Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Paul Anderson Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 OK Triple Slaying

Lawrence Paul Anderson Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 OK Triple Slaying

Andrea Blankenship

Leon Pye and Kaeos Yates

Why a Chickasha triple murder suspect got out of prison for past crimes after just 3 years

By Clay Nolan
    The Oklahoman

CCHICKASHA — Convicted cocaine dealer Lawrence Paul Anderson was ordered back to prison in 2017 for 20 more years after being caught with a gun and using drugs.

Anderson “remains a threat to both society and himself,” his probation and parole officer reported at the time.

He got out Jan. 18, after a little more than three years behind bars.

On Tuesday, he killed his uncle and a 4-year-old and attacked his aunt at their home in Chickasha, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reported.

He since has admitted to also killing a neighbor, The Oklahoman has learned.

Grady County District Attorney Jason Hicks is upset Anderson, 42, was out at all.

“This has to be addressed by the Legislature, sooner rather than later, because more people are going to get killed,” the prosecutor said. “We’re seeing this all over the state. Repeat offenders go to prison. They’re not there very long. And they come home and they’re committing crimes just like this.”

Anderson was released after Gov. Kevin Stitt commuted his sentence last June to nine years in prison, the interim secretary for public safety said

The governor acted after being told Anderson was going to live in Texas with his daughter and work for his son-in-law in the oil field, the interim secretary, Jason Nelson, said. His plans for release were later changed to the home of his uncle and aunt in Chickasha.

The Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board had recommended commutation 3-1, Nelson said. The records do not reflect any protest by the district attorney.

Nelson promised Thursday to do a “thorough deep dive to see if there’s something that was missed, either policy or communication or whatever.”

Anderson was first sentenced to prison in Oklahoma in 2006 for four years for attacking his girlfriend, pointing a gun at her and possession of crack cocaine with the intent to distribute, records show. He was out in less than two years.

He went back to prison in 2012 to serve a 15-year sentence for selling crack cocaine near an elementary school in Chickasha. He also was ordered to spend 20 years on probation after his release. He was out in less than five years and four months.

He was sent back to prison in December 2017 to serve 20 more years when a judge both revoked his probation in full and sentenced him for new crimes.

His probation violations included testing positive for PCP and cocaine use. His new crimes involved having a gun and sneaking PCP into jail.

“He should serve his whole sentence,” prosecutors told the Pardon and Parole Board in a 2017 report.

Hicks questioned Thursday if his office was even properly notified last year of Anderson’s commutation request.

“We're looking into that right now,” he said.

He also pointed out his office already had clearly said Anderson should serve the entire time.

“How many times do we have to object?" he said.

“I don't know why it is the parole board and everybody else thinks we ought to have to object to these things every step of the way. I mean we do our job and get them into prison. And then we tell them, ‘This is somebody that's really bad and they need to stay there.’ But that’s not good enough.

“We shouldn’t have to do anything else to keep them in prison. We shouldn’t have to do anything else.”

Police discovered the first two deaths Tuesday after responding to a 911 call to the home in Chickasha. Officers forced their way inside after hearing someone call for help, the OSBI reported.

Pronounced dead at the scene were Leon W. Pye, 67, and Kaeos Yates, 4. Another victim of the attack, Delci Pye, was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries, the OSBI reported. She had been stabbed in the eye, The Oklahoman was told Anderson also was taken to the hospital for treatment for self-inflicted injuries, The Oklahoman was told.

https://oklahoman.com/article/568216...rison-sentence
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

This is sick...

‘He Cooked the Heart with Potatoes’: Man Accused of Heinous Triple Murder in Oklahoma

By Matt Naham
    Law & Crime

A convicted felon in Oklahoma who had recently been paroled is now accused of murdering a neighbor, cooking the victim’s heart, and then murdering his uncle and a 4-year-old girl at a home where he had been staying on Feb. 9.

