Thread: Antonio Barry-Edwards and Jordan Monahan in Custody in 2021 NV Slaying of Eric Mosley and Sandra Cruz–Lopez

Antonio Barry-Edwards and Jordan Monahan in Custody in 2021 NV Slaying of Eric Mosley and Sandra Cruz–Lopez

Las Vegas Couple Charged in Brutal Crime Spree Allegedly Murdered Two People Over Mere Hundreds of Dollars in Debt

By Marisa Sarnoff
    Law & Crime

Antonio Barry-Edwards and Jordan Monahan appear in mugshots (courtesy Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department)

Las Vegas police say that the May shooting deaths of a man and a woman who were found in separate locations might be connected to an unpaid debt on a stolen vehicle.

Eric Mosley, 31, and Sandra Cruz–Lopez, 39, were found on May 9, both shot to death. Mosley was found in his trailer, and Cruz-Lopez, his ex-girlfriend, was found in a burning truck on Mother’s Day around 6 miles away. Now, police are saying that they might have been killed over an unpaid debt on a stolen car — debt that amounted to somewhere between $100 and $800, local CBS affiliate KLAS reported.

Las Vegas court records show that Antonio Barry-Edwards, 24, and Jordan Monahan, 30, are both facing charges of kidnapping, murder and arson.

They are accused of taking Cruz-Lopez from a trailer she shared with Eric Mosley to an intersection at the eastern edge of the city and shooting her approximately seven times, once in the head, KLAS reported, citing Monahan’s police report.

Witnesses reportedly told police that the Cruz-Lopez was killed in retaliation for money that Mosley owed Barry-Edwards for a stolen truck but didn’t pay, KLAS reported.

One witness told police that Barry-Edwards asked Monahan to shoot Cruz-Lopez, but she hesitated, so he shot Cruz-Lopez instead, KLAS reported. It was reportedly Monahan’s idea to use WD-40 to light the truck on fire, KLAS said.

Cruz-Lopez’s burned body was found in the backseat a few hours after Mosley’s body was found.

Family members told KLAS that Cruz-Lopez and Barry-Edwards did not know each other.

“It was a vicious death,” Cruz-Lopez’s mother, Jacquelina Anzalone-Rien, told KLAS, adding her daughter left seven children behind. “I want everyone to know that she had family. She wasn’t just a nobody out there in Las Vegas. She had a good heart. She was a good person.”

Barry-Edwards is also accused of shooting and killing Mosley on the same day he and Monahan allegedly kidnapped and killed Cruz-Lopez.

Mosley was found dead inside the trailer in a North Las Vegas parking lot early on May 9.

Monahan’s police report said that Barry-Edwards “shot Mosley several times” because “Mosley owed Barry-Edwards $800 for a stolen truck,” according to KLAS. Mosley leaves behind several children, KLAS reported, including a 2-year-old daughter.

“I know my son didn’t deserve to be killed, for whatever reason they say happened or what happened, he didn’t deserve death for that,” Mosley’s mother, Celest Wedermyer, told KLAS. “I need justice. I want justice.”

Barry-Edwards was already in jail on kidnapping charges stemming from a hostage situation at a Las Vegas motel in late May.

Barry-Edwards, police say, had sawed through a motel wall in order to kidnap a 4-year-old boy and his babysitter while trying to flee from police. After several hours, Barry-Edwards allowed the 4-year-old boy to leave through the hole in the wall. The babysitter was in the hotel room overnight and allowed to leave the next morning. In all, the standoff took place over the course of 29 hours.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ebt/ar-AAQc2uy
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

I-Team: Photos show hole in Las Vegas motel room cut by murder suspect who took babysitter, boy hostage

Antonio Barry-Edwards, 24, faces more than 30 charges in 2 murders, barricade

By David Charns
    KLAS News

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The I-Team has obtained photos from a 29-hour standoff where a man now accused in two homicides took a 4-year-old and his babysitter hostage.

Police arrested Antonio Barry-Edwards, 24, of Las Vegas, on May 27 outside of the Highland Inn Motel on Dean Martin Drive near Blue Diamond Road in the south valley.

Barry-Edwards is accused of murdering two people on Mother’s Day, about two weeks before the standoff. The 4-year-old and babysitter were eventually released unscathed.

Photos obtained by the I-Team and shown to a grand jury show a large hole in a wall between two motel rooms.

Several minutes after the barricade began, Barry-Edwards used a saw to cut through the wall between Room 113 and Room 114, taking the young woman and the child hostage, police said. The woman told police she was watching the boy for his parents while they did errands that morning.

The I-Team was first to confirm that Barry-Edwards is a suspect in a homicide involving a burned car on May 9. Sandra Cruz-Lopez, 39, was found dead in the car near Lake Mead Boulevard and Los Feliz Street.

In another homicide case, Barry-Edwards is accused of shooting and killing Eric Mosley, 31, in a trailer in North Las Vegas on the same day. Police said Mosley was killed in a parking lot near North Las Vegas Boulevard and Griswold Street.

According to court records, police believe Barry-Edwards killed Mosley first over an $800 debt for a stolen car. Family members said Mosley and Cruz-Lopez, a mother of seven, had been in a prior relationship.

“I know my son didn’t deserve to be killed, for whatever reason they say happened or what happened,” Mosley’s mother, Celest Wedermyer, told 8 News Now earlier this fall.

After Mosley’s murder, police said Barry-Edwards and his girlfriend, Jordan Monahan, 30, kidnapped Cruz-Lopez and later killed her.

“It’s a mother’s worst nightmare,” Jacqueline Anzalone-Riem told 8 News Now in October. “That’s not going to bring my daughter back. That’s not going to bring her back to her kids. I want them held accountable for everything that they’ve done.”

The North Las Vegas shooting was reported 30 minutes before the burned car incident was first reported to dispatchers, the I-Team reported in October.

The standoff involving Barry-Edwards in May began when a Metro police officer spotted a stolen SUV at the motel. The officer then saw Barry-Edwards get on the motorcycle and a fight ensued.

During the scuffle, Barry-Edwards is accused of reaching for a gun he had inside his vest, so the officer “kicked Antonio two times in the head, which caused Antonio to become startled and lose his balance,” the report said. Barry-Edwards then went into Room 113 of the motel and barricaded himself inside.

Several hours into the standoff, Barry-Edwards allowed the boy to leave through the hole. The next morning, Barry-Edwards allowed the babysitter to leave the room through the hole, according to police. The babysitter was held hostage for about a day.

In all, Barry-Edwards faces more than 30 charges connected to the two murders and the standoff. Monahan faces charges for murder, kidnapping and arson in Cruz-Lopez’s death.

In court Monday, prosecutors noted they intended to start the process to seek the death penalty in Barry-Edwards’ case, but not Monahan’s, should a jury convict him. Both are due back in court later this month.

https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-te...r-boy-hostage/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information