Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty Trial Set for Desean Brown in 2020 OH Slaying of Nyteisha Lattimore and her son Nylo Lattimore

Death Penalty Trial Set for Desean Brown in 2020 OH Slaying of Nyteisha Lattimore and her son Nylo Lattimore

Nyteisha Lattimore and Nylo Lattimore

Man indicted in death of 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore and his mother

By WLWT5 Digital News

CINCINNATI — A 21-year-old man has now been indicted, accused in the death of 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore and his mother.

Nylo Lattimore is presumed dead, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Wednesday.

The 3-year-old boy has been missing since Dec. 4, and investigators have been searching for him since his mother was found stabbed to death along Cincinnati’s riverfront.

The boy’s mother, Nyteisha Lattimore, 29, was stabbed inside of a Walnut Hills apartment on Dec. 5. Her body was found along the banks of the Ohio River near the Purple People Bridge on Dec. 12.

Deters said the woman’s killer purchased a body bag online, then brought her body to the river a week later.

Deters said Wednesday that Nylo Lattimore’s blood was found on a Paw Patrol blanket, recovered with Nyteisha Lattimore's body. The boy’s stroller was also found in the Ohio River.

Exhaustive search efforts for the young boy have turned up empty-handed, and the prosecutor says an investigation revealed he was killed by the same man who killed the boy’s mother.

"In all my years as a prosecutor, I have never seen such a cold-blooded act committed against an innocent woman and her 3-year-old baby," Deters said, announcing the indictment of 21-year-old Desean Brown.

Deters said he believes Brown threw Nylo Lattimore into the Ohio River when he dumped the body of his mother.

The 3-year-old boy’s body has not been recovered.

Brown now faces the death penalty. He has been charged with two counts of aggravated murder with a death penalty specification, one count of gross abuse of a corpse and one count of tampering with evidence.

“Throughout the United States today, there are prosecutors who have chosen to never seek the death penalty,” Deters said. “That’s not going to happen here as long as I am prosecutor for this county.”

https://www.wlwt.com/article/man-ind...ther/35618434#
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Nylo Lattimore's grandfather: Desean Brown 'deserves the death penalty'

Brown indicted for murders of Nyteisha Lattimore, 3-year-old son Nylo Lattimore

By Dan Griffin
    WLWT5 News

CINCINNATI — His daughter and 3-year-old grandson were killed.

Nyteisha Lattimore's father, Rodrick Lattimore, talked with WLWT on Wednesday evening about mourning, healing and fighting for justice.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters announced Lattimore's boyfriend, Desean Brown, 21, has been indicted in both their murders.

Nyteisha Lattimore's body was found by the Purple People Bridge in December.

Three-year-old Nylo Lattimore is presumed dead but has not been found.

Deters said Brown faces the death penalty.

Nyteisha's father said Brown deserves the death penalty.

"Desean Brown is a monster," Rodrick Lattimore said.

It's been nearly three months since Rodrick Lattimore saw his daughter, Nyteisha Lattimore, and her 3-year-old son, Nylo, alive.

"Friends, family. The Lattimore family is a large family and the Hunter family. We all loved her. Nylo, we loved Nylo," Rodrick Lattimore said.

On Wednesday, Deters shared details of a body bag he said Brown bought on eBay for Nyteisha and said it's believed Nylo was thrown into the river while still alive.

"He chose to kill Nylo in an incredibly barbaric method and I, just, I still have nightmares about this," Deters said.

Deters said Brown planned to kill months in advance, left Nyteisha's body in her apartment for five days and that he took an Uber to the river, claiming the body bag was clothes.

"Desean Brown, you deserve the death penalty for what you did to my grandson and my daughter. You deserve the death penalty. No mercy. None," Rodrick Lattimore said.

For this father, every detail is more devastating.

"My daughter should be living right now. My grandson should be alive right now," Rodrick Lattimore said.

Now, he prays and fights for justice.

"Her and Nylo, they're in heaven, you know, and this scumbag deserves to be in hell. He needs to burn in hell," Rodrick Lattimore said.

Rodrick Lattimore said he didn't talk to Nyteisha every day, and sometimes they wouldn't talk for days.

He said he wished he'd known there was trouble so he could have rescued them.

Rodrick Lattimore said the family now has another funeral to plan and more pain to face.

