Thread: Megan Cawley Sentenced to Probation In 2021 TX Murder Of Infant

Megan Cawley Sentenced to Probation In 2021 TX Murder Of Infant

0F134AAB-ADAF-4C85-BEB8-19B60104F89D.jpeg
    Cawley

MPD investigates capital murder after infant's body is found in vehicle's trunk

An arrest warrant for Capital Murder was issued for Megan Cawley on Wednesday, and she was taken in.

Author: Mason Storrs

MIDLAND, Texas — The Midland Police Department is investigating a capital murder.

On Tuesday, MPD responded to a call at Midland Memorial Hospital regarding an individual later identified as Megan Cawley.

After investigating, officers discovered that Cawley gave birth at her home on November 27. However, the infant was not present with Cawley at the hospital.

Assisting detectives and the MPD Crime Scene Unit responded to the home and located the infant’s body in the trunk of a vehicle.

An arrest warrant for Capital Murder was issued for Cawley on Wednesday, and she was arrested.

This is all the information we have on the incident at this time and the investigation is ongoing. We will update this story as more details are made available.

https://www.newswest9.com/article/ne...4-b8aa260aa0a3
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Troubled Woman Who Hid Her Newborn in Her Trunk Charged with Capital Murder

BY SONIA RAMIREZ-MUÑOZ

MIDLAND, TX –– A 31-year-old Midland woman is facing murder charges after she admitted to placing her newborn baby in the trunk of a car.

According to court documents, on November 30th officers were dispatched to Midland Memorial Hospital.

When officers arrived they learned a doctor had removed Megan Cawley's placenta, but she claimed she didn't remember giving birth. Doctors estimated the baby had been born approximately 4 days before Crawley was admitted to the hospital

In the affidavit, after coming out of the surgery, Crawley told hospital staff she and her husband did not want kids.

When she was questioned by police, Crawley continued to deny she had been pregnant or given birth.

Crawley's fiance told police that after Crawley was admitted to the hospital he returned to the house and found a substantial amount of blood in the bathroom.

At the time he believed it was connected to a urinary tract infection. Crawley would later tell police her fiance was not aware of the pregnancy or birth.

While police were on their way to Crawley's residence, she sent her fiance the following message.

“I love you. I messed up. Trunk of the Impala, they won’t have to check the house. It was already dead. I’m going to jail for life.”

Crawley was subsequently arrested and would admit her baby was born on November 26th. She then placed the baby into black plastic bags and into the trunk of her car.

Crawley claimed the baby was not breathing when they were placed in the truck, but paramedics confirmed the baby had been breathing.

Crawley has been charged with capital murder and is being held at the Midland County Jail.

https://sanangelolive.com/news/crime...capital-murder

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Woman accused in death of Midland infant released from hospital, taken to jail

by: Erica Miller

Midland, Texas (Nexstar)- Megan Cawley, the 31-year-old Midland woman charged with Capital Murder in the death of her newborn son, has been released from Midland Memorial Hospital and has now been booked into the Midland County Jail.

According to jail records, Cawley is being held on a million-dollar bond.

On November 30, investigators with the Midland Police Department responded to MMH after a doctor reported Cawley had presented to the hospital after giving birth for a procedure to remove the placenta.

The doctor told police he thought Crawley had been about 36 weeks along in her pregnancy and that she had delivered her baby about four days before coming to the hospital. According to MPD, the mother did not bring her baby with her to the hospital.

The doctor told investigators as Cawley was coming out of anesthesia, she told the medical staff at MMH that neither she, nor her husband wanted kids, according to the affidavit.

When questioned by police, Cawley denied giving birth or ever knowing she was pregnant.

Police then questioned Cawley’s fiancé who told them that he had found a lot of blood in the bathroom but thought it was from a urinary tract infection. The fiancé denied knowing Cawley was ever pregnant.

After obtaining permission for a search, police went to the couple’s home. During the drive to their home, Cawley’s fiancé received a text from Cawley that said, “I love you. I messed up. Trunk of the Impala, they won’t have to check the house. It was already dead. I’m going to jail for life.”

According to the affidavit, Cawley later admitted to officers that she’d delivered the baby on November 26th, placed the baby into black plastic bags, and put the baby into the trunk of her car. Cawley told investigators the baby was not breathing when she put him into the bags, but according to paramedics the full-term baby had been breathing when he was born.

Cawley told police her fiancé knew nothing about the pregnancy or the birth.

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/woman...from-hospital/

Megan Cawley released from jail after plea deal

Cawley pled guilty to tampering with evidence and criminal negligent homicide charges.

Author: Mason Storrs

MIDLAND, Texas — UPDATE: Megan Cawley was released from jail in late May of 2022 after agreeing to a plea deal.

According to the Midland District Attorney's office, the plea deal was agreed to on May 19. It dismissed the charge of injury to a child.

However, Cawley did plead guilty to criminal negligent homicide and tampering with evidence. This led to a six month, or 180 day sentence, from December 2021 to May 2022, for the criminal negligent homicide charge. She received a 10-year deferred adjudication on the tampering with evidence charge, meaning the case gets dismissed if she successfully completes probation.

Cawley will also be required to attend mental health classes and have no contact with her ex-fiancée as part of the deal.

After Cawley was arrested and went to jail, an autopsy was done on the body of the baby. The examiners could not determine the cause of death, which caused the district attorney's office to change their initial capital murder charge to criminal negligence homicide.

The DA's office stuck with the criminal negligence homicide charge because Cawley did not call 9-1-1 after giving birth in her residence.

This is all the new information we have. We will continue to update this story as we receive more details.

https://www.newswest9.com/article/ne...-b8aa260aa0a3#

Thread Information