Thread: Kevin Kidd and Emmanuel Kilpatrick Charged with Capital Murder in 2017 TX Slaying of Lisa Saenz and Albert Douglas

Kevin Kidd and Emmanuel Kilpatrick Charged with Capital Murder in 2017 TX Slaying of Lisa Saenz and Albert Douglas

Dallas police officer arrested for alleged involvement in kidnap and murder plot, faces death penalty

A Dallas police officer was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of murder for his alleged role in the 2017 kidnapping and murder of two people, Lisa Saenz, 31, and Albert Douglas, 61. The officer, Bryan Riser, faces the death penalty if convicted.

Riser, who had been on the force since 2008, was fingered as the mastermind of two separate, unrelated kidnapping and murder plots in 2017 by an unidentified man who claimed in 2019 that he actually carried out the killings at Riser's direction. Three men were arrested and charged with Saenz's murder in 2017, but Douglas' body has not yet been found.

The Dallas Police Department identified Riser as a person of interest in connection with both deaths in 2019 and sought to enlist the help of the FBI to further investigate the crimes. However, there was not enough evidence available at the time to arrest him. As a result, Riser was permitted to continue to patrol the streets of Dallas for over a year while being investigated for murder.

Police Chief Eddie Garcia said at a news conference announcing Riser's arrest that the department is reviewing all of Riser's arrests since the investigation began, just to make sure "there is nothing more there."

Garcia also said that Riser had a relationship with at least one of his alleged victims, but did not otherwise specify or characterize the nature of that relationship.

Due to police union rules, even though Riser is currently in custody, he has not yet been terminated from the force, but Garcia promised that steps will be taken to expedite his termination, saying, "This individual has no business wearing this uniform ... no one hates a bad cop more than a good cop."

Incredibly, this is Riser's second arrest since he joined the Dallas Police Department. Riser was arrested in 2017 and charged with "Assault Family Violence – Bodily Injury," a misdemeanor. At that time he was placed on administrative leave subject to an internal affairs investigation, which ultimately ended with him being allowed to return to the force.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dallas...ap-murder-plot
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Two Men Who Claimed an Ex-Dallas Cop Paid Them to Kill Two People Indicted After the Officer’s Murder Case Fell Apart

Two Texas men who earlier this year claimed that former Dallas Police Officer Bryan Riser paid them to kill a man—leading to Riser’s arrest and dismissal from the force—have been indicted for capital murder, local outlet NewsRadio 1080 reported Wednesday.

According to the report, Kevin Kidd, 32, and Emmanuel Kilpatrick, 34, both from Dallas, were indicted for the Feb. 25, 2017, murder of 61-year-old Albert Douglas.

Before the criminal case against him fell apart earlier this year, Riser was arrested in March and charged with two counts of capital murder. At least one of those counts was the direct result of Kilpatrick and Kidd telling law enforcement that Riser directed them to kill Douglas and 31-year-old Lisa Marie Saenz, then dump their bodies in the Trinity River as part of a murder-for-hire plot.

Riser’s attorney Toby Shook said the allegations against his client from Kidd and Kilpatrick should never have been believed in the first place.

Calling Kidd and Kilpatrick’s allegations “completely false,” Shook told NewsRadio “it was proven at the hearing that they are not credible in that regard.”

“They are guilty, and their admissions are true about their own involvement in that killing,” Shook added. “And I’m sure that they will then be prosecuted quickly by the DA’s office regarding that killing.”

Following Riser’s arrest, Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia said that witnesses had come forward and implicated the 13-year Dallas PD veteran in the murders, stating that both killings appeared to be personal in nature and not connected to any of Riser’s work with the department.

“No one hates a bad cop more than a good cop,” Garcia said in March, adding that Riser had “no business wearing that uniform.” Garcia fired Riser soon after an internal departmental investigation.

But the criminal case against Riser quickly evaporated. Among other things, the department admitted that it was incorrect when it said that cellphone data compiled by the FBI showed that Riser was near the site where both murders happened, and in April, a state judge and prosecutors agreed to drop the charges against him due to insufficient probable cause to move forward with the prosecution.