Lawrence Paul Anderson, 42, allegedly admitted that he murdered 41-year-old mother of two Andrea Lynn Blankenship in her home and cut out her heart to cook it and eat it. The Oklahoman, citing a quote from an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent’s search warrant application, described a heinous crime: “He took the heart back to 214 West Minnesota, Chickasha […] He cooked the heart with potatoes to feed to his family to release the demons.”

Anderson had been staying with his aunt Delsie Pye and uncle Leon Pye after he was released from prison on Jan. 18. Anderson is accused of killing his 67-year-old uncle and 4-year-old Kaeos Yates, described as the Pye’s granddaughter. Kaeos was repotedly visiting her grandparents. The suspect allegedly stabbed his aunt as well.

When authorities arrived at the scene, Leon Pye was already dead and Yates was gravely injured. She was pronounced dead soon afterwards in an ambulance. Delsie Pye reportedly suffered injuries to both of her eyes. She has since been released from a hospital. Anderson was allegedly observed “throwing up” into pillows at the scene. It’s unclear at this time if the suspect had been using drugs prior to the killings.

The Blankenship murder wasn’t discovered until two days later. The suspect, while in a hospital, allegedly admitted that he broke into the victim’s home and “cut her heart out.”

Grady County District Attorney Jason Hicks told The Oklahoman that he wants answers as to how convicted felon with a history of violence and drug use managed to be paroled several years early despite repeat offenses and objections from prosecutors. He said the state legislature needs to address this or more lives could be at risk.

Anderson’s repeat incarceration history began in 2006, when he sentenced for possession of crack cocaine and for threatening his girlfriend with a gun. He reportedly served less than two years of a four-year sentence. Six years after he was first sentenced, Anderson was sentenced to 15 years for selling crack near an elementary school. Five years into that sentence in 2017, Anderson was released from prison again, but his sentence also included two decades of probation. According to the report, Anderson quickly violated parole by possessing a gun and using PCP and cocaine; he was imprisoned the same year to serve 20 years.

Prosecutors said Anderson should serve the whole sentence, but Anderson requested a commutation and the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board recommended that the sentence be reduced to nine years.

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) commuted Anderson’s sentence in June 2020 under the belief, his office claimed, that Anderson would be moving out of the state. Per The Oklahoman:

The governor acted after being told Anderson was going to live in Texas with his daughter and work for his son-in-law in the oil field, the interim secretary, Jason Nelson, said. His plans for release were later changed to the home of his uncle and aunt in Chickasha.

In January 2021, Anderson was released after serving over three years in prison. Weeks later, he allegedly killed his uncle, stabbed his aunt, killed a little girl, and brutally murdered a neighbor. Andrea Blankenship’s family said they don't have any knowledge that their loved one knew her killer.

A GoFundMe campaign for Blankenship’s memorial has raised more than $3,800 of a $4,500 goal at the time of this writing.

“My mom’s life was taken too early. She was murdered tuesday night alone with another family by a man who should never have been let out of prison early. This will provide relief towards her memorial,” a message from Haylee Blankenship says.

Charges have been delayed due to extreme weather. DA Hicks reportedly said that he expected charges would be filed on Tuesday and that the death penalty is “on the table” in this case.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/he-coo...r-in-oklahoma/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Well, this is one of the most disgusting cases I have ever seen. Hopefully they send him to the gurney before Oklahoma becomes Virginia.
    Last edited by Julius; 03-16-2023 at 08:25 AM.

If he isn’t Oklahoma’s next death row inmate I don’t know who will? This is cannibalism. Oklahoma won’t become Virginia Julius.

It’s dark red and will stay that way for many years. Virginia’s demographics have shifted so much since 2001. The northern Virginia vote controls the state.
    Last edited by Neil; 02-23-2021 at 03:09 PM.

A good question is, what will happen to the man who let him out of prison: Kevin Stitt?
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

This is the parole board and the governor's fault. They didn't care when they thought he was going to TX after he was commuted.

