Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Derek Chauvin Sentenced to 22 Years and 6 Months in 2020 MN Death of George Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by caseyjimenez1 View Post
    Why is this? Oh silly me it because a white killed a black your a total racist
    Would you be saying the same if chauvin killed a white person? I very much doubt it
    Chauvin is guilty and is deserving of the sentence imposed

If George Floyd had killed chauvin you would all be demanding execution

I think itÂ’s about time the people who run this site oust the racists
    Your post is stupid & offensive, you jump to conclusions when you don't even know me. Colour of skin has nothing to do with it. Floyd was a habitual user of dangerous drugs - that day he overdosed (as addicts of all colours often do, especially ones with underlying health conditions), Derek was in the wrong place at the wrong time, violent pyromaniacs went on the rampage as a result of Floyd's death & as such it was necessary for the authorities to offer up Derek as a sacrificial lamb & subject him to an unfair trial & impose a way OTT sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubby View Post
    Did you not watch the video?
    Yes I did, police bodycam footage in addition to Ms Frasier's phone footage, I observed that Floyd had foam coming out of his mouth before Chauvin arrived, he complained about inability to breathe before any officer present attempted to put him in the back of the vehicle, he asked to be placed on the ground, Chauvin's left knee was actually on Floyd's shoulder-blade with his weight distributed through the right side of his body, whilst on the ground Floyd admitted to taking too many drugs & also could move his head.

Wilso
    Well either way Derek Chauvin deserves some sentence and for him to not be a cop ever.

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spaniel-lover View Post
    Your post is stupid & offensive, you jump to conclusions when you don't even know me. Colour of skin has nothing to do with it. Floyd was a habitual user of dangerous drugs - that day he overdosed (as addicts of all colours often do, especially ones with underlying health conditions), Derek was in the wrong place at the wrong time, violent pyromaniacs went on the rampage as a result of Floyd's death & as such it was necessary for the authorities to offer up Derek as a sacrificial lamb & subject him to an unfair trial & impose a way OTT sentence.

Yes I did, police bodycam footage in addition to Ms Frasier's phone footage, I observed that Floyd had foam coming out of his mouth before Chauvin arrived, he complained about inability to breathe before any officer present attempted to put him in the back of the vehicle, he asked to be placed on the ground, Chauvin's left knee was actually on Floyd's shoulder-blade with his weight distributed through the right side of his body, whilst on the ground Floyd admitted to taking too many drugs & also could move his head.
    Looks like we have someone here that thinks cops can do no wrong. This guy is 100% guilty and the sentenced is just. And no I am not a cop hater. I took a look at what was in front of me. If the shoes were on the other foot, I would think the same.

I still don't understand how it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions contributed in any measure to Floyd's death.

It wasn't.

See posts #26, 29 and 39 by Schmutz. It would seem that, under the law applicable in Minnesota, the standard was incredibly easy for the state to meet.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Former officers involved in George Floyd's death plead not guilty

By Kiara Alfonseca
    abcnews.com

Four former Minneapolis police officers involved in the death of George Floyd pleaded not guilty to charges in federal court Tuesday.

Derek Chauvin, Thomas Lane, J. Alexander Kueng and Tou Thao have been charged with violating Floyd’s constitutional rights in ways that “resulted in bodily injury to, and the death of, George Floyd,” according to the federal grand jury indictment.

The hearing may address some of the pretrial motions, including requests from Lane, Kueng and Thao asking to separate their cases from Chauvin's. Chauvin was convicted in Floyd's murder in April 2021 and his fellow ex-officers argue that they would not get a fair trial if connected to Chauvin.

Floyd was killed in May 2020 when he was placed under arrest on the suspicion that he was using a counterfeit $20 bill to buy cigarettes at a convenience store.

Chauvin was found guilty of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter for pressing his knee against Floyd's neck for more than nine minutes. He was sentenced to 22 and-a-half-years in prison.

Judge Peter Cahill rejected Chauvin's request for a new trial in June.

The federal indictment accuses Chauvin, Thao, Kueng and Lane of depriving Floyd of his rights when they witnessed him "in clear need" of medical care but instead "willfully failed to aid Floyd."

Thao and Kueng are charged with violating Floyd’s right to be free from unreasonable seizure. All four officers are also charged with depriving Floyd of his rights when they failed to provide him with medical care. The officers acted "with deliberate indifference to a substantial risk of harm," the indictment said.

Lane, Kueng and Thao also face a state trial on charges of aiding and abetting second-degree murder and aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter and have entered not guilty pleas on those charges as well.

While Chauvin kneeled on Floyd's neck at times during the arrest, Kueng kneeled on his back and Lane held down Floyd’s legs, according to evidence presented in state court. Thao blocked bystanders from getting involved.

The indictment also accuses Chauvin of violating Floyd's right to be free from unreasonable seizure or force by a law enforcement officer.

Following Chauvin's murder conviction, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that the Justice Department has opened a pattern or practice investigation into the City of Minneapolis. The Minneapolis Police Department said it would investigate unconstitutional or unlawful policing in the city.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/office...ry?id=80009039
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Derek is appealing his conviction, he has been denied legal aid/assistance & as such must defend himself - however his many supporters are ready willing & able to help out financially, good luck Derek!

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    I still don't understand how it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions contributed in any measure to Floyd's death.
    Probably because there was a video of him kneeling on Floyd for 9 minutes while he repeatedly said he couldn't breathe, but that's just my guess.
    Last edited by one_two_bomb; 09-28-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information