Thread: Michael Patrick Paton Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 TX Triple Murder

Michael Patrick Paton Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 TX Triple Murder

C17E2DD4-B065-4082-99C3-E026DBF4984F.jpeg
    Michael Patrick Paton

Man Charged With Capital Murder After 3 Found Dead In Burning Celina Home

CELINA, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A man has been charged with capital murder after three people were found dead inside a burning home in the Collin County city of Celina, police said.

Police said they were called to a shooting at around 7:20 p.m. Friday in the 3100 block of Hickory Lane. As officers arrived, police said a fire was also reported at the same location.

The suspect, later identified as 37-year-old Michael Patrick Paton, was arrested at the scene, police said.

The fire department extinguished the flames and found three people inside the home. Their identities and exact causes of death have not yet been released.

Paton was booked into Collin County Jail for capital murder of multiple persons. His bond is set at $1.5 million.

Further details are still unknown as police continue to investigate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dfw.cbs...lina-home/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Affidavit: Celina man told 911 dispatcher “I just killed my whole family”
    February 26, 2021

CELINA, Texas (KXII) - The three people killed in Celina a week ago Friday were the wife and two children of the suspect in jail tonight.

According to the affidavit obtained by News 12, the suspect, Michael Patton called 9-1-1 at 7:20 pm last Friday and said “I just killed my whole family,” and told officers his house was on fire.

The affidavit states that Patton told officers on the phone that his wife was in the closet and not breathing and that there were two children in the house who were not coming when he called for them.

Patton said he “woke up and they were dead and the gun was in my hand.”

While on the phone with the dispatcher Patton left the house with the gun in his hand. As he walked out the house went up in flames. Patton told officers he was unsure if he started the fire with his two children and his wife still in the house.

One neighbor said she rarely ever saw the Pattons at social functions within the neighborhood and rarely ever interacted with them in what she called “a very tight knit community.”

”This just didn’t happen this day, it lead up to this. What I took from it is we need to be more aware of our neighbors, our surroundings and making sure you’re taking care of people because we’re all going through something and you just never know,” said Latonna Whitt, a neighbor of the Patton’s. “Maybe if we were more connected and making more efforts we could have, you know, he could have been more connected to get help or reach out to someone at a struggling time as opposed to being isolated and then a tragedy like this happens.”

Other neighbors said they plan to organize a memorial on Tuesday to honor the family members who were killed.

They called it the first step in moving past this tragedy and healing as a community.

https://www.kxii.com/2021/02/27/comm...ide-in-celina/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Michael Paton's trial appears to be starting on August 15th, 2022.

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/Judi...ichael%7C1%7C1

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Michael Paton's jury trial has been delayed until November 14th, 2022.

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/Judi...C1%7C1%7C1%7C1

Celina man pleads guilty to capital murder of wife, children

By KXII Staff

COLLIN COUNTY, Texas (KXII) - A Celina man pled guilty in Collin County Friday for capital murder, for the shooting deaths of his wife and two children at their home back in February of 2021.

The Celina Police Department said Michael Patton pled guilty to capital murder of multiple persons and was sentenced to life without parole.

According to an affidavit obtained by News 12, Patton called police on February 19, 2021 at 7:20 p.m., then said “I just killed my whole family,” and told officers his house was on fire.

https://www.kxii.com/2022/11/12/celi...wife-children/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information