He asked for prayers and said he is thankful for all the prayers and support.

The Cincinnati police chief commended the relentless efforts of volunteers and family members who have searched the area for Nylo.

He said the search efforts will continue for Nylo's body until he is found.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/nylo-la...nalty/35622671
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

Search resumes along Ohio River for bodies of 2 missing boys

Authorities are continuing to search the Ohio River Tuesday for the bodies of 2 missing young boys, according to Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson.

Cadaver dogs with Hamilton County’s search and rescue dive team and Preble County detectives are out now, walking on the Kentucky side of the riverbanks in Boone County, in the hopes of finding the remains of 6-year-old James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore, the sheriff said.

“They are checking an area we felt we needed to check. I don’t know if they are going to get in the water or not,” he said.

The Ohio River has been searched multiple times for both boys’ bodies.

Sheriff Simpson said authorities had no new information that prompted Tuesday’s search, they just remain committed to trying to recovering the children’s remains.

“It’s kind of fluid when we go down based on the weather and what we’ve got going on. We’ve been down there a couple times in the last few weeks and have not located them.

“Those 2 little boys are in that river somewhere. We are not going to give up.”

Cincinnati police, meanwhile, have said they searched nearly 200 miles along the Ohio River for Nylo, who was last seen around noon Dec. 4.

Volunteers for Christian Aid Ministries also recently searched for him.

Nylo’s mother’s boyfriend, Desean Brown, was indicted on 2 counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of Nylo and the young child’s mother, Nyteisha Lattimore.

He also faces charges of abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

Brown, 20, is scheduled to return to court on Aug. 24, when he will either enter a plea or his case will be set for trial.

He will face the death penalty if convicted, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters has said.

Deters has said he believes Nyteisha Lattimore was killed Dec. 5 and her body was in her Walnut Hills apartment for 5 days before Brown disposed of it.

Brown purchased a body bag from eBay and took an Uber down to the Ohio River, telling the driver the bag held his clothes because he was moving out, Deters has said.

According to Deters, Brown threw Nylo alive into the Ohio River alive on Dec. 6.

The boy’s blood was found on a Paw Patrol blanket recovered with Nyteisha’s body

Her body was located early Dec. 12 near the Purple People Bridge. The Hamilton County Coroner’s Office has said she died from stab wounds.

Nylo’s stroller was found Dec. 13, near where his mother’s body was spotted.

(source: WXIX news)

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

A year later: Family of murdered Walnut Hills mother, son continue to push for justice

Hearing in case against Desean Brown scheduled for Wednesday morning

By Dan Griffin
    WFWT News

CINCINNATI — Nyteisha Lattimore's father shared heartache and a continued push for justice a year after his daughter and her son were murdered.

This week, his case goes back to court.

It is an emotional anniversary with the family preparing for a long road ahead in court.

Rodrick Lattimore, Nyteisha's father, has been fighting to be their voice and he's demanding the death penalty.

He said there is so much pain they all feel without both of them here now.

"Each holiday. Each moment. Each season that goes by is very painful because, like I said, we miss our daughter. We miss our grandson," Rodrick Lattimore said.

A father's heart, broken and bruised.

But it's also leading him in a fight for justice.

It's now been a year since investigators said Nyteisha Lattimore was murdered.

Her body was later discovered by the Purple People Bridge on Dec. 12, 2020, according to investigators.

Her son, Nylo Lattimore, 3, has never been found and is presumed dead.

"We feel empty without them and it's just not going to be the same. It'll never be the same," Rodrick Lattimore said.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Nyteisha's boyfriend, Desean Brown, stabbed her to death and threw Nylo into the Ohio River while he was still alive.

Brown faces the death penalty.

His case heads back to Hamilton County Court on Wednesday.

"I totally agree with Joe Deters. I totally agree that number one, Desean Brown is nothing less than a monster. Number two, what he did was totally uncalled for, and number three, he deserves the death penalty," Rodrick Lattimore said.

This father said he and his wife pray for justice every day.

"Nyteisha's father, Nylo's granddaddy? I don't forgive you," he said.

They know they must speak for a precious mother and son who can no longer.

"We really truly feel that Nylo and Nyteisha is looking down on us right now and we feel that they are depending on us to get the justice that they deserve," Rodrick Lattimore said.

He said he's not sure he'll able to listen to all the details when it comes to what investigators believe happened.

