Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos of Death Row Cells by State

Member Newbie
    some of cells reminds me my obligatory military service days. we were stay and sleep just like these kind of rooms and ate horrible meals. i think federal military death row cells looks quite clean and comfy. they are almost like hotel rooms. i think worst one Polunsky unit death row cells in Texas . they are basically dirty and moldy small cages.
    Last edited by medsarpent; 09-28-2021 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by medsarpent View Post
    some of cells reminds me my military service days. we are stay and sleep just like these kind of places. i think federal military death row cells looks quite comfy. they are almost like hotel rooms. i think worst one Polunsky unit death row cells in Texas . they are basically small cages.
    My favorite is Indiana. There’s a documentary about Indiana’s death row where it shows that the condemned can make their big cells look like college dorms, you get to play video games, and you get a pet cat
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Member Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    It’s also funny cause that means all them death row “Tough Guys” such as Ponchai Wilkerson and Gary Graham were quivering in their balbriggans shortly before they went to sleep forever. Also fun fact: witnesses said that both serial killers Kenneth McDuff and Angel Maturino Resendez were trembling in fear as they were on the gurney. Also, McDuff is the only execution in Texas where there were zilch protesters. Even the antis (aside from Prejean probably) knew he had to go
    it's quite interesting Angel Maturino Resendez were trembling in fear as he were on the gurney because according to Wikipedia Reséndiz said, "I don't believe in death. I know the body is going to go to waste. But me, as a person, I'm eternal. I'm going to be alive forever." He also described himself as half-man and half-angel and told psychiatrists he could not be executed because he did not believe he could die.

He was probably trying to appear intellectually disabled. Daryl Atkins was commuted shortly before he was executed

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Member Newbie
    it looks like they buried people alive in Oklahoma.

Might as well be. All inmates at Oklahoma State Penitentiary spend 24 hours every day in their cell except for certain occasions. Not only that but the cells are sound proof

Edit: only death row inmates have these underground tomb-like cells

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    The Military look the nicest and most spacious to me.

I agree it is nice compared to the rest. It has a nice size desk and a mirror over the sink, and it's not dark and dreary like the other cells.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by medsarpent View Post
    it looks like they buried people alive in Oklahoma.
    Oklahoma death row is underground so technically you're right

My favorite is Indiana. There’s a documentary about Indiana’s death row where it shows that the condemned can make their big cells look like college dorms, you get to play video games, and you get a pet cat
    Please God tell me they don't give serial killers a pet cat
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information