.

Huntsville Police along with the U.S. Marshal Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force and Talladega Sheriff’s Department made the arrest in Vestavia Hills, Alabama. Burns was taken to the Madison County Jail.

The arrest is connected to the shooting death of 22-year-old Dallis Patrick Ryan Wolfe on January 18th, according to the report. Reports say Wolfe was a student at Alabama A&M.

Huntsville Police responded to a shooting at 4955 Century Street on January 18th.

HEMSI official Don Webster says their crews took a man to Huntsville Hospital Trauma Services in critical condition. He later died from his injuries.

Police say the shooting was the result of an ongoing dispute.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whnt.co...partments/amp/
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 06-22-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Inmate charged with assault in brutal attack on Alabama corrections officer

By Howard Koplowitz
    AL.com

A federal inmate housed in the Morgan County Jail who attacked a corrections officer Monday during meal time was charged Tuesday with assault, authorities said.

Lemond Lawerance Burns, 21, of Alpine, allegedly punched Morgan County Jail Corrections Officer Kathy Evans twice around 4:30 p.m., said Morgan County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Mike Swafford.

Evans suffered multiple injuries, including a concussion and contusions around her mouth and eye, which is swollen shut, Swafford said. The corrections officer also bruised her back, head and arms from hitting the ground after being punched.

She was distributing evening meals when Burns requested a smoke break. Evans told the inmate that he could get a smoke break once meal time was over.

That’s when Burns allegedly walked up to Evans and quickly punched her twice, knocking her to the ground.

The officer was taken to Decatur Morgan Hospital by ambulance.

“Our correction officers are unsung members of our team. They serve in a $13 an hour position, spending more time in jail than many of our inmates. This was a cold, unwarranted attack with no remorse,” Swafford said in a statement. “We hurt with Officer

Evans, who is a model officer, is active in her community and has a heart for serving. This event is a reminder of their true value to our community. "

Burns was charged with second-degree assault and given $50,000 bond. He is expected to face the assault charge after his state and federal cases finish, Swafford said.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...s-officer.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Man charged with capital murder pleads guilty to assaulting Morgan County Jail officer

by: Bobby Stilwell

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – A man has pleaded guilty to assaulting a Morgan County Jail officer in April.

Lemond Lawrence Burns, 22, pleaded guilty to assaulting a corrections officer with bodily injury as part of a plea deal.

Burns, a federal inmate, was charged with second-degree assault in April after the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office said he punched Officer Kathy Evans twice, knocking her to the ground.

Burns was in the jail after being charged with capital murder in connection with the shooting death of 22-year-old Alabama A&M Student Dallis Patrick Ryan Wolfe in January 2021.

Despite being a federal inmate, Morgan County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Mike Swafford said Burns was in the jail since federal agencies don’t have jails everywhere.

Swafford stated that once federal inmates are sentenced, they are moved to a federal prison.

Burns faces up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, along with up to three years of supervised release.

Burns will serve the assault sentence after all his other sentences.

Burns will be sentenced on January 6, 2022.

https://whnt.com/news/decatur/man-ch...-jail-officer/

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Accused killer gets additional 12 years for beating Morgan County jailer

An accused killer who pleaded guilty to severely beating a Morgan County jailer has been sentenced to an additional 12 and a half years.

Lemond Lawrence Burns, 22, pleaded guilty in October 2021 to the extra charge. He was an inmate in the Morgan County Jail when he was seen on security video punching a female jailer April 19, 2021.

According to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office at the time, Burns asked for a smoke break while the jailer was delivering meals. When she told him to wait, he responded by attacking her, causing a concussion, facial swelling and bruising, the sheriff's office said.

The judge noted Burns' lack of acceptance of responsibility, the brutality and severity of the attack and other behavior while in custody. The judge described Burns as pure evil and a continuous danger to the public.

As such, the judge went outside the recommended 20–27 months and sentenced to Burns to 150 months, consecutive to any other sentences he may receive as a result of the charges.

Burns was in the jail following arrests on a capital murder charge related to the shooting death of an Alabama A&M University student and federal charges related to a fraud scheme.

https://www.waaytv.com/news/accused-...f3ed0a2ef.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Preliminary hearing set for Huntsville murder suspect charged with killing Alabama A&M student

Kait Newsum

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — A preliminary hearing has been set in the murder trial against a man charged in connection to the shooting death of an Alabama A&M student in 2021.

Lemond Lawrence Burns is expected to appear in court on Tuesday, July 5 at 3 p.m. at the Madison County Courthouse, according to court documents.

