Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lawrence Paul Anderson Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 OK Triple Slaying

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    The lawyer who filed that lawsuit should be disbarred

'Never going to get out:' Oklahoma man sentenced to life without parole for triple murder

By Miranda Vondale Foster and Tom Ferguson
    KOKH News

GRADY COUNTY (KOKH) — A man was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole on Wednesday for killing three people in Chickasha in 2021.

Lawrence Paul Anderson pleaded guilty to three counts of murder in the first degree, one count of assault and battery with a deadly weapon, and one count of maiming.

In 2021, Anderson killed three people, including Andrea Blankenship, 41, Leon Pye, 67, and Kaeos Yates, 4.

Officials say Anderson had killed Blankenship and then cut her heart out. After killing Blankenship, he brought her heart to his aunt and uncle's house.

Officials say Anderson cooked the heart with a side of potatoes before trying to serve it to them, before killing Pye, Yates, and severely injuring his aunt.

District Attorney Jason Hicks shared that, "There's evidence in possession of my office as well as the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that's so shocking, after I reviewed it, it kept me up at night for weeks."

Anderson was given five life sentences, which will be served consecutively.

"These families have lost pretty much everything. As you can imagine, Delsie Pye lost her husband and one of her grandchildren, and was attacked at the same time. And watched both of those people, watched both of them die, watched Lawrence Anderson take their lives," asserted Hicks.

"Basically, what that means is that he is never going to get out of prison," said Hicks. "The intent of that agreement is to ensure he never steps outside of the prison. Not only that, but to ensure that nobody can ever modify these sentences. That was something that was extremely important to not only my office, but also to the family members of the victims in this case."

Anderson had been sentenced in 2017 to 20 years in prison for probation violations on a drug case. Gov. Kevin Stitt commuted the sentence in 2019 to nine years in prison, and Anderson was released after serving a little more than three years.

In addition to his sentencing on Wednesday, Anderson also agreed to pay $9,500 in restitution to the Oklahoma Crime Victim's Compensation Fund.

Prosecutors say they did not seek the death penalty because they felt that a trial would further harm the family.

According to the district attorney, "I don't think I can find another case that's going to quite compare to this one."

During a press conference on Wednesday, Hicks explained that his office had to wait for the decision for Oklahoma v. Castro-Huerta, a case argued before the Supreme Court of the United States, to ensure that the state was able to prosecute because both Blankenship and Yates were of Native American lineage.

The decision from the Supreme Court in the Castro-Huerta case stipulated that the state can prosecute crimes committed against Native Americans that occurred on reservations when the defendant is not Native American.

https://okcfox.com/news/local/lawren...20Yates%2C%204.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information