Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Georgia Restart Soon?

Will Georgia Restart Soon?

Do you think Georgia will restart executions soon.

Michael Nance exhausted appeals but is awaiting En Banc again
    Billy Raulerson has exhausted appeals
    Frederick Whatley is before SCOTUS
    Richard Sealey is before SCOTUS
    Leon Tollette is before SCOTUS
    John Esposito is before SCOTUS

And several others who have been denied COA will likely exhaust appeals this year.

This year is likely the only shot of Georgia having a wave like 2016.

But if they don’t end their state of emergency, there will be no executions this year. So do you guys think they may restart soon?
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    Georgia should start up next month, starting with Nance and Raulerson after him.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    I think they will restart in April or May. Raulerson will be first.

We’re into March now. Where’s the execution date for Raulerson? At this point I don’t see it happening in March. Kemp just renewed the state of emergency. I think it might not even happen in April. Covid is no excuse not to execute. The Feds did so all last year and up to this year.

https://gov.georgia.gov/executive-ac...ecutive-orders
    Last edited by Neil; 03-05-2021 at 04:24 PM.

I always get in trouble for how I post, but I don't care. This belongs here, maybe the best death penalty documentary I have seen, and it is a high bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mslJCYS66xw&t=3s
    "It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them".--Alfred Adler

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Richard Sealey, Leon Tollette and Frederick Whatley will have their final appeals denied by SCOTUS this month. John Espositos case is also moving very fast. Since Kemp has annouced that some COVID restrictions will be lifted, I think Georgia will restart in May.

https://www.wrdw.com/2021/03/31/geor...-restrictions/
    Last edited by Julius; 04-04-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Any ideas as to when Georgia will resume? We’re almost into June and still no execution dates for anyone.

This year and next year will be the last two times for Georgia to have a wave year like 2016.

It’s on its way of becoming Virginia 2.0 since prosecutors don’t sentence anyone to death there anymore and the political shift happening within the state.
    Last edited by Neil; 05-23-2021 at 11:15 PM.

The state keeps extending their state of emergency when there is no reason to. Blame the Georgia Supreme Court or Governor
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    Georgia will start back soon been preparing.

At this point I don’t see Georgia resuming anymore. We’re in July and still no date? Covid was just an excuse not to schedule any executions.

If the feds executed all last year and fought hard against all the late night stays then why has Georgia not resumed?

We got two states to execute during the pandemic. It’s Texas and Missouri vs everyone else at this point. The others are just implementing silent moratoriums.
    Last edited by Neil; 07-13-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information