Thread: Victor Everette Silvers Sentenced to Life in 2018 KY Slaying of Brittney Niecol Silvers

Victor Everette Silvers Sentenced to Life in 2018 KY Slaying of Brittney Niecol Silvers

Brittney Niecol Silvers

Death Penalty Sought For Murder Of Fort Campbell Soldier

Victim's murder occurred on the Fort Campbell, Kentucky military installation

PADUCAH, Ky. – The United States filed Notice of Intent to Seek the Death Penalty for Victor Everette Silvers, in connection with the death of Brittney Niecol Silvers, announced Acting United States Attorney Michael A. Bennett. Former Acting Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen authorized and directed the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Kentucky to seek the death penalty.

According to the superseding indictment, returned on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, Victor Everette Silvers murdered Brittney Niecol Silvers on October 14, 2018, by shooting her with a firearm at the Fort Campbell, Kentucky military installation. Brittney Niecol Silvers was, at the time of her death, assigned to the 96th Aviation Support Battalion at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. The penalty for First-Degree Murder (Premediated) is Death or Life Imprisonment.

Victor Everette Silvers is also charged with Attempted First-Degree Murder, Domestic Violence, Violation of a Protection Order, Possession of a Firearm by a Prohibited Person, and two counts of the Use/Carry/Discharge of a Firearm During and in Relation to a Crime of Violence.

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Seth Hancock and Leigh Ann Dycus and Special Assistant United States Attorney Captain Joseph Murphy from the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Fort Campbell, Kentucky. The case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the United States Army’s Criminal Investigation Command (CID), with assistance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) and the Clarksville, Tennessee Police Department.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdky/pr...mpbell-soldier
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

I can't access this article but it says that the federal gov. has dropped the DP in 7 cases. This is one of them.

U.S. Won’t Seek Death Penalty in 7 Cases, Signaling a Shift Under Biden

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/22/n...h-penalty.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Man convicted in 2018 killing of Fort Campbell solider

By Associated Press

PADUCAH, Ky. (AP) — The estranged husband of a Fort Campbell soldier was convicted this week of killing her in a 2018 off-duty shooting at the sprawling Army post on the Kentucky-Tennessee border.

Victor Everette Silvers of Clarksville, Tennessee, was convicted by a federal jury Wednesday of first-degree murder, attempted murder, domestic violence resulting in death, violation of a protection order and other counts in the death of Brittney Niecol Silvers of Jacksonville, Florida.

Silvers faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison, according to U.S. Department of Justice prosecutors. There is no parole in the federal system. The 33-year-old is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 22 before a U.S. District Court judge for the Western District of Kentucky.

Federal prosecutors said in February 2021 they would seek the death penalty if Silvers were convicted. But earlier this year, they filed a motion to withdraw that request at the directive of Biden-appointed U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.

The decision was criticized by Republican U.S. Senator Tom Cotton in an April letter to Garland.

“Why did you ‘authorize and direct’ this action?” he wrote. “Has anything changed since February 25, 2021? Sgt. Silvers deserves justice.”

Court records show a domestic violence order prohibited Victor Silvers from possessing a firearm and ordered him to stay 300 feet (about 91 meters) away from his wife. An affidavit alleges that he went to his estranged wife’s home, where she was socializing with a male friend, and shot both. The friend was wounded but survived.

Brittney Silvers was assigned to the 96th Aviation Support Battalion at Fort Campbell.

https://fox17.com/news/local/man-con...mpbell-solider

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Man convicted in soldier wife's Fort Campbell murder gets life sentence plus 10 years

by WZTV, The Associated Press

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (WZTV) — A man convicted of killing his Fort Campbell solider wife in 2018 has been handed a life sentence plus 10 years.

Victor Everette Silvers, of Clarksville, was sentenced Thursday in U.S. District Court for the Oct. 2018 murder of Brittney Niecol Silvers.

Last year, Silvers was convicted by a federal jury on counts of first-degree murder, attempted murder, domestic violence resulting in death, violation of a protection order and others.

Court records show a domestic violence order prohibited Silvers from possessing a firearm and ordered him to stay 300 feet away from his wife. An affidavit alleges that he went to his estranged wife's home, where she was socializing with a male friend, and shot both. The friend was wounded but survived.

Brittney Silvers was assigned to the 96th Aviation Support Battalion at Fort Campbell.

There is no parole in the federal system. Federal prosecutors said in February 2021 they would seek the death penalty if Silvers were convicted. But in 2022, they filed a motion to withdraw that request at the directive of Biden-appointed U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.

https://fox17.com/news/local/man-con...ibextid=Zxz2cZ
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information