Thread: Kevin Alexis Martinez in Custody For Capital Murder In 2021 TX Triple Murder

Kevin Alexis Martinez in Custody For Capital Murder In 2021 TX Triple Murder

7D412D87-D511-4AAB-9861-861EECBD3406.jpg
    Martinez

Victims identified in Midland County triple homicide

By William Russell

MIDLAND, Texas (KOSA) - UPDATE: The victims of Sunday’s deadly shooting have been identified as James Davidson, 23, Walter Ayala, 29, and Gilberto Tapia-Lopez, 35.

All three victims were from Midland.

Deputies in Midland County are searching for a suspect wanted in connection to a triple homicide.

Kevin Alexis Martinez, 23, is wanted for three counts of capital murder.

According to the Midland County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were called to the 1200 block of East County Road 124 at 2 a.m. for a disturbance.

When deputies arrived, they found that three people had been shot and killed. The suspect, identified as Martinez, had fled the scene.

Arrest warrants have now been issued for Martinez.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call 694-TIPS or use the mobile app P3 TIPS. You will remain anonymous and if your tip leads to an arrest, you will earn a cash reward of up to $1,000.

https://www.cbs7.com/2021/10/17/midl...iple-homicide/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Man with three capital murder warrants out of Midland County arrested in Hereford

By Matthew Watkins
    ABC News

AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) — A man with three warrants for capital murder in Midland County was arrested in Hereford on Thursday night, according to Hereford Police.

A release from Police Chief Brent Harrison said the department received information earlier in the week about a 23-year-old Kevin Martinez, who was wanted by the US Marshal's Service with three capital murder warrants issued out of Midland County.

Officers were told he was in the area and possibly staying at a local motel.

At about 11:06 p.m. Thursday, a person was found in an alley close to a hotel in the 500 block of W. 1st (US Highway 60). The man was stopped and confirmed that he was the Kevin Martinez authorities were searching for.

Martinez was arrested without incident and taken to the Deaf Smith County Jail and charged with three counts of capital murder.

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...ed-in-hereford
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Bond of $3 million set for alleged Midland murderer

Witness said shooting happened after birthday celebration

By Caitlin Randle
    MRT.com

An arrest affidavit for Kevin Alexis Martinez, 23, provided more details on what led to the deaths of three Midlanders and Martinez facing multiple charges of capital murder.

Martinez was at the Midland County jail on Tuesday after previously being held at the Smith County jail. He was taken into custody by the Hereford Police Department early Friday morning after allegedly fleeing the scene of a triple murder on Oct. 17.

According to Martinez’s arrest affidavit, he had been a roommate of one of the deceased victims for about four months. The affidavit states Martinez was in a verbal altercation with the three men who were killed prior to their deaths.

The victims and three other people were celebrating a friend’s birthday at a bar before driving back to the home Martinez shared with one of the victims, according to the affidavit. When the six of them arrived at the residence, Martinez allegedly walked outside with a rifle and immediately began shooting at the group.

A witness told police that one of the victims pushed her out of the way of the bullets and she was able to hide behind a car until the gunshots stopped. She then called 9-1-1 and waited for officers to arrive; the three victims – identified as 23-year-old James Davidson, 29-year-old Walter Ayala, and 35-year-old Gilberto Tapia-Lopez – were pronounced dead at the scene.

The three surviving witnesses identified Martinez as the shooter. The affidavit states that they “considered him a friend” and did not know the specifics of the argument that led to the shooting.

Martinez is being held on a $1 million bond for each of the three capital murder charges.

https://www.mrt.com/news/crime/artic...r-16566575.php
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information