Thread: Anthony Quinn Francois - Texas Death Row

Anthony Quinn Francois - Texas Death Row

Facts of the Crime:

On September 11, 2003, in Harris County, Francois fatally shot three children: Nikesha Patterson, 15, Ashley Patterson, 11, and Britanny Patterson, 10.

Francois was sentenced to death in June 2004.

On March 9, 2010, Francois filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/tex...v00837/739449/

More info on this case.

July 28, 2004

Man who killed ex's sisters sentenced to death

By ANDREW TILGHMAN
    The Houston Chronicle

A Harris County jury sentenced Anthony Quinn Francois to death today for killing the young sisters of his ex-girlfriend.

"This man slaughtered a family, and I think the verdict the jury gave was highly appropriate," Assistant District Attorney Terese Buess said after the verdict this morning.

Francois, 36, was convicted last week of killing Ashley Patterson, 11, and Britteny Patterson, 10, on Sept. 11, 2003.

He also was accused, but not tried, in the shooting death of another sister, Naikesha Patterson, 15.

Francois told police he shot the girls in a fit of jealous rage after learning that his ex-girlfriend, only 16 then, was dating a boy closer to her own age. He also wounded her and her mother.

Several family members expressed forgiveness in victim impact statements read by the young victims' cousin, 19-year-old Lakeyda Patterson, after the sentencing.

"I forgive you for what you did. I cannot judge you; only God can do that," wrote the victims' grandmother, Dorothy Patterson.

Francois was seated and staring down at the defense table as he listened to the statement written by 17-year-old Shemeka Patterson, whom he dated when she was 14 and whose rejection fueled his murderous rage.

"I know you tried to destroy my life, but you didn't," she wrote. "Even though my sisters are in a better place, I'm still holding my head up high."

Francois' mother had pleaded for leniency, telling jurors her son was a child of rape and a victim of abuse by his stepfather.

Francois' family members declined to comment on the sentence.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...th-1659588.php

Appellant was convicted in July 2004 of capital murder. (1) The State's evidence at the guilt stage showed that appellant became jealous of the interest that his teen-age girlfriend, Shemika, showed in another boy. He walked into Shemika's home at 2:00 a.m. one night with a gun, and confronted her mother, Sheila, in her bedroom. When Sheila ran screaming into the bedroom of her four daughters, appellant followed. He shot and killed Shemika's two youngest sisters, Ashley and Brittany, in their top bunk bed; he shot and killed her younger sister, Naikeshia, in another bed, and he shot-but did not kill-both Sheila and Shemika.

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinio...anthony-quinn/

On June 2, 2021, Francois filed an appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/ci...s/ca5/21-70003
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar

Thread Information