But Rodrick Lattimore said he does want to be in court to make sure justice is served.

Deters said there are no updates or changes in the case at this point.

Brown faces charges including aggravated murder, gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

The upcoming hearing is for a plea or trial setting and starts at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Brown is still booked in the Hamilton County Jail.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/a-year-...stice/38444979

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Trial date set for man charged in Nylo, Nyteisha Lattimore’s deaths

By Andrea Medina and Kim Schupp
    Fox 19 News

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - A trial date has been set for the man charged in the deaths of 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore, and his mother, Nyteisha Lattimore.

Desean Brown, 20, will face the death penalty, Hamilton Prosecutor Joe Deters announced. He has been indicted in both their murders.

Deters said he believes Nyteisha was killed on Dec. 5, 2020. Her body was found around 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 12 near the Purple People Bridge.

According to Deters, Nyteisha’s body was in her Walnut Hills apartment for five days before Brown disposed of it.

Brown purchased a body bag from eBay and took an Uber down to the Ohio River telling the driver it was his clothes because he was moving out, Deters said.

The Hamilton County Coroner said Nyteisha died from stab wounds.

Deters said Brown killed Nylo after his mother’s death, but before disposing of her body.

According to Deters, Brown put Nylo into the Ohio River alive.

The prosecutor said Nylo’s blood was found on a Paw Patrol blanket recovered with Nyteisha’s body.

His stroller was also located in the Ohio River near where his mother’s body was found.

According to the prosecutor’s office, evidence shows this is the timeline of the crimes:

• December 5, 2020 – Desean Brown kills Nyteisha Lattimore
    • December 6, 2020 – Desean Brown throws Nylo in the river alive
    • December 11, 2020 – Desean Brown takes the body bag containing Nyteisha’s body to the Purple People Bridge
    • December 12, 2020– Nyteisha’s body discovered by law enforcement
    • December 13, 2020– Nylo’s stroller located in the river

Nylo’s body still hasn’t been found.

The judge said Brown’s trial is scheduled for Oct. 17, 2022.

Criminal defense attorney Mark Krumbein said the trial date given by the judge is perfectly fair, in his opinion.

“I think Judge Shanahan was reasonable giving that court date and that’s definitely comparable to other death penalties cases time-wise,” Krumbein said. “These can’t be done overnight. This is not a misdemeanor or a minor felony this is life or death and both sides have to be totally prepared.”

Krumbein says he understands how overwhelming it must be for the Lattimore family to continue to wait for Brown’s case to reach trial, but adds, the stakes are high with this one.

“If they want the death penalty case, there’s no shortcuts, it will take a long time. And hopefully, that’ll mean it’ll be done properly the first time,” explained Krumbein.

https://www.fox19.com/2021/12/08/tri...imores-deaths/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Man accused of killing 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore and his mother appears in court

Desean Brown is accused of throwing the boy into the Ohio River

By Megan Mitchell
    WTWT News

The man accused of killing 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore and his mother appeared in court Wednesday.

Desean Brown appeared in court for a wellness check.

"They're providing you with a bed, food, all your medical needs?" Judge Megan Shanahan asked.

"Yes, your honor," Brown said.

"Very good, continue cooperating with your attorneys to prepare for trial," Shanahan said.

Prosecutors say in December of 2020, Brown threw 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore into the Ohio River.

Investigators say Brown also stabbed Nylo's mother, Nyteisha Lattimore, to death.

Her body was in a body bag along the Cincinnati riverfront.

Police believe Brown threw the child into the river alive although all searchers have been unable to find the boy's body.

If Brown is convicted, he could face the death penalty.

Brown's court case is set for Oct. 17, 2022.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/nylo-la...river/39453048

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Family members of Nylo Lattimore, his mother outraged by man's request for lower bond

By Courtis Fuller
    WTWT News

CINCINNATI — The father and grandfather of two murder victims said he’s outraged by a suspect’s request for a lower bond.

“Words can’t express how I feel about this monster who's trying to ask for a lower bond. He's got a lot of nerve trying to ask for a lower bond,” Rodrick Lattimore said.

That passionate response from Lattimore came after what he considers an outrageous request from Desean Brown, 22, the suspect who is in jail charged with the murder of Lattimore's daughter Nyteisha and his grandson Nylo. Police said Brown stabbed the woman to death and threw the 3-year-old boy in the Ohio River, alive. His remains have not been found.

