Thread: Chairez Sentenced/Flores, Olaguez and Garcia Charged With Capital Murder In 2021 TX Murder of Six Year Old Girl

Chairez Sentenced/Flores, Olaguez and Garcia Charged With Capital Murder In 2021 TX Murder of Six Year Old Girl

From Left to Right: Juan Roman Garcia Olaguez, William Garcia, Marco Antonio Chairez, Daniel Guzman Flores

HCSO: two men charged with capital murder of 6-year-old girl

MISSION, Texas (KVEO) — The Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) has charged two suspects involved in a shooting that left a 6-year-old dead.

Hidalgo County authorities: Child found dead with a gunshot wound, investigation underway
    The suspects were identified as Marco Antonio Reyes Chairez, 42, and Daniel Guzman Flores, 43.

Hidalgo County deputies responded to a call of deadly conduct on Tuesday just after 5 p.m. on South Mile 6 on La Homa Road and then East on Valencia Avenue in rural Mission.

Upon arrival, authorities found a 6-year-old girl with gunshot wounds to the head.

“The child was … on the bed watching television when she was struck by gunfire. We believe the projectile went through two walls,” Sheriff Eddie Guerra said during a press conference on Thursday. “It struck her in the head, she died instantly.”

Investigators met with the parents of the victim and neighbors that helped identify three vehicles that drove by the house shooting.

The vehicles were described as a silver Ford Echo Sport, a blue Chevy Impala or Malibu, and a beige GMC pick-up truck.

Deputies linked one of the vehicles to Daniel Guzman Flores.

Flores was found in Edinburg and taken to the HCSO for questioning. He admitted to helping Marco Antonio Reyes Chairez in the shooting.

Reyes was identified as the driver of the silver 2021 Ford Echo Sport that was seen on the surveillance video.

On Wednesday, a search warrant and a warrant for arrest were obtained. Later investigators searched the house of one of Reyes’ relatives in Mission.

Reyes was found hiding in the attic and was arrested on site.

On Thursday, both suspects were charged with capital murder and arraigned by Justice of the Peace Jerry Munoz. Their bond was set at $1 million.

“We haven’t established a motive,” Sheriff Guerra said. “At this time, we suspect it was because of a dispute, whether with the neighbors or somebody in the neighborhood.”

When asked if the suspects had expressed remorse, Investigator Linda Chavez, Hidalgo County Major Crimes Unit said, “I believe so, yes.”

“They are cowards, and because it was an innocent 6-year-old child involved, all members of my staff, especially our special major crimes unit, we are going to work tirelessly until we bring all these suspects that are involved in this case to justice,” said Sheriff Guerra.

Sheriff Guerra added that they are looking for at least two more suspects involved in the case.

If anybody knows any information, HSCO is asking the public to contact the HCSO Criminal Investigations Division at (956) 383-8114, or they can call anonymously to the Hidalgo County Crime Stoppers hotline at (956) 668-8477. Anonymous tips may be submitted through the smartphone app “P3 Tips.”

If the information provided leads to an arrest, the caller may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.val...n-mission/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Capital Murder Indictment Handed Up Against Four In Alton Girl’s Death

A Hidalgo County grand jury has indicted four men in the drive-by shooting death of a 6-year-old Alton-area girl in late February.

Hidalgo County sheriff’s officials say late the afternoon of February 23rd, the four drove up to a house on the 2400 block of Valencia Avenue and fired a barrage of bullets – one of which sliced through two walls and struck the girl in her bedroom.

The McAllen Monitor reports the indictment charges each of the men with capital murder and murder. The charges carry the possibility of a death penalty trial.

The Hidalgo County District Attorney’s Office has not yet decided if it will seek death sentences for the four. Charged are two Alton men – 44-year-old Juan Olaguez and 43-year-old Marco Chairez, and two Mission men – 43-year-old Daniel Guzman and 30-year-old William Garcia.

https://www.kurv.com/capital-murder-...n-girls-death/

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Murder trial of four men accused in drive-by shooting death of 6-year-old postponed

A capital murder trial that was scheduled to start in Hidalgo County Tuesday for four men accused in the shooting death of a little girl was postponed.

Authorities say the suspects — identified as Juan Roman Garcia Olaguez of Alton, William Garcia, of McAllen, Marco Antonio Chairez of Alton and Daniel Guzman Flores of Mission — shot up a home near Mission two years ago.

A bullet pierced through the home and hit the little girl while she was watching TV.

Authorities believe the shooting was a result of a dispute between neighbors.

Both men are now schedules to appear in court next month.

https://www.krgv.com/news/capital-mu...n-mission-home

Man sentenced for fatal drive-by shooting of 6-year-old girl who was watching TV at home

By Steven Masso
    valleycentral.com

MISSION, Texas (ValleyCentral) — An Alton man was sentenced to prison in connection to the fatal shooting of a 6-year-old girl.

Marco Antonio Reyes Chairez was sentenced to 50 years in state jail Tuesday after pleading guilty to the charge, the Hidalgo County Clerk Office told ValleyCentral.

Chairez was arrested on charges of capital murder of a person under 10 years old and one count of murder in connection to the 2021 killing.
    On Feb. 23, 2021, deputies responded to South Mile 6 on La Homa Road and then east of Valencia Avenue in rural Mission.

When they arrived authorities found the child dead inside her home with a gunshot wound to the head.

“The child was … on the bed watching television when she was struck by gunfire. We believe the projectile went through two walls,” Hidalgo County Sheriff Eddie Guerra said during a press conference two days after the shooting. “It struck her in the head, she died instantly.”

At the time, Guerra said they suspected the motive to be a dispute with neighbors or somebody in the neighborhood.

Investigators met with the victim’s parents and neighbors who helped identify three vehicles that drove by the house shooting, according to previous ValleyCentral reports.

Deputies additionally arrested Daniel Guzman Flores, William Garcia and Juan Roman Garcia Olaguez on charges of capital murder of a person under 10 years old and one count of murder.

While being questioned, Flores admitted to helping Chairez in the shooting. Investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest and he was found hiding in the attic of a relatives house, the previous reports stated.
    “They are cowards, and because it was an innocent 6-year-old child involved, all members of my staff, especially our special major crimes unit, we are going to work tirelessly until we bring all these suspects that are involved in this case to justice,” Guerra said in 2021.

Chairez’s sentence came after signing a plea agreement Tuesday.

https://www.valleycentral.com/news/l...ng-tv-at-home/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information