Thread: Joshua Deshaun Lowe Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 TX Murder of 11-Month-Old Javontae Neeley

Joshua Deshaun Lowe Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 TX Murder of 11-Month-Old Javontae Neeley

4274A529-EC16-419D-870C-397C26DBE059.jpeg
    Lowe

Texarkana man arrested for capital murder

TEXARKANA, Texas — A 28-year-old man has been arrested for capital murder in Texarkana.

According to police, an 11-month-old boy had been brought into the emergency room at a local hospital by Joshua Lowe and the boys mother.

The child was not breathing and showed several signs of injury. Doctors were able to stabilize the boy, but he had to be transferred to Arkansas Children’s Hospital where he died two days later.

Lowe had been watching the child while the mother was at work, according to police.

During an interview with detectives, Lowe explained what happened that did not make any sense in the light of the injuries he the child.

Lowe was originally arrested for aggravated assault and booked into the Bi-State Jail.

After the child passed, a warrant for capital murder was obtained.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...b-de3e8a02191a
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Bail is set at $7 million for man accused of capital murder in death of 11-month-old boy

TEXARKANA, Texas —Bail has been set at $7 million for a man accused of capital murder in the death this week of an 11-month-old boy.

Joshua Deshaun Lowe, 28, appeared before Bowie County Justice of the Peace Nancy Talley for a magistrate's hearing in the Bowie County jail Friday morning on the charge involving the death of Javontae Neeley. Talley set Lowe's bail at $7 million.
    Javontae would have had his first birthday next month.

Javontae was transported Sunday to a local hospital in a private car, according to a probable cause affidavit. The boy was not breathing and was found to be suffering from bleeding in his brain, broken ribs and "shoulders that showed signs of healing."

"The child was covered in bruises of various ages," the affidavit states.

Javontae was reportedly in Lowe's care while his mother was at work Sunday. Lowe allegedly contacted her at her job and claimed the child became unresponsive after choking on a hot dog.

In an interview with Texarkana, Texas, police, Lowe allegedly provided a different account. Lowe allegedly claimed he dropped the young boy after he vomited on him and that the boy fell backward and struck his head on a table after landing on his bottom.

"Lowe used a doll to demonstrate how he dropped (Javontae). He dropped the doll from one or two feet in the air," the affidavit states.

The child's mother allegedly "advised that she had seen Lowe be abusive with both of her children," according to the affidavit.

The mother allegedly told police that she has seen Lowe strike Javontae in the face while wearing boxing gloves on 10 different occasions. Police were allegedly told that when Javontae suffered a dislocated shoulder, Lowe "re-set" the shoulder himself and medical attention was not sought for the boy.

Capital murder is the most serious charge listed in the Texas Penal Code. The offense, if a suspect is convicted, is punishable by death or life without the possibility of parole.

Lowe is currently being held in the Bowie County jail.

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...ld-boy/879532/

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Mother's boyfriend indicted for capital murder in death of 11-month-old

by Lynn LaRowe

TEXARKANA, Texas -- A Texarkana man has been indicted for capital murder in the death of an 11-month-old boy and the child's mother has been indicted for allegedly failing to protect him.

Joshua Deshaun Lowe, 28, is accused in the July death of young Javontae Neeley. The boy's mother, Christy Wedgeworth, has been charged with injury to a child by omission.

Javontae was admitted to a local hospital July 11 after being transported in a private car from a house in the 800 block of Bowie Street in Texarkana, Texas. Lowe allegedly claimed initially that the child choked on a hot dog.
    Javontae died in a Little Rock hospital July 13.

Wedgeworth was reportedly at work when the boy suffered a fatal head injury but other injuries, including broken arms and ribs, were older and in various stages of healing.

"The healing injuries were at least seven to ten days older than the injury to the head," the affidavit states.

In an interview with Texarkana, Texas, police, Lowe allegedly provided a different account. Lowe allegedly claimed he dropped the young boy after he vomited on him and that the boy fell backward and struck his head on a table after landing on his bottom.

"Lowe used a doll to demonstrate how he dropped (Javontae). He dropped the doll from one or two feet in the air," the affidavit states.

