Thread: Death Penalty Pursued for Todd Alan Stricklin in In 2021 TN Murder Of Deputy Matthew Locke

Death Penalty Pursued for Todd Alan Stricklin in In 2021 TN Murder Of Deputy Matthew Locke

616ED5C8-0396-49A8-87E7-E6ACC2103222.jpeg
    Deputy Locke

028E9730-E9AA-40DE-9C11-37E485074DC4.jpg
    Stricklin

TBI: Hardin Co. deputy killed in shooting, Clifton man charged

HARDIN COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating a deadly shooting involving a Hardin County deputy.

According to a release from the TBI, the shooting happened just after 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Deputies with the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office and an officer with the Clifton Police Department were called to a home in the 3000 block of Nance Bend Road in Clifton for a domestic disturbance.

Upon arrival, officers made contact with Todd Alan Stricklin, who was armed with a gun. Officers ordered him to drop the weapon but Stricklin refused. As Hardin County deputy Matthew Locke approached the home to assist, Stricklin shot him. Locke was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.

The Hardin County Sheriff’s Department posted a statement to their Facebook page:

“In addition to serving his community as a law enforcement officer, Deputy Locke served his country as a member of the Tennessee National Guard. We remember Deputy Locke for his selfless dedication, absolute courage and unparalleled commitment. Our country has lost a warrior. Our community has lost a hero. Our department has lost a brother. We will never forget Deputy Locke, and we are all forever in debt for his sacrifice.”

Stricklin ran from the scene into a wooded area. The release states numerous law enforcement agencies responded. A few hours later, Stricklin was located and taken into custody by troopers with the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

This morning, TBI Agents obtained an arrest warrant for Stricklin. He was charged with first degree murder and booked into the Hardin County Jail before being transferred to the Chester County Jail.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...e72Bns9SH0xuQa
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Nick Beres just posted on fb that the prosecutor said this will be a dp case.

I just hope they don't end up giving him a plea deal like they did, Curtis Watson.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

It’ll either be a Curtis Watson or a Steven Wiggins. Let’s hope it’s the latter

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I think this guy is going to dr and so is Cummins, the one who murdered 8 people.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

DA pursues death penalty is case of slain Hardin County deputy

As a Hardin County community mourns the loss of slain Deputy Matthew Locke, the District Attorney is pursuing the death penalty against his accused killer.

Locke, a Hardin County Sheriff's Office deputy and Tennessee National Guard member, was shot and killed in the line of duty over the weekend while responding to a domestic violence situation.

Authorities responded to the 3000 block of Nance Bend Road in Clifton just after 8:30 p.m. Saturday and found suspect Todd Alan Stricklin with a gun.

Officers ordered Stricklin to drop his weapon, which he reportedly refused to do. As Deputy Locke approached, police say Stricklin shot him.

Now, District Attorney Matt Stowe is trying to get justice for the fallen deputy. His office is treating the investigation as a death penalty case. Stowe's team is looking at all the evidence, gathering Stricklin's background information and determining if there were "aggregating factors," Stowe told FOX 17 News.

That process usually takes about 30 days.

"At first blush there appear to be aggravating factors in this case that's why I asked the death penalty team to review it immediately," Stowe said. "We are treating it as a death penalty case at this point until a final review is complete because we want to take extra care."

Stricklin is set to be arraigned Tuesday in which he will enter a plea and the judge will set a bond.

And while it will be some time before Stricklin answers for his alleged crime - a small community is left in mourning.

"Crime is bad everywhere but this is one of the safest places in the state of Tennessee because the public support law-enforcement so much and if you saw the reception that his body received last night you know that law enforcement loved him his brothers and sisters loved him," Stowe said. "Everyone here in a small community at least knows who somebody is and we are all hurting right now we're all morning together and the nice thing is in this community everyone is coming together to support law-enforcement and the family of law-enforcement because this is a community based on love not hate and the actions of this individual do not reflect the feelings of community."

Locke is remembered as a law enforcement officer, soldier and "fearless warrior."

"Deputy Locke was a deputy and soldier who served his community and his country with honor, courage, commitment, dedication and devotion," Hardin County Mayor Kevin Davis said. "Deputy Locke was known to be a fearless warrior with a servant’s heart.

Our community has lost a hero, and a family will never be the same, all because of this senseless tragedy."

(source: Fox News)

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Multiple-Count Indictment Returned in 2021 Death of Hardin County Deputy

SAVANNAH – An investigation by special agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has resulted in the indictment of a Clifton man in the September 2021 shooting death of a deputy with the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office.

On September 26, 2021, at the request of 24th District Attorney General Matt Stowe, TBI agents began investigating the on-duty homicide of Hardin County Deputy Matthew Locke. Deputy Locke was fatally wounded while responding to assist other deputies and officers during a domestic disturbance in the 3000 block of Nance Bend Road in Clifton. During the investigation, agents developed information that identified Todd Alan Stricklin as the individual responsible.

On March 21st, a Hardin County Grand Jury returned a 23-count indictment against Stricklin (DOB: 12/6/72), which include the following charges: First Degree Murder, Felony Murder, Attempted First Degree Murder (five counts), Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Dangerous Felony (five counts), Aggravated Kidnapping, Aggravated Assault (six counts), Domestic Assault, Interference with an Emergency Call, Reckless Endangerment, and Evading Arrest.

Stricklin remains in custody at the Chester County Jail where he is being held without bond.

https://tbinewsroom.com/2022/03/22/m...Sj4CEFvus7B_QU

Thread Information