Burns was charged with capital murder following a shooting on January 18, 2021, at the Huntsville Place Apartments. Officials arrived at the complex and found 22-year-old Dallis Patrick Ryan Wolfe in critical condition.

HEMSI took Wolfe to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.

A few days after the incident, the Huntsville Police Department (HPD) arrested Burns, 21 at the time, in Vestavia Hills, Alabama, and transported him to the Madison County Jail. HPD was assisted by the U.S. Marshal Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force and the Talladega Sheriff’s Department.

At the time, authorities told News 19 that the shooting was the result of an ongoing dispute. AL.com, who spoke with Wolfe’s family, specified the issue was due to four men staying in the apartment that were not on the lease.

Burns, who also faces federal charges related to a fraud scheme, was later transferred to the Morgan County Jail as a federal inmate.

While there he was charged with second-degree assault in April 2021, after authorities say he attacked and beat a female corrections officer in Morgan County. The attack left the officer with a concussion, bruises around her eye and mouth, along with bruises on her back, head and arms.

Officials told News 19 that the female guard was overseeing a meal distribution process for the inmates when Burns asked her if he could take a smoke break. The officer told him he could take one after the meal.

“He apparently did not like that answer,” said Morgan County Public Informations Officer Mike Swafford. “Walked up on her. She gave commands for him to step back and then he quickly sucker-punched her twice to the head.”

Swafford said at the time that Burns was being housed in the Morgan County Jail due to space issues.

“The federal agencies don’t have jails everywhere so they contract with county jails that have the space and can meet the standards to house their inmates here,” said Swafford. He adds that these are normally people facing trial. Once they are sentenced, they are moved to a federal prison.

Burns was sentenced to 12 years in prison on the assault charge in January 2022, after he pleaded guilty to the charge in October 2021.

If convicted of the capital murder charge, Burns faces an additional sentence of life without the possibility of parole or the death penalty, should the state choose to seek it at trial.

https://whnt.com/news/huntsville/pre...r-suspect/amp/

Lemond Burns, man accused in 2021 shooting death, appears in court

Madison Neal

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — The man accused in a 2021 shooting death of an Alabama A&M University student was in court on Tuesday for a preliminary hearing. The case against Lemond Burns is now bound over to a Grand Jury.

Lemond Lawrence Burns was charged with capital murder following a shooting on January 18, 2021, at the Huntsville Place Apartments.

During the preliminary hearing in Judge Patrick Tutens courtroom, prosecutors called Huntsville Police Investigator Greg Hayden to give an account of the alleged crime.

Investigator Hayden states that on January 18, 2021 Huntsville police officers responded to a ‘shots fired’ call at an apartment complex off Century Street NW. When officers got there, they found 22-year-old Dallis Patrick Ryan Wolfe in a vehicle with multiple gunshot wounds.

Hayden says through speaking with witnesses and watching surveillance video from the complex they were able to gather a clear understanding of the events that unfolded that day.

Investigators say the video showed Burns leaving the complex in one vehicle and Wolfe stopping at the security gate in a different vehicle to enter the complex. Hayden says the surveillance video shows Burns get out of his vehicle, approach Wolfes vehicle and exchange words as Wolfe was still in the car. Investigator Hayden says moments go by and then video shows Burns shoot Wolfe with a semi automatic chrome pistol. Hayden says Burns then got back into his vehicle and drove away.

Law enforcement officers were able to identify they vehicle Burns left the complex in based off of the tag number shown on video. Investigator Hayden said they put out a ‘be on the lookout’ for the Chrysler 300 Burns was driving. That car was spotted driving south on I-65.

Burns, 21 at the time, was taken into custody in Vestavia Hills, Alabama, and transported him to the Madison County Jail. HPD was assisted by the U.S. Marshal Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force and the Talladega Sheriff’s Department.

In an interview with Burns, Investigator Hayden said Burns admitted to shooting Wolfe.

Burns told Hayden they were all living together in an apartment, though his name never appeared on a lease. The actual confrontation began over food missing from the fridge of the apartment.

Burns, who also faces federal charges related to a fraud scheme, was later transferred to the Morgan County Jail as a federal inmate.

While there he was charged with second-degree assault in April 2021, after authorities say he attacked and beat a female corrections officer in Morgan County. The attack left the officer with a concussion, bruises around her eye and mouth, along with bruises on her back, head and arms.

Burns was sentenced to 12 years in prison on the assault charge in January 2022, after he pleaded guilty to the charge in October 2021.

If convicted of the capital murder charge, Burns faces an additional sentence of life without the possibility of parole or the death penalty, should the state choose to seek it at trial.

https://whnt.com/news/huntsville/lem...-in-court/amp/

Thread Information