Javontae was found to have suffered a brain bleed and retinal hemorrhaging consistent with being violently shaken. A doctor at Arkansas Children's Hospital allegedly advised that Javontae had been thrown or slammed onto a hard surface.

The child's mother allegedly "advised that she had seen Lowe be abusive with both of her children," according to the affidavit.

The mother allegedly told police that she has seen Lowe strike Javontae in the face while wearing boxing gloves on 10 different occasions. Police were allegedly told that when Javontae suffered a dislocated shoulder, Lowe "re-set" the shoulder himself and medical attention was not sought for the boy.

Investigators were allegedly told by the medical examiner that Javontae suffered a broken arm, not a dislocated shoulder, and that Lowe likely caused the injury to increase in severity when he attempted to "re-set" it by twisting the boy's arm.

Lowe has been charged with injury to a child in connection with the multiple injuries Javontae allegedly suffered in advance of the fatal head injury. He has also been charged with injury to a child in connection with physical abuse allegedly suffered by Javontae's 4-year-old sister. Wedgeworth is charged with a second count of injury to a child by omission for allegedly failing to protect her daughter.

Lowe is being held in the Bowie County jail with bail set at $7.4 million. If found guilty of capital murder in Javontae's death, he faces death by lethal injection or life without the possibility of parole. If found guilty of injury to a child in connection with the injuries Javontae received before his death, Lowe faces five to 99 years or life in prison.

If found guilty of injury to a child for allegedly abusing Javontae's older sister, Lowe faces two to 10 years in prison.

Wedgeworth is facing five to 99 years or life in prison if found guilty of injury to a child by omission involving Javontae and two to 10 years in prison if found guilty of injury to a child by omission involving her daughter.

Wedgeworth is being held in the Bowie County jail with bail set at $1 million.

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...tal-murder-in/

Edited:

State waives possible death sentence for a man accused in death of Texarkana infant

By Lynn LaRowe
    Texarkana Gazette

TEXARKANA, Texas -- A man accused in the death of an 11-month-old child will not face the death penalty if convicted of capital murder, an assistant Bowie County district attorney announced Monday.

Joshua Deshaun Lowe, 28, appeared Monday afternoon before 5th District Judge Bill Miller.

Lowe is accused of capital murder in the July death of young Javontae Neeley. He is charged with injury to a child in connection with older, healing injuries allegedly found on the boy's body and with a second count of injury to a child involving injuries he allegedly inflicted on Javontae's older sister.

Assistant District Attorney Katie Carter said the state will not seek the death penalty for Lowe on the capital murder charge. That means he faces an automatic sentence of life without parole if found guilty of the offense.

Assistant Public Defender Bart Craytor said his office cannot represent Lowe because it already represents Javontae's mother, Christy Wedgeworth. Miller appointed Texarkana lawyer Butch Dunbar to represent Lowe and rescheduled his case for arraignment Nov. 29.

Wedgeworth has been charged with two counts of injury to a child by omission in connection with Javontae's death and the injuries allegedly found on her daughter. Craytor entered pleas of not guilty on her behalf. Miller scheduled Wedgeworth's trial for November 2022.

Javontae was admitted to a local hospital July 11 after being transported in a private car from a house in the 800 block of Bowie Street in Texarkana, Texas, according to a probable cause affidavit. Lowe allegedly claimed initially that the child choked on a hot dog.

Javontae died in a Little Rock hospital July 13.

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...nce-for-a-man/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

You’ve got to be kidding me? This is the second time this year the Bowie County prosecutor has dropped the death penalty against a child killer. He needs to be investigated

Bowie County mother sentenced to 60 years for failing to protect child from killer boyfriend

By Tracy Gladney
    KTBS News

NEW BOSTON, Texas – A Bowie County mother, Christy Wedgeworth, was sentenced to 60 years on Thursday for injury to a child by omission in the abuse of her 11-month-old son who was beaten to death by her boyfriend, Joshua Lowe, in July.

The child died after suffering a fatal head trauma consistent with being shaken violently. According to an affidavit, the boy had been slammed or thrown onto a hard surface and the autopsy reported older injuries, as evidence the mother failed to protect her child.

Lowe was found guilty of capital murder in the child’s death in October and sentenced to life without parole.

https://www.ktbs.com/news/bowie-coun...89542bc45.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information