Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramiro Felix Gonzales - Texas Execution - June 26, 2024

Nationally Virginia was a GOP leaning state until the 2000s. At the state level most of the Democratic politicians at the time were much more moderate during Virginia’s capital punishment heyday. Plus the 80s were essentially a time where transnational fazes were happening in statewide politics for the south. The 80s and 90s saw a huge rise for Republicans to start dominating statewide politics in pretty much the entire south. The Democratic politicians that we saw elected like Zell Miller in the 90s we can only dream of seeing one now in Georgia.
    Last edited by Neil; 10-26-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Gonzales execution date reset for 7/13/22.

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/death_row...xecutions.html
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Gonzales has apparently requested a 30 day reprieve so he can donate a kidney “to atone for the life I took”.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    He had three execution dates in a year, the first one set on April 20th, 2021. He had an entire year to "donate a kidney", not to mention the previous ones spent on death row, but he never did it, until less than two weeks before his third scheduled execution. It's nothing but a shameless, despicable, disgraceful emotional blackmail in order to avoid the gurney. There is no reason for a reprieve, no reason whatsoever. What a disgusting human being.

Senior Member Member
    i would be terrified at the thought of needing a transplant and the only selection is from a creep. i have a crazy question about that. heaven forbid should i be in that situation, would i wake up with a murderer's personality, too?

Gonzales has been granted a preliminary injunction by the federal district court

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...28/1818570/90/

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I totally do not understand what the entire "trial" thing is about. I hope Paxton will appeal this, because it's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen since I follow death penalty cases.

It’s another holy man thing.

Texas now allows chaplains to hold the inmates hand during the execution, but Gonzales wants his chaplain to put his hands on his chest iirc.
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 07-05-2022 at 11:59 AM.

So what? Whatever he wants, just put him to death. Really, why only Texas keeps having this holy man things? Why Alabama, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arizona execute their inmates, and TDCJ keeps shooting in its own feet with that? It's an unjustifiable obduracy, especially now that SCOTUS has spoken.
    Last edited by Mastro Titta; 07-05-2022 at 01:00 PM.

It isn’t just Texas but it’s only a problem in Texas. Alabama allowed a chaplain to be with Willie Smith as he was juiced

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information