Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howard Paul Guidry - Texas Death Row

Harris County is the most democratic county in Texas. Ogg is likely to remain DA but at least she actually seeks the death penalty for killers. She does set execution dates but she’ll likely not set anymore until Dextor Johnson is worm food, which will happen eventually
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Actually no Romney and Obama tied in Harris County. Abbott carried Harris County in 2018. The most Democratic county in Texas is Travis. The problem is Trump is not the right candidate for those types of voters. Yes demographics are of concern but Abbott carried that county in 2018 with very high turnout and Romney tied with Obama there back in 2012.
    Last edited by Neil; 07-02-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    The Austin DA runoff is coming up and the progressive candidate has promised to stop seeking the death penalty.

I went back and looked at Abbott’s vote total in 2018 for Harris county. He didn’t win it. However, even still he came close. He got around 47 percent of the vote to 53 percent for Lupe Valdez. Trump on the other hand got 41 percent of the vote to 55 percent for Clinton.

That runoff doesn’t surprise me. That’s to be expected from Austin. After all, Travis County is full of very liberal people and by far the most liberal county in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by johncocacola View Post
    The Austin DA runoff is coming up and the progressive candidate has promised to stop seeking the death penalty.
    Jose Garza?

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    Yes. He got 44% of the vote in the primary compared to 41% for Moore. She has a gap to close.

Abbott did better than Cruz did in Harris County for obvious reasons, but a lot of the district court judges got voted out too.

I think if Abbott wasn’t on the ballot in 2018. You would’ve very likely seen a blue Texas. Abbott didn’t provide coattails but he was a shield for a lot of Republicans statewide that year. So many statewide races in Texas were within 5 points of each other that year. The one Texas Republican that was around 10 points besides Abbott was George P Bush.

O Rourke provided cottails since he performed so strongly that year. He got over 4 million votes. More so then Clinton. Clinton was at 3.7 million votes in 2016.
    Last edited by Neil; 07-02-2020 at 10:38 PM.

The panel was made up of Judges Willett (Trump), Ho (Trump) and Oldham (Trump).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information