This should be a wake up call that they need to be more cautious when granting parole or commuting prisoners.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If he isn’t Oklahoma’s next death row inmate I don’t know who will?
    It will probably be David Ware if his trial proceeds as currently scheduled since he is charged with killing a cop. I think they will take this case to trial late 2022 at the earliest.

The big question is, would he ever be executed. You’ve got to be severely mentally ill to eat a dead body and some states are banning the death penalty for the severely mentally ill
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

“He thought I was dead. God was with me,” Lone survivor of brutal killing spree talks for the first time to KFOR

By Joleen Chaney
    KFOR News

CHICKASHA, Okla. – What started with a hang-up call to 911 would soon turn into a gruesome scene spanning two homes along a quiet Chickasha street.

Three people were dead, and one clinging to life – fooling her attacker into thinking she was dead, too.

The man investigators say is at the center of it all was already a convicted felon who was released from prison early.
    <aside>
    </aside>“She was super resilient, very kind,” Haylee Blankenship said. “She wore her heart on her sleeve.”

Her mother, Andrea Blankenship was just 41 years old when a stranger just weeks out of prison forced his way into her Chickasha home, murdered her, and carved her heart from her chest.

“I texted her every day until about three days until her body was found,” she said. “My aunt drove up to Stillwater and came to my dorm…she told me while I was hanging out with my friends.”
    <aside>
    </aside>Investigators say after Lawrence Anderson removed Andrea’s heart, he took it to his Uncle Leon Pye’s house nearby.

There, court documents detail how he cooked Andrea’s heart and tried to make his elderly aunt and uncle eat it before attacking them and their 4-year-old granddaughter, Kaeos.

Kaeos had been visiting for the day. Neither she nor her grandfather survived the attack.

“I texted her every day until about three days until her body was found,” she said. “My aunt drove up to Stillwater and came to my dorm…she told me while I was hanging out with my friends.”
    <aside>
    </aside>Investigators say after Lawrence Anderson removed Andrea’s heart, he took it to his Uncle Leon Pye’s house nearby.

There, court documents detail how he cooked Andrea’s heart and tried to make his elderly aunt and uncle eat it before attacking them and their 4-year-old granddaughter, Kaeos.

Kaeos had been visiting for the day. Neither she nor her grandfather survived the attack.

“I was 16 years old,” Delsie Pye recalled. “He drove my momma’s cotton field truck. That’s how we met in the cotton field, and we’ve been together ever since.”

Leon and Delsie were married 50 years.

“This year would have been the 51st. He was gone, but my 50th anniversary our kids and grandkids they surprised us for our anniversary,” she said.

It was one of the last times they were all together. Delsie has a lot of pictures of that day, but those, too, were taken.

“We got it on our telephone, but we can’t get our telephones,” she said. “They haven’t given our phones back yet.”

Investigators took the phones and the digital photos as evidence.
    <aside>
    </aside>Delsie’s nephew, Lawrence Anderson, was a violent offender who had been in prison multiple times but was released early in January 2021 when Governor Kevin Stitt approved the commutation of hundreds of Oklahoma prisoners.

He was out of prison for less than three weeks when investigators say he went on a killing spree first targeting Andrea Blankenship and then his own family members.

“He came over – Lawrence. Did he just walk in? Did he knock on the door?” asked KFOR’s Joleen Chaney.

“Asked for some water,” Delsie said.

“He came over and asked for some water. And how did it escalate from that?” asked Chaney.

“He just went crazy,” Delsie replied. “He attacked my husband, and then he attacked me. He thought I was dead. God was with me.”

Delsie survived, but is now blind in her left eye and deaf in her left ear from the repeated stab wounds to her head.

“I saw everything he did to himself. I saw everything he did to my house,” she said. “Can’t nobody tell me he wasn’t in his right mind. He was, because if he wouldn’t have been he would have killed himself.

