Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty Pursued For Tico Franklin In 2021 PA Murder Of Brian Hunter

Death Penalty Pursued For Tico Franklin In 2021 PA Murder Of Brian Hunter

6D3A2369-9349-476E-8E56-35B36236DEF8.jpg
    Franklin

DA seeks death penalty in murder of Bedford County man

Kaitlyn Hall

BEDFORD COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Bedford County District Attorney’s office filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty in the case against Tico Franklin.

“We have just received a large portion of the Commonwealth’s evidence and we are still sorting through it to see what role Mr. Franklin played, and we are working with his family to get a fuller picture of his background and who he is,” co-counsel for Franklin, Dan Kiss said.

Franklin, 38, is accused of killing 62-year-old, Brian Hunter, of Bedford County, in April. Franklin got into an argument with Hunter’s daughter and “put his hands on her,” according to the charges filed. The daughter then called Hunter who arrived at the scene and told Franklin to leave, police said.

Police said Franklin shot Hunter multiple times before stealing a bullet-proof vest and car keys to flee the scene. Franklin fled Bedford County and traveled to Maryland in the stolen vehicle, according to police.

The vehicle was located on Interstate 70 in Maryland, and Franklin was taken into custody.

Franklin is charged with criminal homicide, murder of the first and third degree, aggravated assault, robbery and reckless endangerment.

Franklin is also represented by attorney Michael Filia. The next court date is a status conference scheduled for Oct. 13.

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/...ounty-man/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Wilso
    Honestly, why do they still pursue the death penalty in Pennsylvania? It is the worst death penalty state currently.

It’s not the state it’s the Governor. They need to get him out of there.

Edit: Wolfe will be replaced in 2023 cause of term limits
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 09-16-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Wilso
    Well 97% of death penalty reversals leads to a non death sentence so I doubt it's just the governor. Mark Schweiker and Tom Corbett were supposed Republicans but had no executions in their terms.

Edit: 10 years ago, Pennsylvania had 219 death row inmates. Today, its nearly halved to 113.
    Last edited by Wilso; 09-16-2021 at 12:16 PM.

The reason there were no executions during their terms is because no inmates with exhausted appeals. Paul Gamboa Taylor exhausted appeals in 2014 but immediately filed another appeal to the Third Circuit which is pending. All other inmates with cert denied happened while Wolfe is governor

Wilso
    Oh okay. Seems kinda odd that it took 15 years for another inmate to exhaust appeals. So do you believe Pennsylvania will have an execution ever again?

It’s definitely possible. Most of the Republicans who are currently running are strong contenders. There’s currently only two democrats running. I don’t know their stance but one of them isn’t really a Biden fan. It could go either way now but one of the republicans running is the most popular republican in the entire state

Wilso
    I really hope so because Pennsylvania's death row features quite a heinous bunch of scum. Michael Ballard, Paul Gamboa Taylor, Richard Baumhammers, Michelle Sue Tharp, George Emil Banks, Ralph Birdsong, Orlando Baez, Ronald Taylor, and Jerry Chambers are some of the worst in the PA row.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    George Banks will never ever be executed even if there's a governor with the willpower to resume executions. The guy is nuts and has been declared incompetent to be executed by a judge to boot.

Wilso
    I am aware which is a shame. Paul Gamboa Taylor should be first facing execution when the time arises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information