Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ramiro Felix Gonzales - Texas Execution - June 26, 2024

The Big Texas everyone. I like how most people on this site think this is the Texas of the Rick Perry days of 319 executions. This state is nowhere that anymore and it hasn’t been like that since 2016. Paxton seeking these execution dates is nothing but political pandering. The only true death penalty state left in the United States is Missouri.

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    So the tcca is simply not allowing executions to happen

It’s because the TCCA are full of idiots. You could say “Can I have a stay? Pretty please with a Cherry on top” and they’d give it to you
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    At this point I have to agree on what Neil said. Paxton seeking execution dates won’t matter in the end because the TCCA is handing out stays like birthday cakes.
    Last edited by Julius; 07-28-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Looking up the members of the TCCA, only 2 of the 9 were there during the Golden Years. 3 others were out there during the Decent Years, where Texas was still the Execution King but wasn’t as good as they used to be, and the other 4 were put there during Texas downfall, with 2 of them arriving the year the downfall started
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Again, as FFM has said, it's because of Article 11.071, whereupon any "new" evidence, no matter how much a waste of time, is to be considered.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Just like what Aaron stated if these people are so “pro” they’d be pushing to nullify that 2014 law. Paxton can do as he wants. Paxton can set all the dates he wants but in the end, it’s just political pandering from him. The Texas of the 2000s is long gone just like the Virginia of the 90s and 2000s is now gone.

I almost wish we would have chat on stayed execution nights, I contend that it would be a more interesting discussion.
    "It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them".--Alfred Adler

Woman in need of kidney: Death row inmate could save my life

In June, Ramiro Gonzales, a death row inmate in Texas, asked the state for a 30-day reprieve so he could donate a kidney.

Gonzales is convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering a young woman in 2001. However, Gonzales has a rare blood type, making a potential donation especially valuable.

At first, Texas said no. But weeks later — just 2 days before Gonzales was set to be executed — the state’s court of appeals granted a stay on an unrelated issue from his trial.

So now, the debate over kidney donation is heating up once again.

Judy Frith, a potential recipient of the kidney, told NewsNation’s “Banfield” on Thursday that the wait for a kidney with her and the inmate’s blood type is up to 6 years. The wait for other kidney types is 3 to 4 years.

“It’s very rare to find somebody that wants to do a live donation in the first place. It’s very brave. I think it would be a shame if Mr. Gonzales wants to do that, and he’s not allowed to,” Frith said.

Frith added that if she can get the new kidney, she’ll finally be able to take her grandkids camping and swimming.

According to the National Kidney Foundation, 13 people a day die waiting for lifesaving kidney transplants, but some say the ethics of prisoner organ donation is tricky.

Robert Dunham, the executive director of the Death Penalty Information Center, noted on “Banfield” that “Mr. Gonzales meets all the qualifications for a donor under Texas policy. So it’s more a question of the state’s intransigence than it is of any real practical problems.”

Meanwhile, some people believe that allowing death row inmates to donate their kidneys is exploiting the prisoners. Michael Zoosman, the founder of “L’Chaim! Jews Against the Death Penalty,” who has been working with Gonzales, said that isn’t the case here.

“Abolish the death penalty, and you’ll find that these people are sincere and still want to do it. Ramiro now still wants to donate his kidney, even though he has no execution date hanging over his head. I do not believe that this is exploitative. I believe it comes from the heart with a sincere desire to make right with his God,” Zoosman said on “Banfield.”

(source: newsnationnow.com)
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    I won't post the entire article, because it is nothing but a bunch of murderer-loving gibberish, but five months later Saint Ramiro Gonzales still hasn't donated his kidney (but it's TDCJ's fault, right).

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/09/o...-gonzalez.html

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information