“Horrible. It’s like a movie. It’s not real, but it’s real,” Taranzo Pye said.

Taranzo Pye and Tasha Yates are Kaeos's parents.

“She was full of life. She was everything. She’d make you smile,” Taranzo said.

“If that hadn’t happened, then our family would still be here,” Tasha said.

Delsie still lives in the same home that was once a haven for not only the couple who has weathered so many of life’s storms together, but to anyone who stepped inside its warmth. But nothing is the same.

“People look at you funny. I even had to change churches. I might have to leave Chickasha,” Delsie said.

“I don’t even have any words,” Taranzo said. “I just wouldn’t want anyone else to have to go through this right here, because it is not good.”

“I don’t know whatever god put in front of us, because I walk by faith not by sight,” Delsie said.

Haylee Blankenship is walking that same journey.

“Everything is hard,” she said. “Very, very heavy trauma.”

Two families who are suffering the same tragedy and wondering why this man was allowed to walk away from 20-year prison sentence 17 years early – a critical mistake that ended in murder.

https://kfor.com/news/local/he-thoug...-time-to-kfor/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Lawsuit filed against Oklahoma Governor, Pardon and Parole Board for 2021 triple homicide

By Kaitor Kay
    KFOR News

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A new federal lawsuit is blaming Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt and the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board for a 2021 triple murder. The plaintiffs state that if Stitt hadn’t approved the parole board’s decision to release Lawrence Anderson from prison, he would have never gone on his alleged killing spree.

The families of victims Andrea Blankenship, age 41, Leon Pye, age 68, and Kaeos Yates, age 4, are calling the release of Anderson grossly negligent, reckless, and intentional.
    <aside>
    </aside>“A tragedy could have really been prevented if people would have done their jobs and followed proper procedures,” said Kaeos’ mother Tasha Yates.

The Monday court filing is accusing the governor and parole board of "improperly" releasing Anderson from prison, and therefore, demanding they take accountability in the triple murder he allegedly committed afterwards.

In February 2021 – three weeks after his release – investigators said Anderson broke into Andrea Blankenship’s Chickasha home, killed her, and allegedly carved out her heart.

They report Anderson then walked to his aunt and uncle’s home, cooked the heart, and tried to feed it to them before he allegedly attacked the two and their visiting granddaughter, 4 year-old Kaeos.

The child and her grandfather would die from their injuries.

“Because no one did their job, our little girl don’t get to ever come home,” Tasha told KFOR.
    <aside>
    </aside>In the new lawsuit, Tasha and her co-plaintiffs say that in an effort to save money by reducing the incarceration rate, Governor Stitt “planned to push as many prisoners through the pardon, parole, and commutation process so as to release as many as possible, as quickly as possible.”

The plaintiffs state that Anderson was denied commutation in 2019, but that with “deliberate indifference” the governor and parole board commuted Anderson a year later in violation of a required three-year waiting period between commutation applications, a policy that is supposed to “protect the public from violent offenders.”

In a statement on Monday, Stitt spokesperson Carly Atchison told KFOR:

“What happened to the victims in this case is inexplicable and a product of absolute evil. The governor mourns alongside of and prays for the victims’ families. To be absolutely clear, lawyers’ decision to name the governor as a defendant is a political stunt. Under the Governmental Tort Claims Act, the lawsuit could have been filed as early as May 10, 2022. If it were a serious lawsuit, they would have filed it then instead of waiting 4 days within a political election. Courts routinely dismiss lawsuits based on pardon and parole decisions, and we expect a dismissal in this case.”

Tom Bates, the director of the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board, told KFOR, “The Pardon and Parole Board has no comment on pending litigation.”
    <aside>
    </aside>In September at the Grady County Courthouse, Anderson waived his right to a preliminary hearing which means the case will head to trial.

His formal arraignment is set for November 22 at 9 a.m.

https://kfor.com/news/local/lawsuit-...iple-homicide/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information