Thread: Marlin Tramaine Warren And Carlin Jermaine Warren Sentenced In 2021 TX Murder Of David Lopez Barrera

Marlin Tramaine Warren And Carlin Jermaine Warren Sentenced In 2021 TX Murder Of David Lopez Barrera

AB8D6A6E-187F-407C-B61E-043A46C6FF48.jpeg
    Marlin Warren

043F49DF-6C29-4388-9427-5269075161EE.jpg
    Carlin Warren

2nd man jailed on capital murder charge in teen’s fatal shooting during Fort Worth drug exchange

Marlin Tramaine Warren, 20, was arrested Thursday in connection with the June 1 death of 14-year-old David Lopez Barrera.

By Catherine Marfin

A second man is behind bars in connection with the shooting death of a teenager at a Fort Worth apartment complex in June.

Marlin Tramaine Warren, 20, was arrested Thursday on a capital murder charge in the death of 14-year-old David Lopez Barrera. Warren does not have an attorney listed in court records.

His brother, 22-year-old Carlin Jermaine Warren III, was arrested July 28 on a capital murder charge in connection with Lopez’s death and was indicted Aug. 20, court records show. His attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

On June 1, Fort Worth police responded to a shooting call at the Patriot Pointe Apartments in the 2100 block of Southeast Loop 820. Officers found Lopez lying on his back near the entrance gate of the complex with a gunshot wound to his face, an arrest warrant-affidavit says. Lopez was pronounced dead in the parking lot.

Officers met with Lopez’s aunt, who said the 14-year-old told her he was meeting someone to sell them a pair of shoes.

Surveillance footage showed Lopez meeting with multiple people in a white Mercedes-Benz about an hour and a half before the shooting. The shooting was not captured on the surveillance footage because of a device malfunction, the affidavit says.

Lopez’s aunt gave detectives the last phone number the teen had communicated with, which authorities linked to Carlin Warren, according to the affidavit.

Officers located the Mercedes the following day at a Burleson hotel. Carlin Warren was seen walking to the vehicle and then walking toward a second car with two men in it.

All three men, who had outstanding warrants, were taken into custody. The others were identified as Carlin Warren’s brother, Marlin Warren, and another relative. Carlin Warren could be heard rehearsing his statement aloud before speaking with detectives, the affidavit says.

Carlin Warren said he, his brother and another man — not the relative — met with Lopez to trade him marijuana for Xanax. He said they left the apartment complex but went back after Lopez said they had shorted him on marijuana, the affidavit says, adding that he also planned to sell the teen a pound of pot for $4,500.

Carlin Warren told detectives that Lopez and the third man in the car got into a struggle over the marijuana and a gun. According to the affidavit, he said he was driving and that the third man shot Lopez, who was hanging onto the side of the car, and took his cellphone.

Detectives later located that other man, who told police he went with the brothers to the initial meeting but didn’t return the second time, according to the affidavit.

In July, detectives spoke with a witness who said a white Mercedes with three people inside cut him off at the apartment complex the day of the shooting. The witness saw Lopez running after the car and banging on a window, the affidavit says, and he told them that the car’s driver shot the teen.

Police wrote in the affidavit that they believe Carlin Warren was the shooter because he told them he was driving the Mercedes, and that the 14-year-old’s phone had been stolen along with, potentially, drugs during the incident.

Both brothers remained in custody Friday at the Tarrant County jail. Marlin Warren’s bail was set at $100,000. Total bail for Carlin Warren — who faces 18 other charges — is set at more than $1 million.

It is unclear whether police plan to file charges against the third man.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...drug-exchange/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Marlin Warren was sentenced to 13 years

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmate...n?sid=17945742

Carlin Warren was sentenced to 25 years

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmate...n?sid=16537873
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information