Riser, who had been behind bars for about a month, called out the Dallas Police Department for disrespecting and embarrassing him.

“This department I used to love and respect — they have disrespected me. They’ve embarrassed me and they’ve embarrassed my family all over make believe lies. I was 100% innocent from the get-go. I just want to go be with my family,” he said.

He also called the accusations by Kidd and Kilpatrick a “make-believe lie.”

Indeed, Riser had maintained his innocence all along. Those observing the case found it odd from the get-go that the Dallas Police Department would have allowed Riser to continue patrolling for more than a year while he was being investigated for murder. Police said that Riser was a “person of interest” in at least one of the killings dating back to 2019.

Chief Garcia said he was “disappointed” Riser’s charges were dismissed and vowed to continue investigating the case—but no new evidence has come to light, at least publicly, in the ensuing months to date.

Riser’s legal problems continued after his criminal case. The Dallas Morning News reported earlier this month on alarming testimony by his wife in a child-custody battle in May, alleging a pattern of violence.

“He told me that he would kill me if I were to take the children out of the Metroplex,’’ the ex-wife, whom the paper declined to name, reportedly testified in a May 20 court hearing. “I had no other choice. It was for my safety.’”

Riser denied those allegations, as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawandc...ell-apart/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Dallas homicide detective accused of perjury, tampering with records in murder investigation against fellow officer

Montenegro is on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation into his handling of the March 2021 arrest of former Dallas officer Bryan Riser

By Tanya Eiserer
    WFAA News

DALLAS — A Dallas homicide detective is under criminal investigation over allegations that he perjured himself and tampered with records during the capital murder investigation against a fellow police officer.

The Dallas Police Department has referred two felony counts of tampering with government records and one felony count of perjury to the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office involving Detective Esteban Montenegro.

Montenegro is on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation into his handling of the March 2021 arrest of former Dallas Police Officer Bryan Riser.

WFAA has also confirmed that District Attorney John Creuzot has recused his office, and the Kaufman County District Attorney’s Office has taken over.

Kaufman County District Attorney Erleigh Wiley told WFAA that her office was appointed as special prosecutors on the case and “recently received the case from Dallas County.”

“We just started reviewing the documents,” Wiley said.

She described the records as “voluminous.”

“There are more documents to be received from Dallas County,” she said. “We will not be making a filing decision until we completely review the Dallas DA’s Office file.”

Messina Madson, an attorney representing Montenegro, said her client has complete faith that the justice system will clear him.

“He was acting in good faith at all times,” she said.

A judge found there was no evidence to hold Riser and ordered his release last April at the conclusion of an extraordinary three-hour hearing, in which Montenegro came under intense questioning from both the defense and prosecution.

During the hearing, Montenegro adamantly argued that he believed there was sufficient probable cause for the arrest. The prosecutor disagreed, saying he did not believe that police had enough probable cause.

Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia announced Riser's arrest on March 4, 2021. The chief said investigators developed evidence that the 12-year veteran paid to have two people killed in 2017. He fired Riser a few days later.

Arrest warrants for Riser’s arrest show police based much of their case on the word of Emmanuel Kilpatrick, a convicted killer.

Kilpatrick had been in jail for about two years when he came forward in August 2019, claiming that Riser had hired him to kill Lisa Saenz and Albert Douglas.

However, issues with Montenegro’s handling of the case quickly became apparent.

The original warrants, signed by a judge, said a preliminary analysis from the FBI "revealed that the suspect's cellphone placed him in or about the area during the time frame" of both victims' disappearances and subsequent killings.

However, after Riser’s arrest, Montenegro returned to the judge and that information had been taken out because it was not true. Cellphone data did not place Riser’s phone at the time of the killings.

Montenegro testified during the hearing he made a mistake, which he attributed to a “cut and paste error.”

Riser is appealing his termination and continues to maintain his innocence, his attorney Toby Shook said.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...f-eb9611b7130b
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information