Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gerald Cornelius Eldridge - Texas Death Row

COA denied today by the 5th Circuit:

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions...13-70023.0.pdf

GERALD CORNELIUS ELDRIDGE v William Stephens

In today's opinions, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals DENIED Eldridge's petition for rehearing. The court also withdrew their January opinion and granted Eldridge a COA.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Federal habeas relief denied yesterday by the 5th Circuit, again.

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions...13-70023.2.pdf

Article

Court: Texas Death Row Inmate May Have Faked Mental Illness

A Texas death row inmate may have faked mental illness to avoid execution for the fatal shooting of his ex-girlfriend and her daughter 23 years ago in Houston, a federal appeals court said.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling late Monday agrees with a lower court and moves Gerald Eldridge, 52, a step closer to execution, despite his claim of mental illness.

The U.S. Supreme Court has said mentally ill people can be executed if they have a factual and rational understanding of why they're being punished.

Eldridge in 2009 was less than two hours from his scheduled lethal injection in Huntsville when U.S. District Judge Lee Rosenthal halted the punishment. His lawyers had argued Eldridge was too mentally ill to be executed and Rosenthal said the claim needed to be examined.

At a 2013 hearing, Rosenthal heard testimony from four mental health experts — two from Eldridge's lawyers and two from the state — and ruled that while there was evidence of mental illness, there was extensive evidence inconsistent with his claims of incompetence, particularly that he faked symptoms in a behavior known to psychologists as malingering.

Attorneys now could take their appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. Eldridge's lead lawyer, Lee Wilson, didn't immediately respond to messages Tuesday from The Associated Press. In 2009, he described Eldridge as "completely detached from reality."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/c...lness-41745497
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

On October 20, 2016, the Fifth Circuit DENIED Eldridge's petition for en banc rehearing.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....es/16-8125.htm

In today's orders, the United States Supreme Court declined to review Eldridge's petition for certiorari.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
    Case Nos.: (13-70023)
    Decision Date: August 29, 2016
    Rehearing Denied: October 20, 2016
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

"How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

It’s a crime he’s still alive
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

@Bob, Eldridge is from Harris County. DA Kim Ogg will not move forward to signing off a death warrant for Eldridge. There are 28 on Texas' death row who are facing Huntsville.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

I know that. I mean it’s a crime that Ogg won’t do her job
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information