Thread: Joydan Ja’Niece Blackwell and Da’Marcus J. Gilliam Charged With Capital Murder In 2021 AL Murder Of Jon Kimber

Joydan Ja’Niece Blackwell and Da’Marcus J. Gilliam Charged With Capital Murder In 2021 AL Murder Of Jon Kimber

700EE7BB-4CE5-494A-AC3C-FC385926E51C.jpg
    Blackwell

89FBD4D2-7D3E-463E-A73F-721F683749AC.jpg
    Gilliam

18-year-old female charged with capital murder in fatal carjacking in Fairfield; more arrests expected

An 18-year-old is in custody in connection with the carjacking and shooting death of a man in Fairfield.

Joydan Ja’Niece Blackwell, who lives near Forestdale, was book into the Jefferson County Jail at 1:03 a.m. Friday. She is charged with capital murder in the slaying of 27-year-old Jon Paul Matthew Kimber.

Blackwell is also charged with first-degree theft of property, first-degree shooting into an occupied vehicle and first-degree robbery. Other arrests are expected.

Kimber was found slain shortly after 10 p.m. Wednesday at Gary Avenue and 49th Street in downtown Fairfield. A passerby discovered Kimber unresponsive in an area between Payless Drugs and another building. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

A man was found shot to death Wednesday, June 16, 2021, in downtown Fairfield.
    Sgt. Joni Money said Blackwell and the other unnamed suspects are accused of trying to rob Kimber of his vehicle. When he fought back, he was shot multiple times. His car was then stolen.

Money said the suspects and Kimber were acquaintances.

Authorities on Thursday asked for the public’s help locating Kimber’s Nissan Sentra. That vehicle has since been recovered.

Blackwell’s bond on the theft, shooting and robbery charges totals $120,000 but she is being held without bond on the capital murder charge.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 205-325-1450 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al....outputType=amp
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 06-25-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Second 18-year-old suspect sought in killing of man during a carjacking in Fairfield

A search is underway for a second teen suspect wanted in connection with the shooting death of a 27-year-old man killed during a carjacking in Fairfield last week.

Da’Marcus Gilliam, 18, is charged with capital murder in the June 16 slaying of Jon Paul Matthew Kimber. Authorities last week arrested 18-year-old Joydan Ja’Niece Blackwell on a capital murder charge as well.

Kimber was found slain shortly after 10 p.m. Wednesday at Gary Avenue and 49th Street in downtown Fairfield.

A passerby discovered Kimber unresponsive in an area between Payless Drugs and another building. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Jefferson County sheriff’s Sgt. Joni Money said the suspects are accused of trying to rob Kimber of his vehicle. When he fought back, he was shot multiple times. His car was then stolen.

Authorities on Thursday asked for the public’s help locating Kimber’s Nissan Sentra. That vehicle has since been recovered.

Anyone with information on Gilliam’s whereabouts is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 205-325-1450 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

18-year-old wanted in Fairfield murder during carjacking now in custody

The second suspect in the slaying of a man during a Fairfield carjacking is now in custody.

Da’Marcus Gilliam, 18, was booked into the Jefferson County Jail about 9 p.m. on Wednesday, authorities announced Friday. He is charged with capital murder in the June 16 shooting death of 27-year-old Jon Paul Matthew Kimber.

Authorities last week arrested 18-year-old Joydan Ja’Niece Blackwell on a capital murder charge as well.

Kimber was found slain shortly after 10 p.m. that Wednesday at Gary Avenue and 49th Street in downtown Fairfield

A passerby discovered Kimber unresponsive in an area between Payless Drugs and another building. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Jefferson County sheriff’s Sgt. Joni Money said the suspects are accused of trying to rob Kimber of his vehicle. When he fought back, he was shot multiple times. His car was then stolen.

Detectives are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the murder and more arrests are expected.

Anyone with information on Gilliam’s whereabouts is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 205-325-1450 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.

Thread Information