In one case Brown’s bond is $1 million and in the other, there is no bond.

“Desean Brown deserves nothing less than the death penalty. That's exactly what you deserve — no mercy at all,” Lattimore said.

Brown’s trial is scheduled for October.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/nylo-la...-bond/39866758

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Possible motive for murder of Nylo, Nyteisha Lattimore revealed at hearing

By Kendall Hyde
    Fox 19 News

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - The man who is charged with the December 2020 murders of Nyteisha Lattimore and her 3-year-old son Nylo appeared in court Friday.

Cincinnati police specialist Kimberly Kelley said Desean Brown’s close friend, Jamecia Cobb, told officers that Nyteisha had been pregnant with Brown’s baby earlier that year and she had a miscarriage.

“Mr. Brown had told Jameica Cobb that he was very upset and that since she killed their baby, he was going to do something to her baby Nylo,” Kelley testified.

When she learned that Brown had been arrested, Cobb shared that information with police.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters says he believes Nyteisha was killed on Dec. 5. Her body was found around 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 12 near the Purple People Bridge.

According to Deters, Nyteisha’s body was in her Walnut Hills apartment for five days before Brown disposed of it.

The Hamilton County Coroner said she died from stab wounds.

Deters said Brown killed Nylo after his mother’s death, but before disposing of her body.

According to Deters, Brown put Nylo into the Ohio River alive.

Family members spotted a stroller that looked like Nylo’s near the bridge and police confirmed that it did belong to the three-year-old.

Nylo’s body still hasn’t been found. Several search efforts were made to find him, but none were successful.

Brown’s attorneys filed a request for a low bond in May which would have allowed him to be released from jail.

Judge Meghan Shanahan denied Brown bond saying he still poses a threat to the community and the family of Nylo and Nyteisha.

Brown is facing the death penalty in this case and two counts of aggravated murder, one count of abuse of a corpse, and one count of tampering with evidence.

Judge Shanahan says his next court date is scheduled for June 23 at 9 a.m. His trial is supposed to start in August.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/06/17/jud...attimore-case/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

The father of Nylo punched Desean multiple times in the back of the head in court today.

https://www.kait8.com/2022/06/23/vid...rt-appearance/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Father of Nylo Lattimore released from jail early after attacking man charged in his son's death

By Emily Sanderson
    WTWT News

The father of Nylo Lattimore, who punched the man accused of killing his son in court last week, has been released from jail early, according to court records.

Tonio Hughes was being held in contempt of court for attacking the man accused of stabbing the mother of his child to death and throwing his toddler in the Ohio River in 2020.

Desean Brown, the man charged in the deaths of Nylo Lattimore and Nyteisha Lattimore, was in court for a motion to suppress hearing on whether or not a taped confession in Nylo and Nyteshia Lattimore's killings to police would be allowed as evidence. The judge ruled it would be allowed at trial.

Brown's hearing had just wrapped up when Hughes, who is Nylo Lattimore's father, walked up and punched Brown repeatedly.

Hughes was taken to the ground by two deputies who asked the judge to hit the panic button for more backup.

But even after he was cuffed, Hughes stood back up and attempted to break free from deputies hold before Brown was taken out of the courtroom.

Hughes was escorted out shortly after. Judge Megan Shanahan found Hughes in contempt of court and sentenced him to seven days in the Hamilton County Justice Center. He was released early on Monday.

Brown's next court date is Aug. 29.

Prosecutors said Nyteisha Lattimore, 29, was stabbed inside of a Walnut Hills apartment on Dec. 5, 2020. Her body was found along the banks of the Ohio River near the Purple People Bridge on Dec. 12, 2020.

Deters said the woman’s killer purchased a body bag online, then brought her body to the river a week later.

Deters said that Nylo Lattimore’s blood was found on a Paw Patrol blanket that was recovered with Nyteisha Lattimore's body. The boy’s stroller was also found in the Ohio River.

Exhaustive search efforts for the young boy have turned up empty-handed, and the prosecutor says an investigation revealed he was killed by the same man who killed the boy’s mother.

Brown now faces the death penalty. He has been charged with two counts of aggravated murder with a death penalty specification, one count of gross abuse of a corpse and one count of tampering with evidence.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/father-...esean/40436002

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information